Looking for a window cleaning service

CptLoRes

Yea...

Aquarium glass... 

I stopped using those glass panels because of that. 

If there was a texture tool (like Empyrion) maybe we can choose some glass basic setting. 

But as things currently are, i see NQ giving priority to this in 2026.

21 hours ago, FuriousPuppy said:

can you bring them some work ethic too? or is taking crowd funding money for pets and other things and not following through a normal thing for them?

Maybe they can make a road map and try to follow it for once?

Pets come at release as per the Kickstarter, and our road map delays have been explained in recent blogs. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations, but we're being as clear about that as we can be. 

1 minute ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Pets come at release as per the Kickstarter, and our road map delays have been explained in recent blogs. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations, but we're being as clear about that as we can be. 

Not many ppl will praise you for the truth..

Buy hey, for what is worth you have my tnx.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:01 AM, FuriousPuppy said:

can you bring them some work ethic too? or is taking crowd funding money for pets and other things and not following through a normal thing for them?

Maybe they can make a road map and try to follow it for once?

I love how people think Kickstarter is a promise to get something. It's not. It has never been that. 

NQ has zero obligation to follow-through on any KS goals and Kickstarter makes it very clear that they are not a store. 

If that's not something you like, don't back things on KS ?‍♂️ I know it's very frustrating...but crowdfunding is not a promise, it's a donation or a gamble at best. By now I think most studios have learned that trying to keep KS backers happy can dangerously inflate scope...and for what? They already spent your money. 

I'll be the first to say that NQ's dev velocity is colossally slow -- they've delayed the mission system twice and that's the only significant game feature of 2021 so far. 

They aren't that interested in explaining what they are working on or why it takes so long -- they actually think this dev pace is normal and people just don't understand how hard it is. It's like they forget how many games we play, how many of us are developers, or the standards set by the industry at large (including plenty of much smaller studios). 

So yeah, NQ is uber slow...but chill on the KS obligations because they aren't real obligations and never were. 

Of course there are obligations for Kickstarter projects.

Kickstarter will often muddy the water to try and minimize user backlash. But if you look closer there are clear obligations set that campaign owners must deliver on.

From the KS terms-of-service:

Kickstarter provides a funding platform for creative projects. When a creator posts a project on Kickstarter, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract.

Kickstarter is not a part of this contract—the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

And in the KS campaign accountability sections it says:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward to the best of their abilities. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised, honestly address backers’ concerns, and deliver rewards. 

One of our biggest expectations for creators is that they regularly update backers on their project’s progress and notify them of any delays or roadblocks that may impact their estimated delivery time. We expect creators to be open and honest with their backers during all stages of their project’s life cycle.

At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project on Kickstarter, you’re helping create something new — not pre-ordering something that already exists. As Kickstarter does not offer refunds, we encourage backers to investigate the project idea first, to vet the creator thoroughly, and to assess the inherent risk of the project for themselves before making a pledge. 

So while the nature of KS projects makes it so that delivery times and scope is likely to change, it does not mean there aren't any obligations.

And while probably not the case with NQ, if and when a campaign chooses to ignore the promises made without just cause it may become a legal matter.

https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-city-life/2015/10/washington-state-sued-a-failed-kickstarter-project-and-won

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/6/18534423/ibackpack-ftc-lawsuit-complaint-indiegogo-kickstarter

It’s annoying, but what do is when I damage my ship, which invariably happens at some point, I just repair the windows using T1 until they are at about 75% health. 

Between 52 and 98% health (assuming 50 HP) then they go completely transparent. 

less than 50% health and the glass starts to spark and smoke for some absolutely arred reason. 

DU: Perhaps the only game in the world where you have to damage the glass to get it to go clear.

par for the DU course, if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

less than 50% health and the glass starts to spark and smoke for some absolutely arred reason. 

It fumes with anger!!

:D

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

It is unclear why this is so.  (drumroll)

You mean the cause is not immediately apparent due to lack of communication transparency?  (double drumroll)

:D