Is it just me, or is galvanised steel looking a bit... noisy?

Shaman

Galvanized steel is steel that is galvanized or zinc-ed. Galvanization is a process of coating steel surface with zinc through hot-dipping to make it more resistant against rusting. You will use such steel type on conditions that require it. For example, a street sign: outside, it rains and that sign will eventually rust if it doesn't have such a coating. You coat the steel to increase it's service life, that's all. Galvanized steel is supposed to look like that unpainted.

The only thing unrealistic is you still see the galvanization on colored galvanized steels in this game. I mean if you painted it, you wouldn't see the galvanization anymore but the paint on the surface. 

4 hours ago, Eternal said:

Galvanized steel is steel that is galvanized or zinc-ed. Galvanization is a process of coating steel surface with zinc through hot-dipping to make it more resistant against rusting. You will use such steel type on conditions that require it. For example, a street sign: outside, it rains and that sign will eventually rust if it doesn't have such a coating. You coat the steel to increase it's service life, that's all. Galvanized steel is supposed to look like that unpainted.

The only thing unrealistic is you still see the galvanization on colored galvanized steels in this game. I mean if you painted it, you wouldn't see the galvanization anymore but the paint on the surface. 

How was your commute today?

18 hours ago, SpaceBird said:

The word you're looking for is 'Spangle' and that's how actual galvanized steel looks:

TIL!

well, guess I'm going to have to find a replacement texture for, like, ALL of my ships.