SHIPS with DRM

Novean-119644

Dear Noveans,

I spend some time creating my own ship but I do not like the way that connecting different voxels work( IT DOESN'T WORK).
So instead I bought few blueprints from creators. 
Each and every ship I customized, some quite heavily and now I'm worried.
Because if I would fly by accident into pvp zone and i would die.
I would lost hundreds of hours I put into reshaping/tuning those ships. 
I can buy parts in no time, but time I spent on those ships I cannot and lost would be irreplaceable.
Can you guys introduce new type of BP, or do anything that will allow me to make a BP of my ship which have DRM?
I totally agree with current DRM policy, but I would like to have option of creating bp of my ship just for myself, something similar to compacted construct.
The way and how you guys introduce it is up to you, but i just want to have an option to save bp/reconstruct my ship if I loose it.
What you guys think?

It would be tricky to consider all the loopholes for duplicating ships or blueprints you buy. Like maybe if destroying a ship deleted it from the game and there was some insurance system where you could get a replacement.

Otherwise for now, after you modify it you could always ask the original creator to make a blueprint copy for you.

The original creator may wish to sell ships to people who have them destroyed, so it would be a little unfair on them if you could keep pressing his ship everytime you lost it.

The solution in game has already been mentioned. If you have a good relationship with your ship builder he may be willing to make a new core BP of your vessel after your changes so if you ever lose it, he can press you a new one with the modification. I have a arrangement kind of like this with Titan Aerospace. I am a terrible pilot (skill, talents are good), so he has made a modified version of one of his main ships with a lot more breaks for me to suit my flying style. 

If if you are lucky you can arrange that type of relationship with your builder.

There was a suggestion when DRM was new that people be able to make a blueprint which had a different blueprint as a requirement. This would have solved your problem but nobody @NQ took that up as far as I’m aware.

The design leaves with the creator if they don't release it, that's just a side effect of having DRM. The options are to get a different ship from another creator or make your own ship from scratch.

Most ship builders will sell you a replacement BP at a fraction of the cost, but they are protected by DRM for good reason. 

You can see knock-offs of Dankknight and Seripis's ships literally sitting at Market 6 with different names even now that look similar but don't quite have their "refined" feel.  Kinda like similiar knock offs in real life you can get on Amazon/Wish for cheaper then the original. 

Without DRM anyone can steal the hard work of voxel/design artists. 

That said, there are plenty of DRM Free blueprints around to use for experimentation. 

-Voxel Libraries (shapes)

-Do it yourself Hanger Kits

-Do it yourself hallway kits

-Furniture kits

-Ship Voxel Designs (no elements)

Don't forget if you are going to fly into pvp space make sure to take a "Manual Snapshot" of the ship prior, this ensures if you don't die but take damage that you can restore the ship on a repair unit. 

Also as a resource is the DU-Creators discord, there is a channel there called "commissions" if you can't be bothered to do the voxel work you can hire those with talent to do it, often times they will provide you with the core bp of your design for you to place elements and eventually sell as your own for an upfront cost.

Some of us spend hundreds of hours getting a voxel pattern to look right, and often times put them together for sale DRM free, even knowing that they can be ripped off and someone can resell our voxel libraries to others for cheaper just to make a buck or take advantage.  I've sold 113 of my POP UP SHOP (small shops at District 6) and they are completely DRM free, because I brought an idea that didn't exist of a compactible shop prior.  I've still only seen about 15 of the actual shop around, but people have purchased it to support the idea and then gone and built their own market shops, or compactible shops for events.

I think you misunderstood me.
I'm not asking for DRM change, i'm okay with it.
I just want a way to recover my ship if creator/ or shit goes wrong.
There is none atm and thus proposition because i see many ways of how it can go wrong and no solution to it.
Only ways around it.

You are in fact very much asking for a DRM change. An alteration to allow a player to produce a print of a ship that isn't their own original design would functionally just remove the DRM system. A system that allows a ship to lose DRM protection its because its owner made a change would immediately be used to circumvent DRM entirely, people would just make the required alterations to some floating bits they'd add until DRM broke, then they'd remove it and have an exact copy of the original now DRM free.