Time to move on..

blazemonger

So I finally make the choice to leave the game behind me for now. I really do not see how the current company will be able to make this work and I feel their attitude and overall outlook on what they are doing will help any chance of a revival of the viability of the project. And no amount of pushing the buttons to try and see some movement will have any effect I believe. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not think so.. I see no reason to spend more time supporting a company when I do not see much of anything to make me believe they can and will support the game.

So there, all you haters can rejoice as I'm out.. been a good few years but unless things change drastically, this game will not make it.

And no, you can't have my stuff..

image.png.dcf6072cc76c435897f1ce5ccfca2da9.png

Yeah.. I found myself getting very annoyed by NQ's overall attitude and general avoidance of any real ownership or willingness to actually use the many resources they have here and on Discord to their benefit.. They seem to think they know best and I think the last 3.5 years have shown that to not be the case. This last spat in the continuing "we heard you" saga to me just means they do not get it and will probably never will until they find themselves with a dead game wondering where it all went wrong.  

So, it's better to not bother anymore and move on as why should I continue to care when they don't..

I think not much of "haters" left to enjoy too : )

Anyway, stay in relative touch, Blaze, there is other space game around and their worlds not that big to not meet again.

I myself kinda in limbo state myself with trust crisis, realisation how JC shamelessly lied playing with generaly empty hand as now revealed when going to release and even later "no red flags" (while he perfectly knew real situation), grows on me everyday. 

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

And no, you can't have my stuff..

As your rehab councillor I strongly advise you not to keep that stash of meth under your mattress. 

I gave the whole ownership of my race track, a bunch of ships, 30 mil quanta and 5kt of inventory to someone who still wants to play and wants to keep working on that project. 

Do the right thing, cut away properly. Then we can start you on the 12 step program 

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I have left the game behind.. the punching bag that is these forums and Discord is too good to not mess with now and then.. ;)

Welcome to the club. 

I will not say i "left the game behind" because i have nothing against playing it again.

I will keep trying the game from time to time,  to see if i can extract some fun from it. 

But im not a masochist. If i feel pain, i close the game. 

Got more than 200 games, no reason to get pain from one of them. 

We already got RL for that. 

2 hours ago, SneakySnake said:

@blazemonger are you leaving for the 3rd time?

I've come close before but just do not see the point of giving it another chance to improve so the cord is cut

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

I will not say i "left the game behind" because i have nothing against playing it again.

I left it behind me as I would only return to it if I see NQ turn around, change their overall attitude and make it worth my time again. And right now I have serious doubt that will happen.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Also moving this thread to the right forum ;)

I guess that is one way of looking at it and it does align nicely with my perspective on NQ.

Just to let you know, you are the reason I started to play this game. You have deeper insight then most of the people I have seen comment on this forum. And I would hate to see you go, but I do understand what you are trying to say.

Of everyone here, and from a newbie's point of view, whom has lurked this forum for a while now, you are the one I respect the most.

Live Long my friend.

o7

51 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I guess that is one way of looking at it and it does align nicely with my perspective on NQ.

2 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Also moving this thread to the right forum

I don't feel like this is off topic.

Maybe we need a "Goodbye" subforum, where ppl can do the opposite of presenting themselves.

ROFL @joaocordeiro

It's off topic for NQ though, unless you are a high profile player with friends inside NQ, then the original forum is the correct place for the post as we've seen several times. But that is a general thing with NQ, using different standards and measures depending on the person and all of this really says more than NQ may want to admit and as I wrote before is perfectly aligns with my sense of their attitude regarding community engagement.

NQ is pretty much a "if you are not with us, you are against us" company

57 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

NQ is pretty much a "if you are not with us, you are against us" company

That's not true. There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

NQ is a very good company much much better than any major industry giant.

15 minutes ago, rothbardian said:

NQ is a very good company much much better than any major industry giant.

If they were a very good company they would not be where they are currently and DU would be an actual game, at least in actual beta with a healthy player base.

Also, I applaud and appreciate your optimism but comparing NQ to any major industry giant frankly invalidates your argument to begin with.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

If they were a very good company they would not be where they are currently and DU would be an actual game, at least in actual beta with a healthy player base.

Also, I applaud and appreciate your optimism but comparing NQ to any major industry giant frankly invalidates your argument to begin with.

Single shard basically is/were an utopia for these industry giants even with their fat pockets. But a small company from France made it. Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea and NQ and JC taught this forgotten quality to this well-known names.

Single shard MMO/metaverse is the next big thing. Big boys can avoid reality, but they cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

@rothbardian

I understand where you are coming from but do not agree.

Standing by your ideas, forcing your vision on the people who pay your bills and in doing so risking the lively hood of the people you employ by risking the future of the company you run is not a "quality", it's called reckless and bad business and it gets you removed from the CEO position which is what happened to JC.

Having a vision is good, great even. Not having the ability to make your vision retain what it can while matching it to what is realistically possible is what makes you a good business person. The concept of DU is great and offers a promise not seen anywhere else currently, that I will certainly agree with. But JC lacks the ability to see that what you dream may not be what you can achieve on someone else's dime and that is what happened to NQ.

It remains to be seen where NQ goes. Until we learn where NQ will take the company, nothing they say or suggest they may do matters. And even if the VC provide fresh funding, it remains to be seen if NQ with the current staffing will be able to turn this around. Great things are built on dreams but are enabled by the extent to which those dreams are able to become reality. That is a lesson NQ has not yet learned it seems they are stil very much at the stage of "if we just explain our vision often enough, people will get it and we'll be just fine"

5 hours ago, rothbardian said:

Single shard basically is/were an utopia for these industry giants even with their fat pockets.

Yes and no. 

Yes, a single shard is avery desired tech to have, if players are sync with each other near perfectly. 

And that does not happen in DU. 

Not by desync bugs. 

Not by game design. 

Not by physics impossibility. 

Also a company can be evaluated in multiple subjects. 

I would say that the voxel rendering engine is "state of the art" grade. 

Single shard tech accaptable. 

Ui is also acceptable. 

Economy logic is a moderated failure

Social logic is a total failure. 

Entertainment logic is a total failure. 

So i would not grade the cumulative above other companies.