Mission System Release

WarrenOne

This is a post to hopefully get the attention of NQ staff:

You promised better communication and we’re still waiting. Most of us still with the game understand that it is a difficult task to predict timing on a developing situation. The issue at this point is a complete lack of even a guess. It’s okay to give us a date and be wrong about it. No one has been walking away from the game because of a “wrong time estimate.” People are leaving the game because we’re being left hanging. We see the great features coming such as the mission system, new Lua screen tech, and long awaited docking changes. They’re exciting. The problem is we have no idea if we’ll ever see any of it at this point. The constant answers of “we’re not 100% sure” isn’t good enough and is the wrong approach. It’s fine if there are currently issues with the features you’re working on. However, you need to inform us what you’re looking at. 

Main Point:

Give us an estimate. We know it might end up wrong. Fine. That’s the life of game developing. Tell us a range of when we can look to new features such as “within the next few weeks,” “in about a month,” “maybe in 3-4 months.” Again, if you end up needing more time, that’s fine. Just TELL US how much you need. We can’t help you keep the game alive if you don’t give us estimates to work with. 

At some point in a relationship you sometimes have to recognize when it is becoming toxic due to the inactivity or inability to communicate from one or both parties.  Once you are sure that a relationship has passed a certain point then usually there is only one outcome that is logical, and a lot of people here have already passed that threshold weeks ago.  More are getting to that point.  Daily it seems. 

It hurts the most when you know the relationship could be salvaged or at least extended just a bit with better communication or a tiny bit of effort.  Then your heart breaks when you never hear a word or see any of that effort put in and you may never know the whole story of why.  

I don't really get how any professional studio could fail to release a major planned feature, call it "phase 1" then go completely silent as to when "phase 2" will drop, even 2 months later. 

It's no longer fair to call it 0.24 "phase 2"...it's just the next update. 

So far this year, they've changed the jetpack, installed purchased textures, and added org wallets.

I think I need a new job where I don't have to spend my Sunday fixing bugs or working so much and can just do like 2-3 tiny things in 5-6 months and call it day. 

2 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

So far this year, they've changed the jetpack, installed purchased textures, and added org wallets.

And don't forget the trees from SpeedTree! It is very important! Because otherwise someone might get picky and think you really want to keep the small list small. 

du is way past beyond savable, it is clear these people are not competent enough to pull off what they set out to do,...  

what thier end game is? my guess they either milking some sort of local or government grant , subsidy covid cashcow as long as they can or trying to pimp themselves out to the big boys in montreal , but those aint dumb enough to touch nq with a stick... either way they keepin the lights on for something but it sure as fk its not development ... ?

On 5/14/2021 at 10:33 PM, Revelcro said:

At some point in a relationship you sometimes have to recognize when it is becoming toxic due to the inactivity or inability to communicate from one or both parties.  Once you are sure that a relationship has passed a certain point then usually there is only one outcome that is logical, and a lot of people here have already passed that threshold weeks ago.  More are getting to that point.  Daily it seems. 

It hurts the most when you know the relationship could be salvaged or at least extended just a bit with better communication or a tiny bit of effort.  Then your heart breaks when you never hear a word or see any of that effort put in and you may never know the whole story of why.  

I dunno, to me its more of situation akin to such as when you break up with your crazy girlfriend and realize the next day,

that you left behind your favourite Phillies t-shirt you have had since highschool and she's been using it as PJ for the last 2 months and you really

wish you could find a way to get it back without a scene ?

1 hour ago, Bazzy_505 said:

I dunno, to me its more of situation akin to such as when you break up with your crazy girlfriend and realize the next day,

that you left behind your favourite Phillies t-shirt you have had since highschool and she's been using it as PJ for the last 2 months and you really

wish you could find a way to get it back without a scene ?

Ah yes. Donna.  But it was a leather jacket and a Jimmie Hendrix t-shirt.

Sometimes you just gotta gnaw your arm off to get away man.  Not a joke, just wisdom.

11 minutes ago, XKentX said:

I'm kinda feel sorry for the devs as it's most likely not their fault but management fault.

I mean, you don't want to put DU in your resume but what you put in that year...

I can only agree with this. I scold DU, but I don't want to be in NQ's shoes either. I hope for their sake that they find a solution.

The customer will decide in the end if the product is worth spending money on.

Devs always preach better communication to buy time then do the opposite. There are few teams that practice what they preach.

The mission system is a waste of time, money, and resources vs what this game really needs at this point. Since NQ does not seem to like money or want to make more and rather seems to enjoy the dwindling 1k player population it has left without adding meaningful content vs DOA systems like the mission system for example vs creating more servers to simulate other solar systems you can go to since apparently a single universe let alone 2 is beyond their capability. There is so much going wrong I dont think this team has a chance of turning this around before the lights go out.

Dont expect anything until it drops. Roadmaps and timeframes are only a best case scenerio at best. Getting mad or bothered about it when they have been saying for years now they have no budget to work with you really only have yourself to blame with expectations they cant meet. Since JC has run this project into the ground there is a lot of damage to be undone and or system redesigns that need to be fixed before it is fit for general consumption.