How to claim a water tile?

realMod

16 minutes ago, realMod said:

Where do I need to put the Territory Unit? At the bottom of the water area?

Can a ship go underwater?

What I have seen a lot of players do is put the Territory Unit on the ground below the water. And then build up a platform that is just barely above the water.

EDIT : I believe they put the landing platform above the water line, because if I recall correctly, ships cannot fly under water. I could be wrong on that. But every time I have crashed under water, I have not been able to fly out.

18 minutes ago, UnscriptedVert said:

What I have seen a lot of players do is put the Territory Unit on the ground below the water. And then build up a platform that is just barely above the water.

EDIT : I believe they put the landing platform above the water line, because if I recall correctly, ships cannot fly under water. I could be wrong on that. But every time I have crashed under water, I have not been able to fly out.

Unless they changed something, ships can definitely fly underwater. The hover booster will fight to throw you back to the surface but can be overridden by holding the down thrust key.

1 minute ago, Burble said:

Unless they changed something, ships can definitely fly underwater. The hover booster will fight to throw you back to the surface but can be overridden by holding the down thrust key.

Good to know. I will have to try that next time I crash in the water.

Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, realMod said:

Is there a limit as to how many tiles 1 avatar can claim at the same time?

Each TCU gives you one hex. You can purchase (or build) as many as you wish and deploy as many as you wish.

only two restraints;

1. You can only have one on the Sanctuary Moon

2. Each one you deploy costs more to deploy than the previous one (for the same planet. The count is planet based, not player base).

I also claimed some tiles using my org . Organization tiles cost me 

1) 500k quanta for org creation 

2) 500k for first tile 

3) 120k for second tile

4) 480k  for the third

i didnt pay for fourth

hope that helps