Gold Sellers Assemble ...

blazemonger

The arrival of passive income ...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. The mining units will become the SP farming of DU

• Yes, they will
    • Unless NQ puts strict controls n place to limit the effectiveness and use of these units, Yes
    • No, it will be fine..
    • What is SP farming in EVE and how do I get involved in that?
    • RMT is a thing.. I'm ready to go and make some money

Currently mining is one of the core job choices. There are a lot of talents to invest into it to become good/productive.

I am hoping that they rejiggle the talents. Give us new talents for the auto miners. Give us better miners which can be made with higher tier ores and industry. 

Basically make it so hard core miners can still still invest heavily in mining to become better than those who don’t, just like industry, piloting, PvP, etc.

With a good rejigger players will be running around looking for good spots to place their mining rigs, clearing their bins, investing talents and ore in getting better skills and equipment. Another good game loop.

Or they could just give us a machine each which doesn’t add to gameplay. 

There's a lot we don't know about mining units but so far it sounds more like EvE's PI than SP farming.  There will still be the need to collect up the ore from however many units you have, move it and sell it to get money.

The big problem with SP farming in eve, of course, was that you could use it to run an account completely for free and with very little effort  then do other things with it as well.  People had 50+ accounts doing it.  But without any ability to pay the monthly sub using quanta that can't happen in DU yet (and I hope it never does!).

1 hour ago, Zeddrick said:

But without any ability to pay the monthly sub using quanta that can't happen in DU yet (and I hope it never does!)

I am pretty sure it will, they have already promised alpha backers DAC, equivalent to plex

12 hours ago, Elitez said:

What exactly do you know about the mechanic of automatic mining because i dont know anything ? Which game offers passive mining to a level that thats the nr1 source of income, because i play games for 20 years and the most auto thing a game offered was BDO's system where u can afk slow, very slow fishing with pc open. Which other games had passive slow income?

Star Wars Galaxies.

Star Wars Galaxies was amazing.  Auto mining was ace but you needed to put it on ore concentrations to yeild more.  Ore also had 'stats' so better qualities improved end product.  DU could in theory do this.  I.e higher element damaged, better decay rate etc.

Bots should also be removed and go back to a player driven market since we will also have Missions too!

Thanks

Honvik

Premier of the Empire.

6 hours ago, Honvik said:

Star Wars Galaxies was amazing.  Auto mining was ace but you needed to put it on ore concentrations to yeild more.  Ore also had 'stats' so better qualities improved end product.  DU could in theory do this.  I.e higher element damaged, better decay rate etc.

Bots should also be removed and go back to a player driven market since we will also have Missions too!

Thanks

Honvik

Premier of the Empire.

Hands down was one of the most fun things ever in that game, I loved this game so much for the crafting it provided, if only NQ would replicate, the idea of being able to craft using stats to make an engine that could produce more thrust with the right quality of iron that had the right thermal resistances etc.

It was such an organic way of focussing people on something specific, people would make a living in that game simply tracking down epic ores for weapon smiths to make crazy weapons with the that legendary acklay bone that was looted........or an armour smith with those high quality Krayt dragon scales.

So good.

2 hours ago, LouHodo said:

Any form of auto mining will only lead to the SWG issue of mining farms left for months on end cluttering up the scenery as people get bored and quit.

Except they got removed due to decay if left too long out there?  

1 hour ago, Honvik said:

Except they got removed due to decay if left too long out there?  

It depended on the amount of upkeep was in them.  The upkeep was power I believe and on some of the auto miners you keep them up for weeks if not months.

45 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

It depended on the amount of upkeep was in them.  The upkeep was power I believe and on some of the auto miners you keep them up for weeks if not months.

exactly but at least there was an upkeep system unlike in DU

On 4/20/2021 at 9:44 PM, _Kiwi_ said:

I am pretty sure it will, they have already promised alpha backers DAC, equivalent to plex

Yes, I know.  I'm one of them.  But I hope they might do it differently.  IMO Plex was where EvE started to go wrong and enabling easy farming to pay the sub made things a *lot* worse.  When people can have hundreds of accounts you can't really balance the game with limits, etc any more and that's bad.  If it were me I'd make the DAC offer something like a 75% discount instead of an actual free month.  That way people can still use them to subsidise their gaming and run 5 accounts for the price of one, but trying to run 100 accounts still results in a big monthly cash bill as it should.

Also having some sort of payment is a great way of tracking which accounts belong to which people by comparing the payment details.

16 hours ago, LouHodo said:

It was a mix of power and credits, this was indeed an issue with SWG, it extended to housing too, to the point where you had Correlia being a planet wide city for the most part. At some point they did have a big cleanup and I think at one point they implemented something that would cause building to just be destroyed should the upkeep not be met.

The problem was the upkeep of a large house was small compared to their vast wealth most players had, I would stick a few million credits in each thing I placed so that I could be assured I would not have that happen.

Only thing they were missing was having upkeep scale with economy.

15 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Yes, I know.  I'm one of them.  But I hope they might do it differently.  IMO Plex was where EvE started to go wrong and enabling easy farming to pay the sub made things a *lot* worse.  When people can have hundreds of accounts you can't really balance the game with limits, etc any more and that's bad.  If it were me I'd make the DAC offer something like a 75% discount instead of an actual free month.  That way people can still use them to subsidise their gaming and run 5 accounts for the price of one, but trying to run 100 accounts still results in a big monthly cash bill as it should.

Also having some sort of payment is a great way of tracking which accounts belong to which people by comparing the payment details.

This feels like a good solution, eve has been plagued by this for years, at one point there was a player with like a 100 odd miners, chewing up asteroid belts on the hourly, they eventually banned broadcasting which cause that chap and a bunch of solo incursion runners from being so impactful but yeah, as soon as you allow a player to scale accounts using in game money where scaling accounts means a an equal or greater scaling of income you start to get real problematic game balance problems.

In a perfect world you allow the first use of a DAC by a person to be 100percent then diminish returns but the implementation of that would be problematic to say the least.....for obvious reasons.