How to add 2nd character to account?

SpacePirate

17 minutes ago, SpacePirate said:

How do i add a 2nd character to my account so i can train 2 characters at the same time?

Or do i have to create a 2nd account with a new email, and can the game even run 2 accounts on same machine? Is there a limit on logins?

1 account per email. 

Yes, you can create several accounts with several emails. 

Anticheat program does not support multiple DU game instances running at the same time. 

Because of this, NQ does not allow you to login several accounts from the same computer. 

But you can run several games as long as each runs on its own machine. 

So this is within the rules:

2 pcs, running 1 game each. Each game logged in with 1 account. 

This is also within the rules:

1 pc, running 1 game. You have 2 accounts, but you logout from accountA and login into accountB. 

Also keep in mind that any kind of intelligent automation, is forbidden. 

You can run simple macros on keyboard and mouse. But you cannot run scripts that make decisions. 

NQ did mention at one point that we would get 3 characters on our account, but it's been years since I last heard anything about that. Still, it might happen. (I think we have to assume nothing JC promised is guaranteed any longer unless it was a stretch goal.)

18 hours ago, SpacePirate said:

How do i add a 2nd character to my account so i can train 2 characters at the same time?

Or do i have to create a 2nd account with a new email, and can the game even run 2 accounts on same machine? Is there a limit on logins?

As mentioned, each account needs to have a unique email for now. A general function of email servers is that you can use aliases by simply adding a + and descriptor to create an alias.

So your email is XXX@YYY.com, you create an alias by simply using XXX+myalt@YYY.com and this email will just arrive in your main inbox. To be sure, test this first but as it is a standard function of the email protocol, it should work. when it works, set up the second account with that email alias.

You can only run one client on a windows machine so you can't run both accounts at the same time. Currently there is a bug preventing clients to run on virtual machines so until NQ fixes this bug, at best you could run two accounts at the same time but on different physical machines.

18 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

NQ did mention at one point that we would get 3 characters on our account, but it's been years since I last heard anything about that. Still, it might happen. (I think we have to assume nothing JC promised is guaranteed any longer unless it was a stretch goal.)

They can't properly implement billing system when there is only 1 character. Let's them not focus on trying to make it work for 3 now...

I fear for the linked container if they touch it.