DU Needs IN GAME CHAT!

13 minutes ago, FrigoPorco said:

Every game has their own chat platform, the more SOCIAL the game, the better the platform. DU has Discord? WHAT? Can you do better? 

YES THANK YOU. SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT. I CAN NEVER TELL WHEN I GET A MESSAGE. WHERE IS THE DING AND FLASHING NOTIFICATION.

Chat in DU is an afterthought. For the game to work IMO what will be needed:

• Ability to hail/ping and chat with another character, group OR CONSTRUCT
  • Sending messages (mail) as character or org to a character, org or construct (with RDMS to allow reading/writing mail from/as construct)
  • Proximity VoIP based on location, org (both optional),  group or construct (not optional)
  • would be great if construct chat/VoIP can be nested (command/engineering/repair/weapons etc..)

Yea, directional voice chat is quite important for any kind of roleplay. 

But also important for socialization in general. 

This is usually done with a 3rd party lib that is fed up with player coordinates. 

But i wander what would happen if 10k players got together in the same place and screamed. Hopefully it would reduce sound rendering distance automatically. 

Some kind of construct wide announcement systen would also be cool. 

And yea, with a opt out switch in options... 

20 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But i wander what would happen if 10k players got together in the same place and screamed.

I said this before and I will say it again: why don't we go with something that is already proven to work? How about a local in-game chat via keyboard? You people want a flight-stick, it doesn't f*cking work! How about the mechanical push-and-pull? It's mechanical, where is the brain people? Everybody has a keyboard, it is more redundant! Keyboard man! Instead of shoes or sandals to help you walk, you people are proposing rollerblades to be the trend. How about we go with something that is a keyboard which is the most redundant thing? What is wrong with you people?

41 minutes ago, Eternal said:

What is wrong with you people?

We eat chocolate with a fork... 

If you only experienced voice chat in crap games like LOL... Sure typing words in a chat its probably better. 

But have you ever tried any roleplay gamemod? Like saint Andrea's life? Or altis life? 

That is a game changer. 

SO...we need in game chat with proximity! Do they want this to be a social game? Avatars would also be nice...but really, proximity chat, ship to ship chat...is what makes sci fi games. Make it crackle a bit for ship to ship! These are the things that would immerse players in game much more.