After reading DEVBLOG: THE FUTURE OF DU - P3/3

DuskLight

I am disappointed that the Devs still haven't realized that no NPCs = No game. Many Devs have tried and all have failed. I am aware that every development team has a vision they want to make a reality, however, the greater reality is simple; "Do you want to make money or not?" 
NQ has this backwards as they are trying to make the player do the grunt work of an NPC. PvP will never be a reality if players have to worry about making a living in a game. You are making us peasants and frankly, why in the world would I pay my hard earned money to spend hours digging a hole in the dirt just to make ends meet? Why even bother with DU? I could get the same exact results playing any one of the dozens of games that fall for the same trap. We need to move past the peasant player mentality and move forward into automation. My NPCs do the work for me so I can plan how to interact with fellow players in terms of economy, peace, and warfare. I say this with the hopes that I don't get crucified for my views. I say this because I have invested my hard earned money into the game and I want it to succeed. All in All, we are tired of doing grunt work which should be automated and given to NPCs while players can actually log in and manage their wealth and relationships with other players and NPC factions. 

Agreed, NPCs are in just about all games now. It helps fill the need that a lot of PVPers want.

I'm not a PVPer, I like building and crafting, but that doesn't mean I want to see PVP gone. So if NPCs will help keep the PVPers around, then in my opinion it should be added.

Aliens, animals, man-eating plant life to name just some ideas.

I’m not a PvPer, and if I was I do t think I would count a NPC as a real PvP option for combat.

Missions, yes NPC would be great, another method to add quanta to the game.

BUT... While I have no interest in the combat aspect in the slightest, as I really don’t like PvP (but have no issue with its existence and hope they make it great for those who want it), I’d probably get into combat if there was PvE.