Hyperion/AC vs Boo at the Star Wars Event

Heartbeat1

Hey everyone,
so the event was a few weeks ago but no one talks about what happend their.

At the moment when at every PVP Battle something wierd happens and an Member from Hyperion taken part of it, everyone says that Hyperion is using Cheats or Glitches.
Yes the two ships which takes part of this Battle uses Stacked Elements and Burried Elements, but both is allowed from NQ at the moment and thats really not the Problem.

After this Battle we dont know what happens, so we decided to do some research. We figured out one really big Problems that game has at the moment.
We have this Information a really long time but i dont know why my Leadership or NQ didnt put an offical Statement on the Forum or so.

So what we figured out:
If your ship gets enough DMG from PVP fights your PC uses much ressources.
In this Fight the most AC members shoot with Railgun which makes good Damage but the Damage per Seconds are low. Both Hyperion ships shot with laser which has after Cannons the highest DPS.
Both Ships got 4 Seats of Laser which means per Ship 24 Lasers. At the moment Hyperion engaged the Boo Ships their getting so much damage in an shot time that their PCs are "Burning".
The pc off the Pilot is the "bottleneck" in this Part, on his PC the Ship gets calculated. But the biggest Issue in PVP fights at the moment where the Damage at the Voxels, at every shot your PC Downloads the "new Voxels" of your ship. The Boo Ship got a really big Part of Gold Voxel which creates microvoxels with every shot/damage so your PC Downloads really much Voxel changes.

We tested it and the Download is the biggest Problem in the actual PVP.
My PC in the Video got:
i7-8700k(overclocked to 5.0Ghz), 32GB Ram, Readon RX 6800XT, Samsung 970Evo M2 and and 1Gbit Internet Connection.

First test
11 Gunner, 50 Missiles, 4 Railguns to a Plate of Gold Voxels
Most shots missed, network spike 40Mbit/s, lowest FPS around 20

Second Test:
8 Gunner, 48 Lasers to a Plate of Gold Voxels
Min of FPS: 2, Network spike to 254Mbit/s

Third Test:
8 Gunner, 48 Lasers to a Plate of Iron Voxels

Min of FPS: 5, Network spike to 159Mbit/s

Fourth Test:
Ethernet Limited to 16MBit/s 

8 Gunner, 48 Lasers to a Plate of Iron Voxels

Min of FPS: 5, it takes around 2 Minutes to load every Voxel Change.

You can watch these Results in the Video:

40 minutes ago, Heartbeat1 said:

Min of FPS: 5, it takes around 2 Minutes to load every Voxel Change.

2 months ago, we fought in PvP. At the very beginning of the battle, I had 60fps, there was 1 target on the radar, and when 6 ships began to shoot at us, my fps dropped to 15. Then we flew to a safe zone, and my damage continued to download, voxels continued to break. Voxels continued to download damage for 2-3 minutes. I have good internet 300 Mbps and good pc specs

unknown-144.png

4 minutes ago, SneakySnake said:

2 months ago, we fought in PvP. At the very beginning of the battle, I had 60fps, there was 1 target on the radar, and when 6 ships began to shoot at us, my fps dropped to 15. Then we flew to a safe zone, and my damage continued to download, voxels continued to break. Voxels continued to download damage for 2-3 minutesю I have good internet 300 Mbps and good pc specs

Yes, we tested it with two ships but nower Days the most of the AC uses Lasers or Cannons and not Railguns anymore so the DPS gets much higher and the damage again Gold is much more.

57 minutes ago, SneakySnake said:

Why doesn't this trailer look like the PvP in Dual Universe?

That could literally be how atmo pvp works or is intended, least that's what I imagine when I think atmo pvp.  That reminds me Starbase's PVP combat, it's very much like that, and it's my favorite part of that game. If DU had it, ooooooofff, take my money.

Just to clarify the issue BOO had was confirmed to be caused by a seperate problem in regards to one of the AC ships being the route cause. Regardless 10/10 post and testing thank you! ? NQ does need to look into damage downloads because this along with a few other known issues causes a lot of trouble in larger fleet fights.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:32 AM, Heartbeat1 said:

So what we figured out:

Firstly, you guys are fantastic. This is a beta and you are treating it that way. You found a problem, you worked out how to make it repeatable, and you even determined what you believe is making it worst.

I think PvP has a long way to go, and NQ has said they are working on it, but making ng the current experience better while they work on a long term PvP overhaul would definitely help.

As for your research, I really really hope you are right; because if you are then a solution is already in the development chain.

Shields!

Now if we had shields, rather than having to calculate, and then transmit so much data, it would just be a matter of calculating how much damage the shield is receiving and transferring that.

Once your shields are down, you would be back to lag and issues, but when your shields are down there should be computer faults, flames everywhere, handling and response out the window.

How could they really push this to take the most advantage of shields?

- make sure shields are as good, or slightly better than most honeycomb per kilogram of hit points  

- make sure shields are the same or cheaper than most honeycomb per hit point. 

If this can can be done then hopefully ship designers will put more weight towards shields than voxels when designing ships. Use the voxels to make good looking ships, but use the shields to add the armour, rather than layer after layer of honeycomb. 

Solution?

4 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

If this can can be done then hopefully ship designers will put more weight towards shields than voxels when designing ships. Use the voxels to make good looking ships, but use the shields to add the armour, rather than layer after layer of honeycomb. 

Solution?

I agree. Shields would solve a lot of problems, potentially. 

At this point, NQ should be looking for ways to simplify the technical requirements of the game across-the-board.

I think shields are a great way to do this -- it could vastly reduce or even eliminate the need to do these intensely expensive (computationally) voxel damage effects. These effects are "neat" but...a lot of trouble relative to the payoff.

I also love the idea of using shields to help equalize the more aesthetically-driven ships -- forcing people to pick aesthetics or combat is a bad idea from a design/demographic perspective. 

I also think they need fewer gunners. Gunners don't really do much, but add a lot to the network load. When each ship has 5-8 players, that's a lot of extra work the server has to do for a battle with relatively few ships.

I get the allure of having a crew on your ship, but there's clearly some issues with performance and the easiest way to solve that is to involve less people.

14 hours ago, SpiceRub said:

Lol

The results here are no way close to what we experienced, nice touch speeding up the video to make it seem a little laggier. 

:D

Every scene in this Video is with normal speed and wiht low FPS your Ships isnt really moving that fast like it should.
So this is more or less the Problem you guys had.

but if you didnt think so, what do you mean causes your problems?

15 hours ago, Heartbeat1 said:

Every scene in this Video is with normal speed and wiht low FPS your Ships isnt really moving that fast like it should.
So this is more or less the Problem you guys had.

but if you didnt think so, what do you mean causes your problems?

It’s down up to NQ to go in to specific’s but the base of it is one of the AC ships caused our clients to go into endless loops to the point that even one of our gunners who was running a work rig with 64 Xeon, 256 gb ram got maxed out on cpu and ram and client was still asking for more while locking up the computer / screen.

As I said, Thank you for the testing work put in because it does highlight a damage download issue, but it’s not the only issue that needs attention so don’t make assumptions.