This mornings patch....

Matches42

Yeah, so this mornings patch broke my launcher, will not open and just pops a giant white square and I get a popup that says DU not responding.  Uninstalled everything, and cleared out all files that lingered, fresh install and it's still borked.  If I missed someone posting this or addressing this, sorry, but couldn't find mention in recent posts. 

Anyone else having this issue and is there a working fix?

12 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us ticket is probably best. Though a non working fresh install is an issue :( Sorry you're having it. 

........k.  Done.  Now what?  Assuming this is far behind the first ticket I put out with a still unresolved issue that is still persisting, how likely am I to get an actual fix?  As it sits, I am now paying (yes, I AM paying) for a game I cannot play, even after a fresh install.  Fantastic.  I can't even update my game, if a fix becomes available because I can't even get the M&^F%$$#^&ing  launcher to launch to implement an update or fix of any kind.  

WTF

Your request (49935) has been received.

Guess this solves my previous ticket; I coulnd't build because I can't see where my voxels would place before placing them, and I couldn't make a map marker on any spot I select.  Problem solved, now I can't log the F&^% in at all.  Yipee 

14 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Access to the game has a higher ticket priority than some bug issues.  You shouldn't be waiting too long. 

My point is, how would I implement any fix?  I cannot even get the launcher up to receive and install an update after this latch patch.... it could get fixed on DU's side of things, and I'll never know because *click launch icon* followed by *crash,* and that's after a fresh install after a thorough scrapping of any and all DU files not wiped by the uninstall.

Darn, can you keep leaving it when it says not responding to see if it ever catches up? Or is it not one of those ones that gives you the option to continue waiting? If so how long have you given it? What do your cpu, network and memory stats look like under task manager while it’s doing it? Completely static or changing?

Imdo t get home from work for about seven hours so I am following your thread very closely in case I have issues as by the time I get to my game most support will be finished for the day ?

23 minutes ago, CoyoteNZ said:

Darn, can you keep leaving it when it says not responding to see if it ever catches up? Or is it not one of those ones that gives you the option to continue waiting? If so how long have you given it? What do your cpu, network and memory stats look like under task manager while it’s doing it? Completely static or changing?

Imdo t get home from work for about seven hours so I am following your thread very closely in case I have issues as by the time I get to my game most support will be finished for the day ?

I literally can do nothing.  I click the launch icon, white box the size of the launcher comes up, the pop up occurs that says DU is not responding, then shuts itself down 2 seconds later.  That's it.  That's all I get.  I uninstalled, sluthed all the remaining files that the uninstall missed, reinstalled fresh, same results.  I did this 5 times before I had to get ready for work.  I got nothing.  Even if DU responds with, "hey, log in and do..." 100% nope, cannot even get the launcher up.  Sure glad I subbed for a year.  Only 11 months to go.  Skills go dry in 20 days......

Well at least I am not alone.  I've uploaded all the requested files to the ticket, fingers crossed but am 100% not hopeful.  I looked at a previous ticket that I submitted as was/am having voxel placement issues (can't see what I am placing until it is done, no ghost box, and I have a map marker issue) both are listed as "SOLVED."  Ain't nothing solved, FFS.  It's still f&%$ing broken, I still can't build, and map markers were still placing themselves at the polar opposite of the desired location.  But hey, at least now I can't even get the launcher to pop up, so I don't have to fret over that anymore....

BECAUSE I CANNOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR SO F&%K IT.

NOW I get it.  NOW I understand the angst.  Been playing for maybe two months, and that's all it takes for the bitter disappointment to set in.....

7 hours ago, Jizzlobber said:

Well at least I am not alone.  I've uploaded all the requested files to the ticket, fingers crossed but am 100% not hopeful.  I looked at a previous ticket that I submitted as was/am having voxel placement issues (can't see what I am placing until it is done, no ghost box, and I have a map marker issue) both are listed as "SOLVED."  Ain't nothing solved, FFS.  It's still f&%$ing broken, I still can't build, and map markers were still placing themselves at the polar opposite of the desired location.  But hey, at least now I can't even get the launcher to pop up, so I don't have to fret over that anymore....

BECAUSE I CANNOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR SO F&%K IT.

NOW I get it.  NOW I understand the angst.  Been playing for maybe two months, and that's all it takes for the bitter disappointment to set in.....

Have you had a windows update recently? We are seeing some issues from that, otherwise please DM me your ticket number please. 

7 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Have you had a windows update recently? We are seeing some issues from that, otherwise please DM me your ticket number please. 

Haven't updated Windows on my side for a couple weeks.  Ticket number is in my comments above, no need for me to DM it.

Your request (49935) has been received

1 hour ago, Jizzlobber said:

Haven't updated Windows on my side for a couple weeks.  Ticket number is in my comments above, no need for me to DM it.

Your request (49935) has been received

They ask you to DM them the ticket number for three  reasons...

1. They can’t go into specific details of your ticket on the public thread as it is a private ticket

2. If you DM them, they know you understand how the private message system on this software works and that you are expecting a message from them and less likely to miss or ignore it.

3. They are helping a lot of different people with different issues and different tickets. Having the ticket number as the first comment in a DM thread, preferably in the title makes it easier to jump back into a correspondence when more replies come in. 

hope they can help you ?

14 minutes ago, CoyoteNZ said:

They ask you to DM them the ticket number for three  reasons...

1. They can’t go into specific details of your ticket on the public thread as it is a private ticket

2. If you DM them, they know you understand how the private message system on this software works and that you are expecting a message from them and less likely to miss or ignore it.

3. They are helping a lot of different people with different issues and different tickets. Having the ticket number as the first comment in a DM thread, preferably in the title makes it easier to jump back into a correspondence when more replies come in. 

hope they can help you ?

Right.  I thought about that after I responded, and sent a DM.  Cheers!

I’m in the same boat but for different reasons. Bought a Zotac RTX3080 in October. The fan went haywire in February. Sent it for repair. Two months has passed and still no response.

I reckon they resold my card for $2500 to a Bitcoin miner. I paid for a the one year warranty as part of the price but they say it’s going to be the end of may before I get my card back. That’s well over three months they will have had my card. A quarter of my warranty period wasted, basically. 

consumers are getting ripped off all the time.

IMO They should pause your subscription until the ticket is fixed and you can get back in. 

better yet, they could just make it a day based subscription. Every day you log in, you use a day of your sub. If you don’t log in, no sub used. But also no skill points acquired. 

that would be fairest. But unlikely. 

also, why the heck did you choose such an off putting user name? Seriously, why?

At least we can thank the gods you don’t have a matching avatar. 

6 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I’m in the same boat but for different reasons. Bought a Zotac RTX3080 in October. The fan went haywire in February. Sent it for repair. Two months has passed and still no response.

I reckon they resold my card for $2500 to a Bitcoin miner. I paid for a the one year warranty as part of the price but they say it’s going to be the end of may before I get my card back. That’s well over three months they will have had my card. A quarter of my warranty period wasted, basically. 

consumers are getting ripped off all the time.

IMO They should pause your subscription until the ticket is fixed and you can get back in. 

better yet, they could just make it a day based subscription. Every day you log in, you use a day of your sub. If you don’t log in, no sub used. But also no skill points acquired. 

that would be fairest. But unlikely. 

also, why the heck did you choose such an off putting user name? Seriously, why?

At least we can thank the gods you don’t have a matching avatar. 

Good points, all of them.

My user name is the title of an old Faith No More song.  If you are offended or 'put off' then it is having it's desired effect.  But hey, at least I didn't pick a name that sounds like I'm choking and gargling the stuff or I would have went with GraXXor...

On 4/23/2021 at 7:42 PM, Jizzlobber said:

Good points, all of them.

But hey, at least I didn't pick a name that sounds like I'm choking and gargling the stuff or I would have went with GraXXor...

You're familiar with what you sound like when you're choking and gargling the stuff? Excellent! next time you're in Tokyo I'll hook you up with one of my local pals to show you around 2-chome, apparently he's into that sort of thing, too. ?

After my post yesterday, I got Sofmap, the shop I bought the 3080 from, to contact Zotac in Hong Kong again (where the card was sent for repair). They got back to me a few hours later and it turns out Zotac now say that they don't have the replacement parts to repair the card so they haven't been able to start the process of fixing it yet... And since it takes anywhere up to a month for merchandise to reach Japan from Hong Kong, May is looking increasingly unlikely...  

off topic post, but:

I still reckon they're just using my card in one of their mining warehouses.

Estimates from Forbes and Bloomberg suggest that anywhere up to 75% (with a low end of 65%) of all bitcoin mining takes place in China and that percentages is growing rapidly, they use about 150Twh per year already and this is projected to nearly double in the next three years.

With bitcoin prices so high due to people like Elon Musk purposefully playing the markets to boost its value, China are raking in billions of dollars every day now: Chinese Bitcoin is estimated to be worth about $600,000,000,000...  (Which to be honest is actually only 3 Bezoses)

It's more profitable for chinese manufacturers to manufacture GPUs or specifically MPUs for mining locally and paying the penalties for reneging on their international contracts or missing their delivery dates than it is to actually ship completed product to the west.

That is why we are seeing a nearly 1 year and growing waiting list for a whole bevvy of silicon products now: Any silicon not severely and iron-clad contracted from before the pandemic (i.e. Apple, Samsung, Intel) is not going to reach the customer, instead it will go to feed the local bitcoin efforts.

4 carshes since this morning, all at different places doing different things. ive had occasional (once in 3 days) before but since patch... its to point im not going to log back in till theres a patch to fix the patch that was to fix the preevious patch that fixed the patch before that... omg its starting to sound like eve in early days.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, GraXXoR said:

You're familiar with what you sound like when you're choking and gargling the stuff? Excellent! next time you're in Tokyo I'll hook you up with one of my local pals to show you around 2-chome, apparently he's into that sort of thing, too. ?

.....meh, $20 is $20