Time to move on..

blazemonger

On 4/25/2021 at 8:56 AM, rothbardian said:

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see. The truth of metaverse is not for all Noveans but only for those who seek it. Novean who reject the responsibility of thought and reason can only exist as parasites on the thinking of others. The most depraved type of Novean being is the Novean without a purpose.

I found the truth!
And it was full of:
no content and absence of a decisions... it was a real downer :(

latest?cb=20100626042245

-Rav

Edited by Ravenis

Blaze has been blocked from accessing the forums for some time now by NQ. I had a talk with him on Discord and basically NQ has ignored his appeal emails and he has no intention to commit to being "a good boy" which he is required to agree to regain access otherwise. So, unless NQ let's him back in, he's gone.

Apparently, NQ considers him toxic, unconstructive and unhelpful towards others. He certainly can be blunt at times, but if NQ considers him unwanted, I can see quite a few around here who are (far) worse. And I can find many very solid, constructive and reasonable pieces of feedback, great ideas, supportive responses and helpful comments from him here..

But hey.. it's NQ's playground so if they want to be selective in who can or can't be a certain way, that is for them to decide... I guess..

6 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Blaze has been blocked from accessing the forums for some time now by NQ. I had a talk with him on Discord and basically NQ has ignored his appeal emails and he has no intention to commit to being "a good boy" which he is required to agree to regain access otherwise. So, unless NQ let's him back in, he's gone.

Apparently, NQ considers him toxic, unconstructive and unhelpful towards others. He certainly can be blunt at times, but if NQ considers him unwanted, I can see quite a few around here who are (far) worse. And I can find many very solid, constructive and reasonable pieces of feedback, great ideas, supportive responses and helpful comments from him here..

But hey.. it's NQ's playground so if they want to be selective in who can or can't be a certain way, that is for them to decide... I guess..

Really?! 
Being blunt is not bannable behavior. 
Like 30% of DU players are blunt and crumpy old men. This is/was case on EvE too.
Very rude behavior from them...

And that ignore part is so NQ.
I have appealed like 3 times to assign some active NQ staff member in to Discord server.
Or even someone active who is directly in contact with devs. They could even hire someone from Discord.
And I got always same stupid robot answer: "We have greatly improved Discord interaction".
Bullshit, there is like once a month some dev/staff members saying something what doesn't help anything or just speculating possible scenarios to happen. Talking like real politicians, much talk and still saying nothing.

I'm on my fellow countrymen same scale and same ambition space building game's Discord server.
Devs are interacting directly with their community like every second.
Atmosphere is totally different there, and they really listen their players.

SB was launched way too early, but they are very busy bees and content is coming together fast.
And that is because they do and change game a lot by community feedback.

But this grunting is pointless, they wont read or listen any of this shit we type here anyway.

TBH I saw so much potential in this game but unfortunately devs are just driving ppl off by their behavior.

And I'm pretty much losing hope about this game too.

-Rav

Edited by Ravenis

7 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Agreed...it's kind of puzzling how there's some that have said really horrific, personal, childish things with impunity while others get the ban hammer. Other than an incident involving LinkedIn, Blaze hadn't done anything especially grievous...

And what did it even get them? A more positive and constructive tone? A lot of people suddenly seeing how brilliant they are and how their game is so great...?

You can't ban reality. 

7 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

I mean, I guess they can run it like a playground if they want.

That would explain a thing or two about why they don't seem able to run it like a business... ;) 

I'm quite new in DU circles, but impression about NQ I have had from start is that they are like too important to be part of conversations on discord for example, or here mostly too.
They just let rumors and tales to live without cutting wings right away( it would need one short post) but no. 

43 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

I mean, I guess they can run it like a playground if they want.

That would explain a thing or two about why they don't seem able to run it like a business... ;) 

MMO can be ran like business (WOW for example) but when dev team is part of the community its highly beneficial for both parties.
Devs get feedback and players are feeling they are heard and even cared about. That is how players stay.

I can't see any intelligent reason to cut whole Dev team from players, talking on discord just would help all. Why not hire like Carter to be community manager or something. Or someone else who have showed their value there.

But I have asked this question on feedback 3 times already, and I still don't know answer to question Why.

P.S There is not much else than Why's left, hope they answer even some of them soon. 

rav.png
-Rav

I've said it before... but the decision to favour a hypothetical group of possible new players, over the existing loyal player base, is madness. With no 'sticky' collateral in-game to keep current players committed, the loss of existing players will likely outnumber the tourists who come post-wipe - just like every other game that wiped ever. It's possibly worse for NQ with the compounding factors (A) that they'd previously committed to avoid this, and retain constructs, and (B) they're wiping 2 1/2 yrs of gameplay for some players, which I'm pretty sure is an unprecedented long interval for a wipe in any IP, ever. There will be an initial buzz, the some new players will move on, and many existing players who try again will quickly lose motivation to rebuild everything they'd already built. 

11 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

I've said it before... but the decision to favour a hypothetical group of possible new players, over the existing loyal player base, is madness. With no 'sticky' collateral in-game to keep current players committed, the loss of existing players will likely outnumber the tourists who come post-wipe - just like every other game that wiped ever. It's possibly worse for NQ with the compounding factors (A) that they'd previously committed to avoid this, and retain constructs, and (B) they're wiping 2 1/2 yrs of gameplay for some players, which I'm pretty sure is an unprecedented long interval for a wipe in any IP, ever. There will be an initial buzz, the some new players will move on, and many existing players who try again will quickly lose motivation to rebuild everything they'd already built. 

Cynical reality, that there is nearly no enough "old loyal players" to make game financially viable. They were only useful to keep game alive (to extent), so NQ not clearly told them that they planning to wipe, nurturing false hopes (i'm sure plan was there since pretty much Beta start). All this "we discussing it iternally" wiggling around.

So now any pretense is dropped, NQ (ultra predictably) decided to gamble in attempt to make game more attractive for new wave of players. If it work or not -- another question. This tho makes old people "disposable" (in relative sense of risking to wipe their progress).

I was trying whistleblow and explain this NQ long-term plan of "use them, then wipe them" for years for folks around here, but gathered only hate.

@le_souriceau
Enough with the conspiracy theory that you share with a few people.

If you were at Novaquark, you would have seen that the decision about the wipe has been taken quite recently and make the launch much more tricky than if it was decided to have no wipe. For a long time, it was thought that "Magic Blueprints" could have been the solution to make a very partial (and nearly painless) wipe. The problem was, after careful reviewing, it would in fact brings a ton of problems in terms of balance, and also many loopholes that were hard and long to fix. So It was a painful decision to make, even on the Novaquark team side, but a necessary and healthy one. This promise was not broken with a light heart. If it could have been avoided, this road would have been taken, the easiest way to proceed being "no wipe at all", but far from being the healthiest one for the long term of the game. The Novaquark team has absolutely no motive to frustate a part of the Community for no reason. Ideally, we would prefer to make everyone happy.

However, you're not part the company, so you didn't know what really happened or what has been discussed internally and you prefer to present your (wrong) assumptions into facts.  Between that, and the slandering regarding your statement not so long ago that a player need to be "friend" with a Dev to make changes happen in Dual Universe (based on zero evidence), you're truly putting a lot of efforts to paint the Novaquark team as a bunch of evil, manipulative persons. If this is your vision of being constructive, well... Spoiler: it's not.

Furthermore, as this thread has been necroposted from more than one year, it will be locked.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.