How many cores do you start with and does org cores count?

Xsarec

If you have level 4 skill in core upgrade, do you have a total of 10 cores you can place? I am thinking we started with 2 but nothing I see tells you. Also if you put a core in your org name does that still count against you?

Yes  2 cores already exist from start . Org cores dont count towards you , only per org.

Max org cores 275 (per org) You can have up to 5 orgs that can deploy org cores.

Max personal cores 17

Habitant

Habitants Organization

Also worth noting that orgs will require one of their members(legate?) to have org core skills to have that ammount of cores. 

But those members can be part of multiple orgs and "give" their bonus to all orgs they are part of. 

So an org can increase their core count by creating sub orgs. 

5 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Making 5 * 2 + 5 * 1 = 15 personal cores. 

Tested ! LVL 4 can deploy 10 personal cores !So you have 2 free cores at start . So it is max personal cores = 17.

5 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

So an org can increase their core count by creating sub orgs.

Well not infinite ... Sub orgs cannot deploy org cores unless someone is legate in that org with the skills. If you already have 5 main orgs SOLO then you cant be in that sub orgs as legate and you cant place cores for that sub orgs. So maximum org cores a player can have SOLO is 5x275=1375 cores.

Habitant

Habitants Organization

2 hours ago, Habitant said:

Well not infinite

Im sure NQ database has some kind of limit, as all digital systems have. 

But an org can keep accepting new members and ask them to create new sub orgs. 

So, as long as orgs can be created and org owners can set RDMS rights on the main org, its practically "infinite" 

A question i have is what happens if the legate giving his org talent bonus leaves the org. 

Lets say that an org has only 1 legate giving it the talent of "275" cores. 

And that org in fact takes ownership of 275 ships. 

What happens of that legate leaves the org? 

A - Nothing. The org will not be able to get more cores but the cores remain and the ex-legate is now free to promote another org. 

This is bad.... Means the legate can just keep joining and then, when the cap is full he can just leave. 

B - The legate can join another org, but bonus will not be added.

Would be a better option, but still cause issues with canceled subscriptions. As in theory, ppl could create phantom subscriptions just to create orgs for more cores and then cancel the subscription without any consequence. 

C - Extra cores are abandoned(maybe with a warning to all legates and a timer). 

Not a bad solution, but we would see some drama and betrayal, with this mechanism, in the future. 

D - Legate is prevented from leaving the org until another with a compensating talent is present. 

Good technical solution. But could lead to some situations where players cannot leave a relationship that went bad... 

E - Instead of a fix talent ammount on a org and a fix ammount of orgs, org core talents should give the legate a fix number of org cores that he can freely divide has he pleases by his orgs.

Then, if he leave a org, the points are still set for that org and can only be removed (one by one) if cores are removed from the org. 

This is the way i would implement if i was deciding this. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

and org owners can set RDMS rights on the main org, its practically "infinite" 

Yeah that way with RDMS rights its kind of infinite ...

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Lol havent check that yet . I assume he gets a warning for cores before exit or cores gets abandoned or core ownership jumps to next legate  ...dunno

Habitant

Habitants Organization

4 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

A - Nothing. The org will not be able to get more cores but the cores remain and the ex-legate is now free to promote another org.

That's what happed to my personal cores when the talents got lost with the last talent reset. It seems the limit is checked when you try to place a core. I expect the same logic for org cores (not tested).

If thats the case, a org can have a near infinit number of cores with 1 single legate with core talents. 

1 create sub org (any player can do it) 

2 give RDMS rights to main org

3 add legate with core talents with it. 

4 fill sub org with cores

5 legate quits sub org

6 go back to step 1.

Even more, in theory only 1 player in the entire DU is needed to give the bonus to all orgs. 

Here is his advertisement:

"1M quanta for 1 hour of being the a legate on your org" 

Then a org would use the personal limits for a while and from time to time hire that guy and use his hour to transfer personal ships to org. 

Why 275 cores per org?

We have 2 skills which provide 100% bonus per level each and 1 skill +5 core count per level. So, at maximum we will recieve: +25 +500% +500%.

So, it should be ((25 + 5 * 25) + 150 * 5) = 900 cores.

And to answer your previous original question:

I am 99.99% confident this scenario is correct:

> What happens of that legate leaves the org? 

> A - Nothing. The org will not be able to get more cores but the cores remain and the ex-legate is now free to promote another org. 

And this is not so bad, actually...

20 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Even more, in theory only 1 player in the entire DU is needed to give the bonus to all orgs. 

I never understood why it has been implemented that way. It makes no sense. The core limit for an org should depend on its size and not on the talents of a single member. A possible limit would be the sum of the org core limits of all members (which of course would need to be adjusted accordingly). This way the upper limit for the number of cores (and corresponding server resources) in the entire DU would scale linear with the number of subscriptions. There could be no single-player orgs with hundreds of cores and we would have no reason to speculate about the possible exploit above.

8 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

And there could be no single-player orgs with hundreds of cores.

Well, in general yea... 

Why do we have a personal 17 core limit after weeks of talent training when 500k quanta + few hours gives us hundreds?