The new roadmap .. Discuss ..

Novean-32184

The updated roadmap is what they hope they will be able to achieve this year? That just means there is something very, very wrong at NQ.

That's not a roadmap for a 50+ people organization, it's something you would expect from a typical Indie game with less then 5 employees. 

NQ shows 64 employees on LinkedIN, the vast majority of those have nothing to do with actual development and many are in "management". There's also quite a few who seem "loosely" attached to NQ. So yeah.. I'd be surprised of there are even 10 people actually/actively writing code and working on the game in that way.

Having 10 quality devs can result in a lot of progress in a relatively short time but I would not be surprised if their management and tasking is severely lacking as well in the case of DU.

26 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

NQ shows 64 employees on LinkedIN, the vast majority of those have nothing to do with actual development and many are in "management". There's also quite a few who seem "loosely" attached to NQ. So yeah.. I'd be surprised of there are even 10 people actually/actively writing code and working on the game in that way.

Having 10 quality devs can result in a lot of progress in a relatively short time but I would not be surprised if their management and tasking is severely lacking as well in the case of DU.

We suspecting/dicussing this sad state for years.

As I see it, initialy, on forming NQ, JC (being JC) brough in a lot of totaly parasitic employees to have fun with them on meetings about next meetings (likely beloved JC activity to feel smart). Now, eating salaries for 7 (!) years now, conviniently doing absolutly nothing, these people totaly not want to go anywhere. They doing fine and likely adapted into new leadership or lack of it.

46 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Go on the official website https://www.dualuniverse.game/ and scroll down to jobs. 

I count 94 employees. https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/novaquark

It is constantly updated, as you can see in the job offers. So I assume that this number is correct.

reading this forum and all the announcements costs to much energy, sorry to say but if a corona vaccine can be developed, clinically tested, checked and approved by the FDA, mass produced and shipped all over the world within 1 year then taking from 2016 till now to reach the point where updates are filling most part of the roadmap is kinda, well, lets stop reading again

On 7/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, SirJohn85 said:

Go on the official website https://www.dualuniverse.game/ and scroll down to jobs. 

I count 94 employees. https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/novaquark

It is constantly updated, as you can see in the job offers. So I assume that this number is correct.

JC is still CEO there (he is not even with NQ anymore as far as we've been informed) and the announcement of the Montreal studio is featured (which happened well over two years ago). So much for being current and accurate ..

8 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

JC is still CEO there (he is not even with NQ anymore as far as we've been informed) and the announcement of the Montreal studio is featured (which happened well over two years ago). So much for being current and accurate ..

Ikr? It just seems strange when you have this information on one side and read this on the other. As a potential new employee, it would irritate me why it is not updated, even though they are looking for new employees. But the disillusionment comes 2-3 months later when you are employed.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:34 AM, Perry666 said:

I just spent 30 minutes googling NQ and DU. Just about all of he news is from 2019 at the latest. Now, I'm old and dumb and don't know shit about fuck but old news and no news in this day and age is never a good thing.

Scientist had an idea.

Scientist made a PoC.

We tested the PoC and paid for experiment analyzes.

PoC didn't work and turned out to be  a failure.

It seems like scientist got fired.

Time to go crowfund next scientist idea because obviously gamers are much better in deciding which projects should be founded and which are not than professional investors.

P.S:

PoC name was "server tech for millions of players".

Real result was "shit hits the fan with less than 100".

23 hours ago, XKentX said:

Scientist had an idea.

Scientist made a PoC.

We tested the PoC and paid for experiment analyzes.

PoC didn't work and turned out to be  a failure.

It seems like scientist got fired.

Time to go crowfund next scientist idea because obviously gamers are much better in deciding which projects should be founded and which are not than professional investors.

P.S:

PoC name was "server tech for millions of players".

Real result was "shit hits the fan with less than 100".

Maybe that's the sad truth. I didn't get this "we ll create a metaverse" fit for millions of players. When the game is so special, it would have been lucky to attract maybe thousands (under the condition it reaches the state where it can be considered a final product) . I guess advertising and making some investors believe this might be the next step following the internet.

2 hours ago, DrDerp said:

Maybe that's the sad truth. I didn't get this "we ll create a metaverse" fit for millions of players. When the game is so special, it would have been lucky to attract maybe thousands (under the condition it reaches the state where it can be considered a final product) . I guess advertising and making some investors believe this might be the next step following the internet.

yup.

The game loops that got just introduced in the last update assume you will be staring at the screen for 6 hours while your ship is flying...

This has to attract millions of people, especially the younger population right ?

The best part is that you actually hope it will be just flying in completely empty space for hours without encountering anything...

3 hours ago, XKentX said:

The game loops that got just introduced in the last update assume you will be staring at the screen for 6 hours while your ship is flying...

It is kinda impressive that they managed to make another game mechanic that competes with mining for the title of "most mind numbingly boring" game feature award. It is almost like they don't play their own game or something..

On 7/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, Snipey said:

instead of addressing the core of the game like higher tier ore regeneration and the new player experience. 

They are literally adding asteroids (which will be regenerating high tier ore), autominers (which will probably regen high tier ore) and a whole section of the roadmap is literally on first time user experience lol

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

They are literally adding asteroids (which will be regenerating high tier ore), autominers (which will probably regen high tier ore) and a whole section of the roadmap is literally on first time user experience lol

They are adding another "exciting" game loop where you scan an asteroid and stare at the screen for hours while your ship is flying there to hand dig it.

I have saved the current roadmap. Starbase will publish their updated roadmap this week. Let's just make a direct comparison then.

I mean, the old Starbase roadmap was impressive, so I'm all the more excited to see what's in store for us this time.

Part of problem with current roadmap, that with usual NQ trasperancy there is no context how many actual developers work on it. Because it means huge difference.

If its just Deckard with half-dozen other overworked dudes, who stuggle for survival under pressure of 50 useless managers -- this roadmap is mucking heroic, I salute them.

It also mean, that comparing DU progress with SB one is just unfair. They had likely several times more actual manpower and better leadership. With DU I honestly not even know who in charge, JC run off, Entrophy, if he still alive, copletly hidden himself under rock.

2 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

It also mean, that comparing DU progress with SB one is just unfair. They had likely several times more actual manpower and better leadership. With DU I honestly not even know who in charge, JC run off, Entrophy, if he still alive, copletly hidden himself under rock.

How is that unfair? Nobody forced NQ to hire more managers then actual developers.

Fact are that NQ had at one point up to 80 employees (now about 50) and still got nowhere.

And on the other hand Frozenbyte (Starbase) today has grown to about 130 employees (from less then 20 in late 2014). And during the same time frame as DU, they made and released 5-6 games while also developing Starbase in parallel. And from 2005-2014 with less then 20 employees they made 5 games..

So when Starbase goes early access end of this week. There will be one less reason to play aka 'work a second full time job' in DU.

5 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

How is that unfair?

Well, kinda "unfair" more like figure of speach, like "who can guessed", "comparison result is predictable"; I sometimes fail in translate nuances into english.

But yeah, questionable empoyee policy was at root of NQs severe problems. My personal theory JC mucked it up brining too much sycophancy into the play. It was nice for him (until proverbial "recoking"), but bad for game.

9 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Speaking of maps, these road maps remind me of places I've lived in my life.

The "other" game's roadmap, Japan:......

DU Roadmap, Zimbabwe: ......

Neither is a good comparison of the DU road map.  Both have streets mapped out one is just a lot more sparse.  The DU road map would be analogous to a list of street names with no graphical representation to their layout or intersection with other streets.  Something like this;

First Ave, Main St, Young St., Memorial Ave., Southview Blvd., Northview Blvd.,,....    Coming early summer;  2nd Ave, Service Road and River Road!

9 hours ago, Kruzer said:

Neither is a good comparison of the DU road map. 

Nah, cheers, I’m cool with those two maps. I think they adequately get the point across regarding the respective detail shown in the two road”maps” without having to resort to verbose explanation.