How to make gas clouds fun

Shaman

Novaquark announced that they would be adding gas clouds in their devlog , so I came up with some ideas for how some of those gas clouds would work. These gases can spawn in various sizes, from being a small patch to almost moon sized.

Here are some gas clouds I came up with:

Nitrogen gas - an Nitrogen gas cloud which acts very much like a planets atmosphere, slowing you down greatly and forcing you to use atmospheric engines (Space radars still work though). It can be harvested for Nitron fuel.

Kergon gas - This gas greatly boosts the effectiveness of space engines and brakes, but slows you down slightly. It comes in four tiers , being more and more effective the higher the teir it is. can be harvested for Kergon fuel.

Xenon gas - when you enter this cloud, Rocket engines can run infinitely, and radar effectiveness and vision is greatly reduced, meaning that ships outside cant see you, and you cant see them either. in some clouds, T1,T2 and T3 asteroids can be found here as well, so ships must travel slow to avoid crashing into them. Can be harvested for Xenon fuel.

Acidic clouds - this rare, bright green gas is very dangerous, melting any ship or player who dares to enter without a shield. Rare T4 and T5 asteroids can often be found in the center.

Dust clouds - radar effectiveness and vision is reduced in this cloud, similar to Xenon gas (but to a lesser extent). It can be harvested and compressed into various T1,T2 and T3 ores. Rarely, a dust cloud can spawn with T4 and T5 gas instead.

A gas cloud can also be affected by various modifiers, which can make it more dangerous.

Windy - ships are blown about when they enter the gas cloud, to a varying extent.

Dense/Thin - self explanatory. makes gas harvesting and the effects of the gas less/more prominent.

Stormy - increases the effectiveness of energy systems (when it is added) but does electromagnetic damage over time.

Rocky - as well as the asteroids that are already there, many additional, smaller asteroids are scattered about, making it hard for big ships to traverse without crashing.

those were a few of the ideas I came up with.

35 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

So basically you're saying DU should copy the EVE weather effects.

Never did gas mining myself, Didn't know I came up with something so similar ? 

it would be cool though, for PvP especially.