No where to live ? Game killer ?

SpacePirate

Im looking to get off starter moon, but everywhere i look and scan is all mined out. Will subsurface ores respawn and how long will it take?

I asked in game and was told they never do.

Seriously guys if thats the case, regretably im out of the game, permenently or at least until devs either stop ppl mining off territory and reset all ore deposits, or put respawn mechanisim into the game.

Can someone please clarify the situation to me before i put (waste) any more time here.

Where are you scanning? I would move to alioth or madis. Plenty of ore there. The outer planets have lots and lots still. Tiles with 1m ore plus are getting harder to find and high tier stuff aswell but there is still plenty for a beginner especially.

You can find meganodes if you use territory scanners and especially a triscanner in the edge where the three tiles connected so each tile has exactly one scanner inside , then activate them and wait for the scan to complete .That so in 15 minutes you will have 3 scanner results . This is how i found them. Now if you go next to a district for example where most of the ore is gone you will not find anything. I suggest you spend some time scanning first and give it a go it is worth the time spending and you will find ore to mine. Now the ore is not respawing , and i am yelling at posts for reseeding some ore for serious reasons !Some agree some disagree ...Shout out and speak for that and dont just quit a game you probably like . Also maybe they will change things in future so nothing is standard as we are in a beta version now .

Keep playing if you like the game ...

Ore needed to build a starter base and "get going" is plentiful and found all around Alioth still or any other planet. Frankly I expect you are more not really experienced in looking for ores yet.

On Alioth travel 100-150KM away from the market area, claim a tile and start digging/building. Most of what you need to build can be done from inventory, get some basic schematics for industry as you go using your daily 150K .. 

4 hours ago, Habitant said:

You can find meganodes if you use territory scanners and especially a triscanner in the edge where the three tiles connected so each tile has exactly one scanner inside , then activate them and wait for the scan to complete .That so in 15 minutes you will have 3 scanner results . This is how i found them. Now if you go next to a district for example where most of the ore is gone you will not find anything. I suggest you spend some time scanning first and give it a go it is worth the time spending and you will find ore to mine. Now the ore is not respawing , and i am yelling at posts for reseeding some ore for serious reasons !Some agree some disagree ...Shout out and speak for that and dont just quit a game you probably like . Also maybe they will change things in future so nothing is standard as we are in a beta version now .

Keep playing if you like the game ...

Yeah i like the game, im only hand scanning atm no way i can afford a proper scanner atm. Your right, i have been scanning relativly close to markets. As for outter planets, they a bit to far for me atm till i can afford a warp drive. *its all about the money lol) With not being able to find ores as is, and the cost of schematics if i want to try to produce stuff to earn the money for scanners ec, well its a struggle. Struggle is fine its just disheartening that all i find are empty holes everywhere. Ive even tried the moons around madis, seems there is an infestation of ore eating giant sand worms on them. I would not mind setting up on an empty zone if the ores would respawn, but i dont see the point of moving from sanctuary now, theres no reason to leave if players cant get ores as they all been mined out.

To sub or not to sub? Well when i get hit with issues like this i kinda throw the toys outta the pram only to cry to mama to pick them back up for me. So im not stoping sub, just p***** about the issue, Maybe mama will give me an ice-cream soon and ill forget all about it.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Ore needed to build a starter base and "get going" is plentiful and found all around Alioth still or any other planet. Frankly I expect you are more not really experienced in looking for ores yet.

On Alioth travel 100-150KM away from the market area, claim a tile and start digging/building. Most of what you need to build can be done from inventory, get some basic schematics for industry as you go using your daily 150K .. 

Yep, Yep & Yep.

Cant afford a proper scanner lol and yeah i need to go a lot further out to hoefully find something. 150k daily is being spent on schematics, ive dug out my scantuary spot, cant find the deeper ores if there are even and on the starter moon? and almost mined out all the surface ores, now theres a grind lol

50 minutes ago, SpacePirate said:

Cant afford a proper scanner

Scanner costs what? 1.5M or so? That is easy to get by mining some T1 ore and selling it.

Scanner has a volume of 13kL so it fits nicely in an M container which is easily fitted on a basic hover with two flat L hovers and an L engine.

If you'd like a free BP for one that you can use DM me on Discord and we'll set it up

3 hours ago, SpacePirate said:

Yep, Yep & Yep.

Cant afford a proper scanner lol and yeah i need to go a lot further out to hoefully find something. 150k daily is being spent on schematics, ive dug out my scantuary spot, cant find the deeper ores if there are even and on the starter moon? and almost mined out all the surface ores, now theres a grind lol

You're hand scanning on sanc, there's your issue. Move to alioth and claim a tile that looks undisturbed and you'll be in much better shape.

4 hours ago, SpacePirate said:

Maybe mama will give me an ice-cream soon and ill forget all about it.

As other players have said, your starter planet is just that - your starter - get your feet on the ground and learn the basics. You'll need to travel to find higher tier ore's and most meganodes :) Happy exploring.. 

Oh.. and:

icecreamcone.PNG

5 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

As other players have said, your starter planet is just that - your starter - get your feet on the ground and learn the basics. You'll need to travel to find higher tier ore's and most meganodes :) Happy exploring.. 

Oh.. and:

icecreamcone.PNG

If only the tutorials told you that......

4 minutes ago, Snipey said:

If only the tutorials told you that......

They actually do, so does the first introduction.

Beyond that, some things should be left to find out and frankly OP is not even close to getting to the point of needing higher tier ores yet.

17 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

They actually do, so does the first introduction.

Beyond that, some things should be left to find out and frankly OP is not even close to getting to the point of needing higher tier ores yet.

As a member of a large org that had new players trickle in all the time I can say without a doubt they did not tell you that. I have rescued so many players from sanctuary who have only been picking up rocks for DAYS some for WEEKS.

3 hours ago, Snipey said:

As a member of a large org that had new players trickle in all the time I can say without a doubt they did not tell you that. I have rescued so many players from sanctuary who have only been picking up rocks for DAYS some for WEEKS.

I guess you never saw the mining tutorial then I guess.. and neither did they.. 

The introduction talks about how some high tier ore is deep in the ground as I recall it and the new player is clearly advised to go do the tutorials, one of which is all about locating and then extracting ores from the ground.

So if someone has been picking up rocks even for days on sanctuary they have not been paying attention.

Now I'll certainly agree the introduction is so long and has so much that really has no relevance to getting players started (and could be brought in as part of the actual tutorials really), but it is there.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

I guess you never saw the mining tutorial then I guess.. and neither did they.. 

The introduction talks about how some high tier ore is deep in the ground as I recall it and the new player is clearly advised to go do the tutorials, one of which is all about locating and then extracting ores from the ground.

So if someone has been picking up rocks even for days on sanctuary they have not been paying attention.

Now I'll certainly agree the introduction is so long and has so much that really has no relevance to getting players started (and could be brought in as part of the actual tutorials really), but it is there.

You mean the institutes that are not mandatory to leave the starting building???

I mean the tutorials that are available through _any_ surrogate VR station (as explained in the introduction and in the release notes when that was introduced). You know.. that Surrogate VR station the introduction advises new players to buy once they get their base set up on Sanctuary.

New player accesses the VR station, the first thing they see is a big tab labelled "Tutorial" on the top of the screen

unknown.png

12 hours ago, Snipey said:

You mean the institutes that are not mandatory to leave the starting building???

Do you think new players would like being required to complete all those tutorials before they are allowed to leave the starting building?

I don't think anyone would like that.

Back when we were playing 8-16 hours a day we toyed with the idea of putting up MTI billboards on all the Sanctuary spaceports that told new players (Get in, Plop Down  your free TU, Get out!, You're welcome -MTI).  You are better off deleting your free TU and using that time to mine surface ore or unclaimed tile ore on Alioth until you have the money/resources gathered to get away from there even.

Sanctuary is a trap.  Long ago my bud and I wasted our whole first week there till we got evacced to Madis (Thank you Thunderblaze) and never looked back.

I am only 13K from one of the second ring of markets on Alioth and am still digging things out from my claim - plenty of ores down there - I am seeing ores down at -700m - you just have to go down then out. Also make sure you train your scanning skills up. Want that scanner radius as big as possible!!

Mega nodes and rares are gone (I have found the holes left!) but still digging up 30K nodes.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, Revelcro said:

Back when we were playing 8-16 hours a day we toyed with the idea of putting up MTI billboards on all the Sanctuary spaceports that told new players (Get in, Plop Down  your free TU, Get out!, You're welcome -MTI).  You are better off deleting your free TU and using that time to mine surface ore or unclaimed tile ore on Alioth until you have the money/resources gathered to get away from there even.

Sanctuary is a trap.  Long ago my bud and I wasted our whole first week there till we got evacced to Madis (Thank you Thunderblaze) and never looked back.

I used Sancturary Mooon to mine the rock, gather up the money I need.. then take the FREE shuttle to alioth where I could then start a real base to start the game with.

7 hours ago, UnscriptedVert said:

I used Sancturary Mooon to mine the rock, gather up the money I need.. then take the FREE shuttle to alioth where I could then start a real base to start the game with.

This - sanctuary is fine to scoop up some starting cash.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, blazemonger said:

I enjoyed rock gathering. I just wish there was a way to make it more profitable for anybody apart from beginners. I was very disappointed when I got to the outer planets and found I couldn’t surface gather higher tier ores out there. Maybe I’ll be able to on asteroids.