Markets 6 & 7

Sabretooth

I see people complain about crowded markets, but they are really complaining about alioth markets 6 & 7.

There are sooooooo many markets that are empty or enough space to park, not much commercials etc, not laggy but people act like the universe ends at alioth market 6 or 7.

"Solutions" like parking fees, deleting ships or even capturing ships that can be bought back, are not really solutions because they are only neccesary for markets 6 & 7. I personally hate it to punish people, and those punishments would be applied to the whole galaxy, while its only a 'problem' at markets 6 & 7.

And why pay a parkingfee if you are not landing on the parking deck, but just on the ground, 100m away? I mean, would it apply to the entire hex?

Got to ANY moon (sanct is a planet to me with its size and atmo) market and there will be space enough to land your L-core. And I park my L-core at those places for like two weeks, not bothering anybody, because 3 quarters of the deck is still available

So instead of searching for places that lag, maybe people should explore more.

There is an entire galaxy to be explored, but it seems the complaining people always want to go to market 6 & 7... FAIL!!

Or... as this is a topic, would people say there are MANY MANY other markets that are that bad? Because I cant find them. Please state so below, thank you

Agree 99%

Only 1% is ...

21 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

people always want to go to market 6 & 7... FAIL!!

Well if you are new player when you go shopping to build your first ship you go to district 6 mostly to get the lowest price or the availability of all items required to build your ship. Also that time you count every quanta you have in your wallet so this makes most newcomers land there . Then they build their ship and dumb the old one there . That is the loop that creates this situation.

Also if you want to sell something at a bit more higher price then District 6 is must . Because there things are sold faster it is more likely to achieve a higher price on your sale. It is something like a central trade hub like other games have also for example like eve has jita 4-4 . Of course there are things that i didn't found been sold there but that is the minority of things.

If parked ships wouldn't allowed to stay there more than 1 day this wouldn't be a problem and would load faster for all of us. Or a dedicated server for that market that will load instantly everything present there but this costs some money so ....

Habitant

Habitants Organization

14 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

I see people complain about crowded markets, but they are really complaining about alioth markets 6 & 7.

There are sooooooo many markets that are empty or enough space to park, not much commercials etc, not laggy but people act like the universe ends at alioth market 6 or 7.

"Solutions" like parking fees, deleting ships or even capturing ships that can be bought back, are not really solutions because they are only neccesary for markets 6 & 7. I personally hate it to punish people, and those punishments would be applied to the whole galaxy, while its only a 'problem' at markets 6 & 7.

And why pay a parkingfee if you are not landing on the parking deck, but just on the ground, 100m away? I mean, would it apply to the entire hex?

Got to ANY moon (sanct is a planet to me with its size and atmo) market and there will be space enough to land your L-core. And I park my L-core at those places for like two weeks, not bothering anybody, because 3 quarters of the deck is still available

So instead of searching for places that lag, maybe people should explore more.

There is an entire galaxy to be explored, but it seems the complaining people always want to go to market 6 & 7... FAIL!!

Or... as this is a topic, would people say there are MANY MANY other markets that are that bad? Because I cant find them. Please state so below, thank you

Can you buy what you need at the moon markets?  Or are you just selling ore into bot orders?  Last time I looked the moon markets were mostly dead with very little on sale.

AFAIK the reason people go to district 6 and 7 is that they will be able to buy everything they want for a reasonable price. 6 in particular has more or less every item in the game listed for sale and most are at very low prices (below cost in a lot of cases).

Sabretooth’s comment about FAIL!! Doesn’t really make sense. 

there is no reason to visit 99% of the marketplaces because they have nothing valuable on sale. 

if the game scales up, there will be more markets like 6 and 7. But for the time being they function as a valuable hub to bring players and their wares together. 

Utopia station will fulfill a very similar role if player markets ever become a thing. 

23 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

There's a reason why jita is the main hub in eve. Because everyone sells there. Same applies for du. Ppl want centralized markets to get everything they want in one go. 

Connecting every market on a planet could alleviate the congestion somewhat but those on Ailioth would still be lag generators.  A market without enough clutter to generate lag is a market unlikely to have everything on your shopping list. 

Central markets are going to form and for that reason, ways to control the lag are needed.  I am in favor of Eve style interior parking garages.  You fly your ship toward them.  Your ship gets grabbed by a tractor beam or whatever and pulled inside (it vanishes). The player appears at a door and heads to the market on foot.  No laggy market. No crashing your ship due to lag. 

2 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I am in favor of Eve style interior parking garages.  You fly your ship toward them.  Your ship gets grabbed by a tractor beam or whatever and pulled inside (it vanishes). The player appears at a door and heads to the market on foot.  No laggy market. No crashing your ship due to lag. 

Yep. 

Been suggesting that for years now. 

Some threads, about this parking subject, ago NQ said they were looking for a way to fix this, including some of our suggestions(including this one) 

I guess we need to wait and see what they come up with. 

I second and third the 'parking garage' solution - and removing the clutter of advertising hoardings and containers. I try and buy what I need from market 13 on Alioth as it is closer - sadly stuff is not always there or it is double the price of 6/7. Now I would pay a little more but double is excessive. Still it might give me an opportunity in a while :)

Market 6 and 7 are the only places (except for Gott mart) were you can somewhat reliably get every item. So people go there to buy. And if the buyers go there, the sellers sell there.

What you would need is to connect the 10 district markets.

How many times are people going to the markets? and how long are people staying at the market?

For me, I make a 'market round' every 2-4 weeks. Ive bought a lot of stuff at different markets and then I spend 1 or 2 days going to the markets and pick up everything.

I have a very slow pc, but if I am never longer then 10 minutes at a market.

Why people are complaining about the 20 minutes they spend at markets 6&7, even if it would be twice a week? 

If you are going to market6&7, every single day, then its your own fault/choice. But even then, the 10-20 minutes there are nothing compared to the time you have played the game that day.

Yes they should solve the lag, but those 20 minutes are nothing compared to the time we spend on: mining, flying, building or looking at builds that friends have made.

I think its more that some people are spoiled brats (thats right, I said it!), and every small tiny little minute thing that they dont like has to be fixed for them or else they start calling names and cry.

The market lag is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, for a much larger problem. Market 6 and 7 are just the early warning signs for a much larger problem that will also affect player controlled based tiles and large gatherings, if and when the games gets a larger player base. Anyone who experienced 'lag city' know what I am talking about.

So despite what has been said by NQ, D6&7 shows that this game will not able to handle community driven large scale cities, space stations etc. And while the long-term solution of course is to make the entire game faster and more efficient, there will also always be need for 'crowd control' functionality to manage community based long-term gatherings.

So many of us fail to see why NQ has ignored this for so long, when there are simple and effective solutions that can be applied that will mostly fix the short term problem of D6&7 (while waiting for the long-term solution that may not even be possible) and also be useful long-term for player driven markets etc in the future.

16 hours ago, Gottchar said:

What you would need is to connect the 10 district markets.

How about connecting the market with all tiles that are directly or indirectly joined with the market tile and providing the possibility to trade with connected markets without physically going there (maybe with a fee or time delay)? That would reduce the traffic on the markets, encourage players to get closer together (instead of claiming tiles as far a away from other players as possible) and in the long term connect all markets on a planet. That should even be acceptable for JC because - together with other cooperative mechanics (like common defence or boost of production, automining, energy or research for connected tiles) - it might result in cities.

6 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

How many times are people going to the markets? and how long are people staying at the market?

I think its more that some people are spoiled brats (thats right, I said it!), and every small tiny little minute thing that they dont like has to be fixed for them or else they start calling names and cry.

Part of the problem is that the lag can have bad consequences - it can make your ship crash into things if you are unlucky and thus you can lose stuff. Lag is a huge problem in a game where collisions can destroy things. You can literally lag your way to destruction as nothing responds.

You may also go there once every couple of weeks, doesn't mean other people don't go more frequently.

What's the point in the market if it has like 2% of the products ?

You can't build anything due to schems.

You can't buy anything as it's on d6/d7 and you crash on approach.

There are some that wanted survival, here it is. Survive.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:14 PM, Cheith said:

Part of the problem is that the lag can have bad consequences

For the first time in a month I logged in and did the ring (flying the border of the mother-ship zone) looking at constructs. And closing in on D7 I was kicked out with a server disconnect and my ship went down, hard.. 

So even on a decent computer (Ryzen 2700X, 32G RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD, gtx1080ti, fiber internet 250/250) the lag consequences can be real.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:14 PM, Cheith said:

Part of the problem is that the lag can have bad consequences - it can make your ship crash into things if you are unlucky and thus you can lose stuff. Lag is a huge problem in a game where collisions can destroy things. You can literally lag your way to destruction as nothing responds.

You may also go there once every couple of weeks, doesn't mean other people don't go more frequently.

I play on a gtx 640 and a not too fast connection, so I think im one of the people who has the baddest lag out there with at least 1 second input delay.

I landed on Market7 last week and when I came back, another ship had rendered over my ship, so my ship was halfway inside the other ship.

Yes, THAT is some lag. But because we all know how bad it is, its a little bit our own fault if we try to approach those markets at high speed.

I know it shouldnt be the way, but I land like 3km away from the market and hover my way to it. No D/C is gonna make my ship crash in that area. Even with D/C it should be fine.

But another thing....

On 4/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, CptLoRes said:

The market lag is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, for a much larger problem. Market 6 and 7 are just the early warning signs for a much larger problem that will also affect player controlled based tiles and large gatherings, if and when the games gets a larger player base. Anyone who experienced 'lag city' know what I am talking about.

So despite what has been said by NQ, D6&7 shows that this game will not able to handle community driven large scale cities, space stations etc. And while the long-term solution of course is to make the entire game faster and more efficient, there will also always be need for 'crowd control' functionality to manage community based long-term gatherings.

So many of us fail to see why NQ has ignored this for so long, when there are simple and effective solutions that can be applied that will mostly fix the short term problem of D6&7 (while waiting for the long-term solution that may not even be possible) and also be useful long-term for player driven markets etc in the future.

Yes the lag is real, and we all could guess it when they showed us the 30.000-players-at-the-same-time video. It was obvious (to me) that 30.000 players could never load their 30.000 ships at the same time in the same place.

I mean, I have an L-core nearing completion and when it will be finished, it will have at least 2500 elements. Try and load that times 300, let alone 30.000