*neglected DU Wiki noises*

Shaman

I'm gonna be honest, the wiki is looking quite sad right now. Basically everything there was written before alpha access, and you can really tell since everything is all just speculation, even for features already in the game.

I wouldn't even be that surprised if less than 25% of the playerbase even KNOWS that there is a wiki.

I myself have been updating it, but there still is a lot there that needs doing. It's a real shame, since if it was accurate it would be way easier to find out questions about the game without asking for the millionth time on the official discord. For example: did you know that shooting too close to another ship can deal self damage? I bet you didn't! But there isn't really a good place to store all of that info anyway, because the wiki is so outdated and nobody is using it anyway.

so, if you see this and have some spare time, please ,update the wiki! taking 10 minutes out of your time to update a page can be a massive help to the community!

The wiki was launched at the pre-alpha stage of DU. We were a few trying to find some information in NQ's official communications. to edit this wiki. But due to the NDA on the game, nothing more was added to the wiki and too many things were not precise enough, so we progressively abandoned it.

It could deserve an update, even if several other sources are now available

7 minutes ago, John said:

The wiki was launched at the pre-alpha stage of DU. We were a few trying to find some information in NQ's official communications. to edit this wiki. But due to the NDA on the game, nothing more was added to the wiki and too many things were not precise enough, so we progressively abandoned it.

It could deserve an update, even if several other sources are now available

Well, that definitely explains why everything on the website is speculation. Hopefully now that the NDA is down we can get it back up and running again. It definitely needs more publicity, that's for sure.

Yes, the NDA has destroyed quite a lot of effort in the community.

I translated the English Starbase Wiki into another language last year. But they didn't have an NDA accordingly, despite the closed alpha.

I don't see a reason why I should start for DU today, after all these years of handling it this way with the NDA.

Game wikis are definitely important imo. Personally when I first start out playing any games I'll often visit the wiki to get information about anything. I still do it till this day, for example in minecraft I'll visit the wiki if I forgot a crafting recipe of an item. Or in an RPG game I'll visit the wiki to find out what monsters spawn in which area and what they drop when I kill them and what I can use the drops for etc. So yeah, would be great if the wiki gets updated.