Interactivity

One of the most important things about a sandbox game - or just about any game, really, is interactivity. To be able to influence the game environment through your actions, and in turn, the ability of the environment to have an effect on you...that is one of the most engaging aspects of games.

Do you feel Dual Universe is a very interactive game, currently?

What can be done to increase the amount of interactivity in this game?

I think Dual Universe is quite interactive, although the degree to which it is can still be improved. While you are able to change your environment in a variety of ways through the build mode, I still think there could be thing to improve the level of interactivity in the game.

Take for example, the presence of water. While some objects are able to react to water, not everything does. The avatar is unable to do things like swim or float in the water, for instance. But this is just one example.

22 hours ago, aliensalmon said:

To be able to influence the game environment through your actions,

You can mine the environment.

22 hours ago, aliensalmon said:

and in turn, the ability of the environment to have an effect on you...

In return, the environment can bore you.

Interactivity confirmed.

we still don't have IN GAME VOICE CHAT....in a social game! REALLY??? Discord is the worst service on the planet. Skype is better. And these people have not even begun creating an in game voice chat....IN A SOCIAL GAME! What does that tell ya. 

19 hours ago, FrigoPorco said:

we still don't have IN GAME VOICE CHAT....in a social game! REALLY??? Discord is the worst service on the planet. Skype is better. And these people have not even begun creating an in game voice chat....IN A SOCIAL GAME! What does that tell ya. 

Discord is great.. wdym?

13 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Why is discord the worst? I used to use teamspeak.  

Requires a complex action for every new interaction. 

Quite different from simply walking to some guy, pressing V and saying "hi" 

21 hours ago, FrigoPorco said:

With the various voice chats already on the market, the team decided to focus on our game first before tools that can be used by third party things (like Discord/Guilded/WhatsApp/TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/etc )  

2 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

With the various voice chats already on the market, the team decided to focus on our game first before tools that can be used by third party things (like Discord/Guilded/WhatsApp/TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/etc )  

I'm not quite sure what this means. Adding proximity VoIP in the current implementation of the game would be next to a a drop in addition of existing 3rd party tools like Vivox which would currently be free for NQ to implement as it comes at no cost up to 5000 concurrent logins which I am certain DU is well below at this time.  The separators for this would already be in place through chat which is local or construct based and could be a (closed) private chat group.

The benefits to the game of having proximity VoIP (as an option for those wanting to use it) have been discussed here many times over the past years but until now NQ has not ever said anything or engaged in a productive way with the community on this. The arguments used by NQ here are really not valid at all as they miss the point entirely and show a lack of basic understanding of the subject matter or how this would actually benefit the game and potentially add revenue by attracting new players and specifically the vast and mature RP community.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:54 PM, Maxim Kammerer said:

You can mine the environment.

In return, the environment can bore you.

Interactivity confirmed.

I second this motion.

2 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

ok, but if the players are left to their own means, this will be disorganized and messy. People will form small groups in their chat servers and that's it. If....the game had an in game chat system, it would organize players and help new players get the in game help they need from ALL the other players. When we were using the DU Discord, we had new players that were playing and fumbling for months before they FOUND the DU Discord. If this system was in game, as part of the game, they would have nothing to go 'find' One of the things that made Landmark fun and easy to use was their 'in chat' system with proximity chat. This encouraged people to have in game parties, get togethers (especially in these pandemic times, we need more socialization) and this even spawned in game talk shows and music videos. This could all be done here in DU and it would make the game a lot more fun.