Has productivity increased now that JC has stepped down?

Shaman

7 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

So NQ desicion was horribly wrong. All this "civilization building" BS story dissipated in air and majority of people discovered there is nothing to actualy do.

Have been saying this since September in my Beta Review right after the Beta started .... "Players" cannot create engaging "content", because they cannot create Story, Mystery, Exploration, something to keep you curious and wanting to actually go look for.

I suspect PvE will eventually come, as it is probably needed to keep casual players in a MMO.

Even full on PvP players need a way to learn. Right now you can win by being the team with the biggest budget. More voxels and more ammo.

PvE would be good for PvP as players can train up against ships they actually have a chance against, while slowly building up the talents, skill, and budget needed to go full PvP.

Currently the main chance of getting PvP is if you join an org. Yes this is a MMO, but a lot of MMOs have a large solo base who does to join an org. Have to cater for them, and current PvP model isn’t.

Will DU survive long enough? Well I fell progress, or at least communication has improved since JC moved. But they have a long way to go with a shrinking user base.

They won’t get enough to keep developing by subs alone. May not even have enough to cover the server rental with subs alone.

If they get a reinvestment of funds they will probably have the time to work through the issues, if not then they are doomed.

What they really need is to get outside funds. Admit this is an Alpha still, return to that status. Stop charging people, because when you are charged, you expect faster results than development can currently handle.

Probably best to go closed alpha, reopen the kickstarter, so then the only people playing actually realise it is still an a,pha, and not actually a release game .

just my 10c worth.