Anti radar / Radar Jammer

ArmedBOB

While we wait for shields in game as NQ suggests is in the works, I think it would be very valuable to have an element to produce a radar jamming aspect to your ship. Element size based on core size or element count. Kind of like a IR masking. 

I think while pvp exploits are in the rise, this should help people avoid contact with pvp situations at least until a shield makes it into the game. 

I for one am sick if lose ships to exploits and nothing you can do about it expect pay a fortune for warp cells. 

If a radar jammer is to over powered to make you completely invisible to radars, at least make it so it reduces the range in which you can be detected. Therefore making it so someone would have to be much closer to detect you.

Before putting dev time into something to avoid exploits, maybe put dev time into, removing the exploits instead.

Heres a easy one, if warp is active, radar doesn’t work!

They say there is a complete PvP overhaul coming, so let’s not add two many more quick fixes before then, as we know how they usually end up. 

as it has been discussed a few times before, DU's combat would have greatly benefitted from more defensive and ewar systems.  But from the gameplay perspective  radar jammer as you have described, would have removed interaction from the game rather than add to it. And for an online game, it would have been quite a fair bit contraproductive.

having said that,  i can imagine few radar jamming implementations could be interesting. For instance, pulsing jammer that would not make the the opponent blind to your presence but within either increase lock time, when taget isn't locked yet or had % chance to break lock each jammer cycle  when already target locked.  To conterballance it,  jammer could have been limited to application on target locked opponent, rather than having passive aoe effect. And finally there would be energy requirements to consider to make its use situational.