Upcoming Org Changes

Noddles

Evening,

So as by far the largest Org in-game (yes I know actual numbers playing are far less) i'm a bit concerned with assets all over the place as well as sub orgs for different wings of how we run the org.  For example a lot of this was done to avoid 'theft' which of course many know we had but ironically as a result we split stuff up to make this more difficult to do!.  So now we are looking at trying to find every core item to visit it to transfer it into one org and trying to find ever tile claimed.  There is NO list of who owns what core, there is NO list of every tile owned and by whom.  If this change is to happen at least give us the tools!

Thanks

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

My largest concern is over BOO's Tortuga City Project. Our managers all have orgs of our own. @Kurock do you want Dice or Tortuga? :lol:

As an additional concern, I have to add... what about alliances? 

If two Super Legates want to make an in game alliance, how will that be handled?

40 minutes ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

My largest concern is over BOO's Tortuga City Project. Our managers all have orgs of our own. @Kurock do you want Dice or Tortuga? :lol:

I would love both but can keep neither. Rip community projects.

I am having the same issue, also a community project. Also how will this affect alliances where all members of that alliance are super legates and the alliance itself chooses one of its members, and in such always a superlegate. I think there are some unforseen issues here that are forgotten just to close a door that someone used to again bypass a limitation. Hurts a lot of people for some eveldoers.

52 minutes ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

If two Super Legates want to make an in game alliance, how will that be handled?

Probably this will kill the alliances as there is no safe way to do it in a different way

The changes are good in themselves. The problem though is that NQ has allowed expectations and situations to evolve which will now be run into the ground. The victims are the ones using the abilities they had to create solid and interesting projects as a fallout of NQ dealing with wild growth of massive towers and waterfall orgs consisting of Alts because "Jonnie wants his own little tower all to himself", and allowing that.

While the community clearly told NQ this would not end well since well before beta, NQ thought they know better and it would not get as bad. Currently we see one thing after another come to actually happen as many of us said it would and NQ now having to resort to measures like this in the hopes of fixing it. Thing is, if DU was in a state where it should be, early alpha, you can make the changes and wipe, no questions asked, and move on. NQ thought they'd see masses and masses of players come through the gates from the moment they went "beta" but instead they saw their bank account get drained by a massive spike in server cost and so have been in emergency mode, trying to fix the plumbing, since August last year.

So they have neither the player base nor a stable and sustainable game at this point

And that is a real shame.

There goes another part of JC's failed vision, nested organizations. 

So 5 org leaders join forces to make an alliance. But 1st they have to find a random guy to be the super legate? 

And that guy, not trusted by anyone will have full power over org ships and org wallet? 

What a disaster. 

One thing we can count on NQ for is to chose the wrong answer for each problem... 

indeed, not going for the exploiting person but kill a feature

How many times now already?

So now i must disband either CATS or Tranquility as all the legates already have more than 1 superlegacy, and most members too and i am not going to ask someone else to kill off one of their organizations. And all because somewhere someone actually made a shitload organizations to place more cores?

Oh wow, who possibly thought of that Posting a problem to circumvent things....noone saw this coming. Except for everyone playing since alpha and the introduction of orgs 

Good change in and of itself but as blaze said, poor thinking on NQs part and the introduction of this 

The "one child org" direction will not bear fruit here either. The infinite orgs can be solved by adding actual features that would naturally limit that. For example, like a cost and an economy that supports it. 

I don't really understand that. If you want to have a restriction on how many orgs you can have as a superlegate, then please not 1... tied to the account. That is not conducive to the community after seeing this change. You don't build a community feeling that way if you don't want to bring people together. In retrospect, I'm glad I'm not running an org and putting extra effort into the community. Now I would have to run after everything and make sure that there are no problems. Imagine you are running your org and another project like DICE or Tortuga. And now they tell you after so many years that you can't do that anymore. Instead you have to pay for it with a second account. 

Shame on you NQ.

edit:

This is what an advertisement on this case could look like:

WTS > lifetime super legate spot, since I am not logging in an you don't have to fear that your org will be abolished or deleted.

No RTM, Only ingame offers. Pm me.

4 hours ago, Sybily said:

Also, i don't think a 1 month notice will be enough since it could take a couple months to train all the talents needed to increase core limit.

Doesnt the core limit gets picked up from the best legate / or supper legate.  So you could change your toon that was supper legate to be a legate and effectively you will not loose the number of core this corporation can have ?

I, as the owner of 3 orgs with me only as a member, find this change to be a kick in the balls.

I can now look at how to get the active core of all orgs into one only because it is now no longer possible to lead the post as legate in different orgs that one owns oneself.

great change, applause keep it up, this is how you make yourself popular with players.

I will have no choice but to take down the buildings in the other orgs and build new ones in the main org.
Not to mention that thanks to this change i will reach the core limit soon.

Great cinema

5 minutes ago, PrinzEugen said:

I, as the owner of 3 orgs with me only as a member, find this change to be a kick in the balls.

I can now look at how to get the active core of all orgs into one only because it is now no longer possible to lead the post as legate in different orgs that one owns oneself.

great change, applause keep it up, this is how you make yourself popular with players.

I will have no choice but to take down the buildings in the other orgs and build new ones in the main org.
Not to mention that thanks to this change i will reach the core limit soon.

Great cinema

I agree its just adding more restriction on players. Considering they wanted the game world to be built by players they sure are trying to make it difficult.

PS> You dont need to take them apart and rebuild just tokenize and use the key for the other org.

So organizations in this game can own assets such as tiles and constructs, but what happens in the event of dissolution? Who are the individuals that are entitled to those assets? Let's say that there will be no liquidation since you have to find a buyer to sell something to liquidate something, who are the legal owners of the property according to the game now that the company is dissolved? Is there any legal framework in the game to settle these claims or it is all up to the parties? 

If this is so hard to resolve, then the company must find a buyer to liquidate it's properties and split the cash accordingly to the claimants under it's own MOUs (since there is no legal resolution) before the dissolution of the company. Without liquidation, how the f*ck do you settle the ownership of the assets?  

Since this game lack laws, the players should create them in the form of bilateral/multilateral agreement of parties called MOU (memorandum of understanding). It is not legally enforceable, but it is a proof of agreement (a vouching system). I don't meant to rant, but a lot of people in this game call themselves a "lawyer" or "attorney this or that". They are useless traditional politicians who can't do anything tangible! How about you help solve the problem instead of politicking? If you want to make this a profession, then how about you help your client with their rights? They have no rights unless it can be backed with documents pertaining to the agreement. How about you help craft these documents? This game is all politics with retarded masses and candidates! People here don't know how to negotiate, how to document an agreement, how to keep a record of financial activities, how to review these records intuitively as a shareholder, how to manage their personal finances. Nothing, it is all dictatorship! 

You can't manage an org if politics always get's in the way of things! People here don't even assert themselves, they just support their patron! No wonder I'm soloing this game!

And what are we gonna do with abandoned constructs and territories since many people have quitted this game? Let me see. NQ might introduce an adverse possessor (squatter's rights) mechanics  for these properties to have any use to the public than remain unused. It's a stupid law in real-life ( a very stupid one and one that I suffer as a property owner). Squatters will become a profession in this game. They will occupy someone's property until they now legally own it and they have more claim than the title holder.  Seriously! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession

Alioth will become a piece of dirt like the state of California which has a 7 year adverse possessor law. Here is my question for you: why would you pay a mortgage and why would you pay a rent if you can legally live for free? Thanks to these traditional politicians and their red tape on evicting the squatters, we now live in a world where we can steal people's property, and legally! 

My family is in the business of real estate so I am aware of these bull sh*t. Seriously, you can legally squat and the law encourages it! 

51 minutes ago, Eternal said:

So organizations in this game can own assets such as tiles and constructs, but what happens in the event of dissolution? Who are the individuals that are entitled to those assets? Let's say that there will be no liquidation since you have to find a buyer to sell something to liquidate something, who are the legal owners of the property according to the game now that the company is dissolved? Is there any legal framework in the game to settle these claims or it is all up to the parties? 

If this is so hard to resolve, then the company must find a buyer to liquidate it's properties and split the cash accordingly to the claimants under it's own MOUs (since there is no legal resolution) before the dissolution of the company. Without liquidation, how the f*ck do you settle the ownership of the assets?  

Since this game lack laws, the players should create them in the form of bilateral/multilateral agreement of parties called MOU (memorandum of understanding). It is not legally enforceable, but it is a proof of agreement (a vouching system). I don't meant to rant, but a lot of people in this game call themselves a "lawyer" or "attorney this or that". They are useless traditional politicians who can't do anything tangible! How about you help solve the problem instead of politicking? If you want to make this a profession, then how about you help your client with their rights? They have no rights unless it can be backed with documents pertaining to the agreement. How about you help craft these documents? This game is all politics with retarded masses and candidates! People here don't know how to negotiate, how to document an agreement, how to keep a record of financial activities, how to review these records intuitively as a shareholder, how to manage their personal finances. Nothing, it is all dictatorship! 

You can't manage an org if politics always get's in the way of things! People here don't even assert themselves, they just support their patron! No wonder I'm soloing this game!

11 minutes ago, Eternal said:

And what are we gonna do with abandoned constructs and territories since many people have quitted this game? Let me see. NQ might introduce an adverse possessor (squatter's rights) mechanics  for these properties to have any use to the public than remain unused. It's a stupid law in real-life ( a very stupid one and one that I suffer as a property owner). Squatters will become a profession in this game. They will occupy someone's property until they now legally own it and they have more claim than the title holder.  Seriously! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession

Alioth will become a piece of dirt like the state of California which has a 7 year adverse possessor law. Here is my question for you: why would you pay a mortgage and why would you pay a rent if you can legally live for free? Thanks to these traditional politicians and their red tape on evicting the squatters, we now live in a world where we can steal people's property, and legally! 

My family is in the business of real estate so I am aware of these bull sh*t. Seriously, you can legally squat and the law encourages it! 

OK :)

Owning the land/property and possessing the land/property are 2 different things according to the law. The trespasser has rights according to the law. If they are not evicted for amount of time, they become the new owner according to the law. This is what will happen to this game, I'm telling you, otherwise what are we gonna do with the abandoned constructs/tiles? 

They do need to address infinitely regressed sub-orgs that have no actual members other than the parent org, but why can’t they just allow a type of org that has no superlegate?

Then allow the org creators to choose initial voting mechanisms and (on creation) rules on what legates can and can’t do without voting. 
even allow temporary, time limited powers to certain legates, for example. 

Make rules like: access to wallet requires at least 3 to agree, or maximum daily wallet use limits etc. 

and also rules for org owned assets: containers that require two or more legates present to open. 

Or cores: deployment of org cores requires another legate to agree, etc. 

build rights need to be agreed by vote etc. 

that way alliances can still form. 

forcing a superlegate is somewhat dystopian.  

after all, players are limited to 5 orgs anyway. 

38 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

access to wallet

Access to wallet should be the elected treasurer of the org. Only they have the power to disburse. They have to be convinced to disburse. And there should be transparency where everyone can see the balance and financial history (record).  Should there be any graft committed by the treasurer, there must be a way to remove him out of power.

38 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

maximum daily wallet use limits

I don't think you should limit it. If the treasurer is a trusted individual (which he should be in the first place), he won't abuse his power. That is the point of the wallet: to keep the funds in the hands of the trusted individual/s. Only they can take out funds from the coffer and give it to a member of organization that requested for it themselves through barter trading. You can't give everyone access to the coffer, it is stupid and unsystematic (unbureaucratic).

Ahahaha
To say that when I blasted the organizational system, I was laughed at because "you know you can do sub-organization to manage your rights"

Ultimately it is well deserved.

Why don't we have a real state system in play?
With laws and voting duties in order to truly control organizations.

Where are the sub-roles other than legate or member?
Why can't we customize the RDMS with votes, rights that can apply to ALL members (even the superlegat)? There need to be more rights and obligations, whether it's for portfolio management or even in-game asset management.

The problem is this neoliberal vision for the creation of a civilization.
The game is plagued by a false political vision.
NO ! You cannot create a civilization with only self-businesses!
This is not how it has worked in history. (the one with a capital H)

We need an organization resembling states that can have inalienable goods (except PVP of course). Able to withstand player rotations.