still missing sized elements from the game

Jinxed

Am I the only one who want an XS Space fuel tank? I'm fed up of having to cart a massive barrel of lard around with me just to use Vertical Thrusters.

Also, while you're at it, could I have some super cool XS hover pads... Maybe half the size and power of the current ones (say 2 x 2 voxels or something)  so we can put one front and back or on each corner of a transport and not have it look like a meth cooking-spoon?

This would be great for some truly minimal, and maybe even speedy, personal transport!

XS size components

— XS Size space fuel tank

— XS Size hover engines

— XS Brakes

— XS Space Fuel Tanks

— XS Rocket Boosters

— XS Space Brakes

— XS Control seat for motorbike like constructs

M Size

— full sized M wings for M construct. 

L size components

— L Ailerons and Compact Ailerons

— L Wings

— L Stabilisers

— Full sized wings for L construct.

MOAR XL size components

— XL Atmospheric Engines

— XL Hover Engines

— XL Vertical Boosters

— XL Wings ailerons and stabilisers. etc.

— XL Cores? YES PLEASE.

In industry we need large, and xl or even small, if your not a crazy industry player. The small machines could work without needing schematics which would be great for new players.

Large or extra large transfer units should have 5x the bandwidth for each size up, and 2 more links per machine.

A large refinery, metalworker, or other industry machine could follow these features as well which should help with the element lag.

Also...

The xs space tank would be great if they allowed those ships to be compactable since only atmo ships can be compactable.

Since they are now testing docking, they should add xs space tanks for shuttles and small flyers.

Also have sliding door M on its side (default now its 12 voxels wide and 24 voxels up, and make a new 24 voxel wide and 12 voxel up door)

And have an xs sliding door 4x8 or 3x6 voxels

And have sizes of the elements in their info!!

Actually, this was a post I made back in the alpha days, but due to the ponderous and persistent  NDA, I am unable to link to.
Ironic to think the NDA may well outlast this game.

Honestly I wish NQ would have planned the sizes better in terms of modularity from some things like the XS fuel tanks or even other versions of things that come in N or nano sizes smaller that XS or G class giant sizes that are bigger than XL or even T class things or Titan class which you can strap things like a single atmo/space engine to a ship instead of 50+ atmo engines or 5+ XL space engines to something. But seeing as instead of using the same exact style and look just bigger they had to make it harder on themselves for no apparent reason. Sure it would have been nice to have like 3 styles of circle, rectangle, and square parts that look the same just double the size and power with the grades making them even more powerful. It just seems unnecessary to need so many engines or wings for no real purpose. Seeing as we are still missing a ton of scale parts for many things im not sure that NQ is even still making parts at this point.

I think this is a definite must - it is just silly that we don't have a fully suite of parts that have scaled up. Just scale up the graphics even in the short term rather than going for something fancy.

I would also (honestly) say you either need hybrid engines (atmosphere/space) or more clearly delineate atmospheric/space craft by making the rocket engine the only thing that can get you from earth to space permanently and then use space stations as launching pads from there. Part of the problem is trying to be everything to everybody - not going to work.

We use a space station but the problem is the need for elevators, teleporters, container ranges, and the overall tedium of getting things up from the ground to a station that is yet another issue entirely. Efficiency of doing so is a huge chore based on NQs idea that everything needs to be some kind of painstakingly long drawn out process for no other reason but to keep you bored as it it makes it looks like you are actually playing the game somehow.

Considering that even transfer hubs need larger scales as well is another issue imo.

Or the fact that you cant even transfer materials between cores even if they are all within your tiles. Seeing as the tile size from the core to the edge of space gets exponentally bigger or that you can build an elevator and it can drop down into other tiles before it touches the ground it should be possible to have transfer units move things around from a dynamic core ship automatically when in range to a static core structure then keep transferring it to wherever you need it to go without the need of making massive elevators to do the same thing adding scripts, lag, etc or just teleporting it there with a vehicle somehow.

Seeing as you need multiple teleport pads to even get across a single core let alone anywhere in your own tiles is pretty stupid too and scaling teleport pads is yet another thing that should be added for size or grade to increase the range or size of dynamic cores you could move since they said we would get a star gate at some point which now seems unlikely.

4 hours ago, Warlander said:

Or the fact that you cant even transfer materials between cores even if they are all within your tiles

Sadly I can’t see that ever changing. Since cores/factories run client side, not server side it would be two much over head. If you load a core it has to all be downloaded, but if that core sends or receives material from another core, that core has to be loaded as well. 

So in a large interconnected industrial city all of a sudden loading one core would require downloading every other connected core.

11 hours ago, Warlander said:

Seeing as the tile size from the core to the edge of space gets exponentally bigger or that you can build an elevator and it can drop down into other tiles before it touches the ground

Say what now?
It will only drop onto the same tile it was built on.  It would have to “fly” transversely to touch different tiles just like any craft.