joaocordeiro

I love the defensive "Despite our recent efforts to expand and clear out Market 6" which really should be "Despite the feedback we received on our idea to expand Market 6 to spread out the clutter, we went ahead with our plans as we thought we knew best. turns out, what do we know really"..

But yeah.. for the first time NQ seems to actually have taken some of the feedback to heart and while they still try and be as evasive towards actually putting the game's performance and active player base first against the passive and departed players, this is a good first attempt to actually try and find a solution. It's far from perfect and will be very easily worked around by anyone who wants to put in the slightest of effort but it's far better than creating more space thinking it will help while it should be obvious more space will only turn into more clutter. 

IMO 30 days is too long and invites too easy a work around if you only have to go around your constructs one a month to prevent them from being hidden, I'd say a week is more reasonable where I'd actually be good with 48hours. I hope that for NQ this is mostly a data collection exercise and they will iterate this quickly and often to get to a good compromise for all involved. 

If only this is the start for NQ actually switching from trying to not upset anyone to doing what is best for the game I'd be happy with the change

We'll see

The timeframe isn't fixed and can be easily adjusted later on, its a acceptable temporary solution compared to landing pads. Hopefully it will be replaced by something that works better with concept persistence and maybe naturally adds some content. 30 days is pretty generous but its a good compromise as a first measure to get people used to the idea of not leaving their constructs everywhere or taking some responsibility in a living world.

It's interesting to see how NQ is clearly not doing what they said they would which is unfortunate but not entirely unexpected. They are not applying these new actions/rules across any constructs, constructs from players who left months ago but "look pretty" are allowed to stay visible, taking up space on markets and even attracting scam constructs.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

It's interesting to see how NQ is clearly not doing what they said they would which is unfortunate but not entirely unexpected

Without knowing why, i would abstain from negative comments. 

Its clear they wanted to. Somethimg happened. 

Maybe the just passing near a construct resets the 30 day criteria. 

Maybe they executed the script and every construct in DU got deleted and they had to rollback. 

Lets hope they find a way to fix it. 

28 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Without knowing why, i would abstain from negative comments. 

Its clear they wanted to. Somethimg happened. 

Maybe the just passing near a construct resets the 30 day criteria. 

Maybe they executed the script and every construct in DU got deleted and they had to rollback. 

Lets hope they find a way to fix it. 

Could it be that constructions with a detection zone get 'touched' by anyone who walks past and are therefore not deleted automatically as idle constructs?

24 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Could it be that constructions with a detection zone get 'touched' by anyone who walks past and are therefore not deleted automatically as idle constructs?

Well, we have seen NQ doing this kind of miscalculation in the past. 

49 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Are the "birdcages" gone?

38 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Lol, what are the chances that they filtered "used in the last 30 days" with "had their core rendered by any player" ?

Tragically that would result in valid constructs completely obstructed by a cage disappearing, while the offending cage who are visible to players (renders) remains.

But it can't be so. Not removing constructs who have been seen by players would not make ANY sense, since the act of being seen by players is a major part of the problem causing unwanted lag.

28 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Not removing constructs who have been seen by players would not make ANY sense

But its a mistake that a, somewhat new, programmer, without a good overview of the entire project, could make. 

• Constructs may not be larger than "Small" sized

Just consistently enforcing this single rule on advertising constructs, would have made a big difference.

But the only consistent thing about NQ, is their inability to be consistent at anything.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naerais said:

We removed a lot of constructs for a variety of violations ;)

If you see constructs that violate the Code of Conduct, please be sure to report them.

Let me just say that, unfortunately, you did and astoundingly bad job of cleaning up.

How about you actually get rid of all this rubbish? Especially the piles of containers - those shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Markets in a 10km radius.

Look at the vomit-inducing pile here which also kills the framerate:

py4Mwz9.png

If I land below the market (which I have to if I don't want to crash into all sorts of rubbish parked there) I swear sometimes I have to search for minutes to find the bloody ramp that goes up to the market!

Together with ALL advertisement tosh which is just sitting there. Just look at this - you have a bloody 10 metre Ad Panel ON THE TOP of your MARKET:

MPVKIE0.png

And what on earth is this? It's supposed to be "fancy"? But not only it does kill my framerate, I swear to God it also burns my retina with all that glittering:

uww3oRw.png

And ANY AND ALL ships and "dynamic constructs" which are sitting there for months now causing lag and killing the server --- they should only be allowed to "park" for max. 30 minutes then they must be removed.

Edited by sHuRuLuNi
because I can

48 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Together with ALL advertisement tosh which is just sitting there. Just look at this - you have a bloody 10 metre Ad Panel ON THE TOP of your MARKET:

MPVKIE0.png

They don't seem to have taken my feedback on board when I wrote this on 11 March. This is exactly what I asked for at the time, that players should not be allowed to build on the houses.

14 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

If you see constructs that violate the Code of Conduct, please be sure to report them.

I did, was told you look into it. That more than a month ago. The constructs are still there after your clean up. Ticket number #47109