Make a black market for stolen mission items

TheMasterArchitect

4 hours ago, DekkarTV said:

Hey Master, 

I'm just curious as I've not had the time to test it myself, but what happens with the mission item in the hands of a pirate.  For example, can you open them? What is inside? 

I would also like to know, I don't delve into that part of the game.

13 hours ago, DekkarTV said:

Hey Master, 

I'm just curious as I've not had the time to test it myself, but what happens with the mission item in the hands of a pirate.  For example, can you open them? What is inside? 

you get an item called "big stuffs" that's unusable.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, CoyoteNZ said:

Don’t you pirates already get all the elements (apart from core) and what honeycomb is left? How much do you want?

As the largest purchaser of salvage ships in DU, pirates get sweet F all.  Salvaged elements are worthless unless they are key items, advanced/rare engines, agg, warp or containers.  Other than that salvage has no value.  It cannot be sold in markets and cannot be sold in dispensers (unless fixed) due to the dynamic properties.  Ultimately the cost to pirates in pvp is generally always higher than the value of what they acquire with a few exceptions. (fully loaded hauler for example)  Often times the fuel/warp/ammo costs just to kill a hauler are not covered by what is recovered. 

That said I too agree a special way to turn in these "acquired" mission packages would be a good source of income to help cover the costs they put out.  Even if the mission turn it ONLY paid out the Collateral of the mission.  Meaning they only get the money for fencing the item back to the mission provider for a "finders fee".  Alternatively they could implement it so that the pirates can claim it and turn in the mission as if they had taken it the full journey. 

In case you wonder why I purchase salvage it is simply to encourage more benefits to pvp players as part of the DEK SALVAGE pvp support initiative.   Salvage parts are terribly hard to build with, don't stack in containers, so each salvaged adjustor must be put on your bar in order to be placed. (Imagine doing this 80+ times for a ship instead of just placing them from a stack)  In addition there is no way to break down the salvaged parts currently, so most pirates wouldn't consider salvage a "reward" unless it is one of those items I originally mentioned.

PVP has been a pure money sink with no benefit for almost a year. Saying "how much do you want" is simple, they just want to cover the costs of the content they provide/seek.