More events please!

Shaman

The community has been pretty barren right now, nobody is really doing/talking about anything.

I know NQ is doing a lot of back end changes (which I totally agree on) , but would it hurt to add a lump of coal to the dying fire?

it's not like i'm asking for something super extensive or advanced, just something which takes very little dev time that would keep us entertained for a while, such as:

• Adding a t4/t5 meganode in PvP space and deliberately leaking the co-ords
  • buffing/nerfing some elements for a limited amount of time, eg reducing weapon range by 200% for a week, or changing the maximum speed in space (and if it's good keep it)
  • turning the shipwreck event/ previous events back on
  • adding a small planet 500-1000+ su (out of warp range) from any other planet, which would be full to the brim with good ores. (idk how long it takes to make planets, but i'm guessing you have a program to generate one)

1 hour ago, Shaman said:

adding a small planet 500-1000+ su (out of warp range) from any other planet, which would be full to the brim with good ores. (idk how long it takes to make planets, but i'm guessing you have a program to generate one)

This one I actually like.

But you probably want a little further out as a lot of big orgs have warp beacons and could make that a two jump trip and get a huge advantage over the others.

This would probably make the PvP crowd happy if you couldn’t warp all the way there, or more importantly for them you couldn’t use Warp to leave.

good to have it just for a month so PvP players have less to complain about, it won’t have to,be prefect as it’s not a long term planet, and they can try out some of their new planet generating systems on a disposal area.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, CoyoteNZ said:

This one I actually like.

But you probably want a little further out as a lot of big orgs have warp beacons and could make that a two jump trip and get a huge advantage over the others.

This would probably make the PvP crowd happy if you couldn’t warp all the way there, or more importantly for them you couldn’t use Warp to leave.

good to have it just for a month so PvP players have less to complain about, it won’t have to,be prefect as it’s not a long term planet, and they can try out some of their new planet generating systems on a disposal area.

That is basically going to be asteroids I guess, perhaps it could also add in some interesting variables like a variable gravity or a really high gravity, a thick atmosphere with a low field of vision whilst entering.

Essentially planets that force ingenuity in ship building and problem solving/collaboration.