So, what JC is doing now?

le_souriceau

18 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

This is not a false expectation.

Your false expectation is that kickstart like projects have to fulfill their initial proposal.
Quite common for ppl to have this expectation.

This is a false expectation because fulfilling their initial proposal may be impossible to achieve due budget constrains, technology obstacles and other viability issues.
The correct expectation for someone investing on a kickstarter like project is: 
"As it stands, all my money is lost
Lets hope they make something out of this, unlike most projects on kickstarter"

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Your false expectation is that kickstart like projects have to fulfill their initial proposal.

This is a false expectation because fulfilling their initial proposal may be impossible to achieve due budget constrains, technology obstacles and other viability issues.

I had never had any problems with KS. Factorio, Subnautica and other games I supported came out later on Steam.

But if they try to sell me apples (AvA) and after 3 years I have to learn that they want to deliver oranges (CvC) instead, on the grounds that it is cooler, then I have a problem with that.

It was never communicated that change and hit the community out of sudden. And now we're standing here, because of some decisions. ?‍♂️

The only real thing they could have done was to be accommodating and offer refunds when they decided to change course.

I can't get that time and energy back.

15 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

I had never had any problems with KS. Factorio, Subnautica and other games I supported came out later on Steam.

Consider your self lucky (or wise in your project choice).

My only bet was in a Jagged Alliance sequel. And failed quite miserably.

With here are the 1st 3 sectors of the map, and there is no story or NPCs.
Basically a demo,

56 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

It was promised that AvA would be worked on first, as CvC was a stretch goal. This was made unmistakably clear in the KS video. The reason why I am here in the first place, by the way. 

This is not a false expectation.

What happened:
NQ: I can do AvA!
Me: *throws money at NQ*.
NQ: *Makes CvC*
Me: *Pikachu face*
NQ: Sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

It certainly wasn't my fault that NQ isn't capable of doing AvA.

Edit: Here is the video, even with timestamp.

oooof.. how their tune has changed...

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

That is correct when you talk about the feature set and game play promise made in this case. The KS and backer packs were pitched/sold on the premise of a specific value proposition, being how much value the DAC included would have. The sale of these packs is a contract stating that if you buy this, you will get this much value in return. As it stands that value is mostly half of what was promised and so the contract is not honored.

There is a distinct possibility that NQ will run into trouble due to this. You can't just pretend like everything is fine when you sell something at a value of $100 and then deliver $50, you have to ensure you deliver what you agreed. And so far NQ has not said anything about how they will compensate the loss of value for pre-"beta" backers.

The Sapphire founder pack promised 40 DAC with a value of €720 (€18/DAC) at launch, currently the value of those 40DAC, assuming that DAC would be sold at a higher price than pure game time with a fairly industry standard markup of 30%, is about half that. Up until a month before beta, NQ sold packs on the basis of the value proposition that a DAC would be worth around €18. When they announced the actual game time pricing, they said they would provide clarity on how they would compensate for the loss in value but have failed to do so.

7 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

That is correct when you talk about the feature set and game play promise made in this case. The KS and backer packs were pitched/sold on the premise of a specific value proposition, being how much value the DAC included would have

That was not the situation being debated in my comment. 

And you may be technically right. 

Buy although my dacs devalued, personally im happy they did. 

Means all players can play the game cheeper, even you and me when our pack dacs expire. 

So i will never ask for more dacs. 

I agreed that my 120€ comes with 7 dacs, independent from their price. 

But sure, you guys feel robbed, ask for it. 

Personally I've written off the pledge as a loss the moment I made it anyway as that is how I generally view such things. But I know of and am sure there's others who do not feel that way and may/will pursue this if NQ does not provide the proper compensation.

13 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

If that is what the correct assumption should be then why make a kickstarter promise?

Company promises x if they get y dollars

-- everyone should assume x will not happen regardless of y

-- company proceeds to make z, w, and g

None of this makes any sense.

As we explained, JC remains the founder of NQ, and he's a shareholder and member of the board. He's also a scientist with an entrepreneurial track record. As such he's often asked to participate in conferences and events.

This video is just that, JC participating in an event and using DU as a subject matter.

12 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

This video is just that, JC participating in an event and using DU as a subject matter.

So you are saying that the way JC presents DU here is not what NQ is aiming for in regards to implementing the perspective JC has on this subject matter?

In what way does the perspective presented here differ from the planned game development going forward?

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

As we explained, JC remains the founder of NQ, and he's a shareholder and member of the board. He's also a scientist with an entrepreneurial track record. As such he's often asked to participate in conferences and events.

English (deepl used)

I think the work as a front man has cost JC a lot of energy. Therefore, I can understand that he now devotes a little more time to his family and to purely technical things.

All players would be happy if they could see JC at Christmas or between the years with a short video. No explanations or anything, just whether he is doing well.

German (original)

Ich denke die Arbeit als Frontmann hat JC sehr viel Kraft gekostet. Daher kann ich verstehen das er sich nun etwas mehr Zeit für seine Familie und den rein technischen Dinge widmet.

Alle Spieler würden sich freuen wenn sie JC zu Weihnachten oder zwischen den Jahren mit einem kurzen Video sehen könnten. Keine Erklärungen oder so, nur ob es Ihm gut geht.

Die Waldfee

JC is no longer with NQ, he left entirely according to an NQ staff member on Discord.

His vision for the game failed and what NQ is making currently is but a shell of ahwt JC had in mind. Quite possibly what we have now is much more in line with what their technology allows, at leeast that can quite easily be understood with what NQ has said related to this in the last few video blogs.

52 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

JC is no longer with NQ, he left entirely according to an NQ staff member on Discord.

Really? Which staff member?
Because him completely leaving (seeing as he is actually also a shareholder) would be kind of weird.

21 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Really? Which staff member?
Because him completely leaving (seeing as he is actually also a shareholder) would be kind of weird.

Will this translate correctly for me if your text translates it as shareholder? As far as I know, there are no shares in Novaquark. 
Otherwise I would like to have the WKN / ISIN numbers.
I rather assume that he had invested in the company independently of an IPO, so he will certainly have paid it out accordingly when he leaves or made other arrangements that make sense for him.

Irrespective of this, the game is developing in a different direction, whether it is related to the general company policy or simply to the general feasibility, only NQ knows. I would just like more clarity as a player, so that I know whether it will continue to be an Eve copy or go in the direction of minecraft+.

@sHuRuLuNi

image.png.ecd9d8d8d51be2e4b1b67ecfe5470e19.png

It would not be strange at all. His "leadership" pretty much drove NQ to the brink, he may have the vision but has shown to lack the ability to make it real and have a sense of what can be done as opposed to what he wanted to get done. IMO he is at the core of most of the problems NQ has been and is facing, inclucing their general policy on communication and I am pretty sure his "stepping down" was entirely non voluntary.

18 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

@sHuRuLuNi

image.png.ecd9d8d8d51be2e4b1b67ecfe5470e19.png

It would not be strange at all. His "leadership" pretty much drove NQ to the brink, he may have the vision but has shown to lack the ability to make it real and have a sense of what can be done as opposed to what he wanted to get done. IMO he is at the core of most of the problems NQ has been and is facing, inclucing their general policy on communication and I am pretty sure his "stepping down" was entirely non voluntary.

Well it's strange that on his Twitter he still posts about DU and stuff ...

He does seem to keep up his "vision" of DU being "ready player one" and how he seems to want to try and say he invented the metaverse Facebook is now running with.

All I see is JC still living in his bubble and out of touch with the real world.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:54 PM, Jake Arver said:

He does seem to keep up his "vision" of DU being "ready player one" and how he seems to want to try and say he invented the metaverse Facebook is now running with.

I would absolutely love it if that were true!  It would mean Facebook's metaverse would be built around PvP :D

On 11/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, Honvik said:

Thought he moved to a board member position?  Pann is saying he left?  which one is it?

That was the story, yes.. but you know how these things go.. Seeing how the game has been pretty much butchered for the sake of keeping it affordable, I can see his leaving also may have been at least in part because his dream fell apart..

On 4/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, joaocordeiro said:

Actually, you are wrong.. Even when you posted this some months ago.

TL;DR;

If you do not keep your promises you open yourself to (legal) action by your backers. It is true hoevwer that KS themselves would not get involved in this. We, as backers, can certainly hold NQ accountable if they do not deliver on what we were pitched during the KS campaign. Not that there is a chance in hell you'd get anything out of it but yes, it would be possible.

creator-responsibility.png