New Content ?

UnscriptedVert

I read earlier that some would like to see new content in the game. I personally agree with this. So I started this thread to see what others would like to see in the game. Here is what I would like to see personally.

In star trek and star wars you have buttons and switches for the bridge panels and such. I have seen a lot of Star Trek and Star Wars ships in the game, but they all lack proper bridges, do to the lack of buttons and switches. Sure we have a "button" and a switch, but they are huge bulky items that you can't really make a bridge look good with. So what I am proposing is more of a veriety of toggleable buttons and switches ( smaller realistic looking ). Think old school star trek, with the bridge full of buttons and switches.

Another thing I would like to see is Rotors and Motors and Pistons.

Example, a Rotor to rotate objects or items. Motors so that we can make, for example, helicoptors and planes, so we can see props moving. And pistons for things like an X-Wing Star Wars ship which has wings that can fold up. These are just examples, but hopefully gets the point across.

The ability to add sound to our objects, like to buttons for example.

Right now, the world is lifeless with Static ships and Cities. These little "additions" could make a city / ship come alive.

How about the ability to make roads in the game, not just voxels ABOVE the ground. But actual asphalt in the ground, like a normal road should be. This leads to actual wheels that rotate when your vehical drives on those roads. ( Ground vehicals is what I'm getting at. ) Tractors and other vehicals would be a nice addition. This also means to add a visible distinction between the voxel ground that we can dig up, and the ability to show that we made a dirt road as well.

Farms. Why not ?

Of course, all of this is just brain storming ideas, and I don't expect to see any of it in the game, but hopefully it gets the ball rolling as to what players might like to see, so that this universe comes alive.

Unfortunately the technology isn't quite there yet to have roads and wheels and stuff like that. It is technically possible, but having wheels is much more unreliable than hovers since wheels demand proper collisions and hovers only need a simple height check. Even if they did work; people would just use hovers anyway, so there isn't much of a point. In terms of rotors, motors and pistons, NQ have stated that it is technically possible, but since moving elements don't really present that many gameplay changes (along with the potential performance issues it could bring) it would take too much dev time to be worth working on. Who knows though, we might get them. Just don't count on it happening, as i'm sure NQ is busy with other features right now.

14 minutes ago, Shaman said:

Unfortunately the technology isn't quite there yet to have roads and wheels and stuff like that. It is technically possible, but having wheels is much more unreliable than hovers since wheels demand proper collisions and hovers only need a simple height check. Even if they did work; people would just use hovers anyway, so there isn't much of a point. In terms of rotors, motors and pistons, NQ have stated that it is technically possible, but since moving elements don't really present that many gameplay changes (along with the potential performance issues it could bring) it would take too much dev time to be worth working on. Who knows though, we might get them. Just don't count on it happening, as i'm sure NQ is busy with other features right now.

I agree, the tech may not be there yet. However, at least if they are aware of the needs / wants of the playerbase, they can slowly integrate it in. So the sooner we mention this stuff, the better.

EDIT : As for people not using wheels, there are those who made cars, and even trucks of various forms. Same with airplanes and helicopters. There are even youtubers who show these creations in their videos.

14 hours ago, Pyroboros said:

Content is supposed to be the Players responsibility. If you want Content ask for the Quintillion Players that play the Game to come up whit some Ideas. 

I did come up with an idea, hence, this post. ;)

Anyhow, the content I am speaking about allows players to build other content. Example : You can't make working functional motors and rotors in game. We need that kind of content added to the game.

I can appreciate the aesthetic desire, but wheels and SE's clang-engines can stay in SE. Better to just have an element that produces some manner of speed-controlled wheel-hologram, and have elements that adjust their location/facing as a specific feature of that element (or again with holograms that produce the appearance of movement simulating the desired look).

5 hours ago, Taelessael said:

I can appreciate the aesthetic desire, but wheels and SE's clang-engines can stay in SE. Better to just have an element that produces some manner of speed-controlled wheel-hologram, and have elements that adjust their location/facing as a specific feature of that element (or again with holograms that produce the appearance of movement simulating the desired look).

Well with that logic, you might as well remove trees and grass, oh and engines, they all serve no purpose other then asthetic. Avorion does this very idea, they use nothing but blocks for all the parts of their ship. So with your logic, you might as well remove everything aesthetic and just have blocks all over this game.

No thanks, that game exists already.