Engaging with the community, not just a DU issue

CoyoteNZ

A lot of us feel things would be a lot better if there was more engaging the community from NQ. Often SB is pointed to as a comparison. 

I hope NQ listen to these requests and take heed.

But fare not, it’s not just just who are in the dark, the guys over at ED are getting a hammering recently as well with the terrible release of a DLC what didn’t even do what the community actually wanted.

ObsidianAnt  recently released a video of ED about how community communication and engagement could be improved for Elite. I feel a lot of this would cross straight over for NQ and the DU community. 

I'm not sure how SB super-good comms will survive influx of people. So comparisons not exactly fair.

Right now, gap is extreamly wide. In SB you can relativly often talk with devs, sometimes even studio head, asking questions/details/concept behind desicions on level that cannot be even dreamt here. 

From NQ you can mostly expect (somewhat unstable) CM attention only, who has actualy opposite mission of not saying anything to you ("we not ready to talk about it yet"), make cover, while actual devs/leadership remain almost invisible, unreachable, even anonymous. It always felt bad, arrogant, anti-player and... not honest (considering honey worded KS promises over "transperancy").

Granted, Deckard activities produced little bit of change on this front lately (I respect him for attempt against all odds), but still -- speaking honestly, too little, too late. There is HUGE negative inertia around, immense work/a lot of time needed to turn it around and return peoples trust.

As start, we can at last know who is now creative director of game and he/she can actualy talk with us, tell what is going on and planned. 

5 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Granted, Deckard activities produced little bit of change on this front lately (I respect him for attempt against all odds),

What did I miss? Something on this newfangled discord thing these pesky youngsters are talking about?

1 minute ago, CptLoRes said:

What did I miss? Something on this newfangled discord thing these pesky youngsters are talking about?

Yeah, mostly.

Deckard tried to engage on several occasions in little quasi AMA in Discord, relativly in depth (not seen for long time in DU).