People with 20 accounts can now makes hundreds of millions per day with missions

Sybily

This absolutely not fair. The advantage they get is absolutely ridiculous. at least before if you have 20 accounts, all you could do is queue more talents. You can't mine on 20 accounts so that never bothered me. But now....  I'm rather ticked off.

if they are willing to do a hideously boring thing 20 times, they are welcome to it... I have more money than I can reasonably spend anyway and earned it all on one account by making ships and things.. (though I have 4 other accounts that just log in to apply their handling skills to industry/ships).

If they have 20 accounts, it means they bought 4 Alpha or Beta accounts to get the 5 extra beta access keys. That's at least $240 they paid towards funding a game that is likely to go titsup at any moment.

moreover, they have to log into each of those accounts at least twice to do the missions... that's anywhere up to 3 minutes per account to log out and back in... twice...

lets call it 3 minutes per relog... 40 times... that's 120 minutes of sheer boredom plus travel time.  If they are willing to "play" that way then they will be the type of people that will tend to get rich anyway...

You're missing the point. This mechanic is pay to win. People with one account don't even have that option to do something that is *boring*. Hell mining is boring but its not possible to make 180 million from mining in the 120 minutes that you calculated. 

Advantage in numbers is something that is impossible to avoid and still have a playable game.

Just replace multi-account with orgs and you have the same problem, with large orgs gaining the advantage by funneling the player resources into projects that others are not able to.

The trick as I see it is to not care so much about what others have or do. There will always be someone with more spare time then you, willing to grind the game out.

4 hours ago, Sybily said:

This absolutely not fair. The advantage they get is absolutely ridiculous. at least before if you have 20 accounts, all you could do is queue more talents. You can't mine on 20 accounts so that never bothered me. But now....  I'm rather ticked off.

You can't .. yet.. as you'd need 20 PCs to do this. That will all change though once the game arrives on Geforce now. Then it will technically be possible to run 20 clients in browser windows using free GFN accounts. So many "glorious" was players will be able to abuse that system to exploit their many alts.. And I so not expect this is no something NQ has yet considered.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

You can't .. yet.. as you'd need 20 PCs to do this. That will all change though once the game arrives on Geforce now. Then it will technically be possible to run 20 clients in browser windows using free GFN accounts. So many "glorious" was players will be able to abuse that system to exploit their many alts.. And I so not expect this is no something NQ has yet considered.

you CAN. people in game chat were bragging about how they made 180mil yesterday from missions. they don't need to all be online at the same time. Maybe that's the problem. If NQ changed it so you fail the mission if you've go offline for say 15 min then maybe this wouldn't be a problem (simply failing the mission on disconnect wouldn't work with all the game crashes right now).

The concept is you just get all your accounts onto the same ship, stack up on missions go to the destination drop them all off job done. if it’s just a small package probably doesn’t have much in the way of weight

42 minutes ago, Sybily said:

the guy in chat said he did it from VR. Either way, it's still OP.

If your main argument is that he has too many accounts, just know beta accounts don't have to pay at the moment

Your entire argument hinges that he has the means for the accounts and you don't. Its the same as if you and your whole org were doing the missions together and 1 person does the hauling.

This is not an exploit just using a bigger brain.

1 hour ago, Snipey said:

If your main argument is that he has too many accounts, just know beta accounts don't have to pay at the moment

Your entire argument hinges that he has the means for the accounts and you don't. Its the same as if you and your whole org were doing the missions together and 1 person does the hauling.

This is not an exploit just using a bigger brain.

I'm saying this is a pay to win mechanic. 

Also you state its the same thing as a whole org doing it, but that would assume that the whole org would voluntarily just give away all the money to 1 person.  

19 minutes ago, Sybily said:

I'm saying this is a pay to win mechanic. 

Also you state its the same thing as a whole org doing it, but that would assume that the whole org would voluntarily just give away all the money to 1 person.  

By that logic every single aspect in the game could be taken advantage of that way. By punishing that one playstyle you are punishing larger orgs who don't see it as abusive. Another way to combat him making that much in one run is to literally camp him and blow him out of the sky so he wastes 2 hours of logging in.

1 minute ago, Snipey said:

By punishing that one playstyle you are punishing larger orgs who don't see it as abusive. 

I fail to see the connection. Please elaborate.

Having multiple people make the same run is not at all the same thing since that would involve 20 people just giving away their money to one person. Instead, we have 1 person with 20 alts taking advantage by just giving all the money to himself.

you say it's pay to win like this, but what do they win? Being rich at a game where  there is literally nothing worth spending it on other than building materials to build things that almost nobody will ever see or care about?

DU is an impressive and beautiful game in it's best moments. But there is absolutely nothing to win no matter what you pay.

If people exploiting loopholes and oversights to get rich is the issue here, fear not, people have been doing that since forever and those that wanted to get stupid level of rich have already done so and secured that wealth for eternity.

I can't think of an MMO where having multiple accounts doesn't generate an advantage of some kind over a player with one account. I can't think of a workable solution as free-to-play (eliminating the pay aspect) will just make things worse.

Just a small precision about multiple accounts: the benefit is not to get multiplied rewards, it "only" allows for multiples missions at the same time. The player still has to carry all the packages, and need the right ship to do so, and expose himself to a more risky life outside of the safe zone.

In the current context where this is the only new mechanic to generate money, this is powerful and is the best advantage one player can have.

Like in other mmorpg, having multiple accounts is often a massive advantage, so we could say it's a form of P2W as the game has too few gameplay loops, and this one beeing the most rewarding (is it?).

But I don't think it is that overpowered, mechanically speaking. In a world where DU is massively played, with a big economy and player made missions are legions, one player should be able to run enough of these missions to fill entirely his hauling ship and make aphelia's missions obsolete (think of EVE Red Frog corp).

Is it really possible to make Aphelia's missions absolete? it all depends of the reward itself and the game economy.

We're not yet in this wonderful world of course...

On 6/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, CptLoRes said:

I would think NQ is more concerned about increasing the number of payed accounts, then anything else right now.

:) Could also shut down abusive accounts/keys. Then at least ppl who exploit would help save the game, as they would have to switch to payed multi accs

Buying that many accounts is surely an edge case -- and I agree with Graxxor that this person is probably super wealthy, regardless. Logging in and out of 20 accounts sounds like a version of purgatory. 

That said, in fairness to the OP, it's more than just multiple accounts giving you an "advantage" -- multiple accounts are scaling profits geometrically without any real increase in effort or risk. 

Simply shoving alts onto your ship to 20x the return of a hauling run does seem problematic. 

But there are wider issues with the economy, anyway. Personally? I think NQ should calm down about exploits ruining their already-screwy economy and focus on finishing their beta first.

Once they get into true beta, they can worry about game balance...what's the point in balancing an economy when the next patch will introduce some new exploit or feature that unbalances things again, anyway? Very little point in worrying too much about balance in a game that is still in alpha (not feature complete) -- until every core feature is in place, it is okay for the balance to be rough. 

On 6/16/2021 at 5:34 AM, Sybily said:

Too be fair I see where you are coming from, it is possible to make a billion quanta with a single ship run so if people start copying the techniques you are going to see a new meta of quanta generating along with crazy inflation. Ore bot sales etc does not even come close to these methods