Live Support Initiative Feedback

NQ-Deckard

Very welcome, It's promising to see the things players value returned back to the way they're needed. I believe if someone is found to be misusing such help they should be banned and that should be made very clear from NQ. Examples of this would be having a ship teleported outside the pvp zone and things like that. 

As we learned at the start of beta if people are able to abuse without fear of punishment they will do it and it was very bad. I know staff started looking into situations towards the end and I strongly encourage this approach to helping once again. 

This is awesome Initiative that will not only help existing players but also help all the new players coming into the game. This has been needed for the longest time and is this going to work through the weekends aswell if not then Monday-Friday just isn't going to work to be honest with the increase of players at the weekend due to work etc . The support needs to be weekends aswell.

Hope the awesome work continues 

:)

It's very refreshing to see something like fetch return.  I think it was taken away a bit too soon, though it does cut into my business of selling rescue ships ;-).  That said, if we're going to have the fetch command, I think it's important to allow legates to fetch org-owned ships.  I have almost no ships owned by my character personally, everything is org-owned.  I imagine that's the same for a lot of players with a lot of constructs.  

As much as I like how this sounds and miss actually getting support. Can you figure out a way to actually answer support tickets in a timely manner before adding more things on the plate of your 2 support reps?

I have a ticket that's been open for more then a month someone asked for more info I provided that 21 days and still no reply. When I started support was awesome through discord etc. Not sure if everyone quite or you just gave up on supporting the game. Its not just me I know of others who have had tickets in for even longer with no reply back, Your ticketing system is a black hole!

• Fetching ships stuck in the sky above a planet (if Fetch did not work).
    That happen if you enter atmosphere at very high speed, it's not to support to deal with that !

• Even the fetch option itself, is in 99% of the time use to bugexploit (teleporting ressource), in normal case there is no reason that a ship go underground, except if you hit ground at very high speed

I'm fed up to see support loosing time with player that just crash on the planete, you crash your ship, it's your fault. I play this game for 2 years and I or anyone in my corporation never use fetch for a legit reason

Hope that NQ will be able to see who abuse of this mechanics, but still sad that someone will loose it's time to monitor any abuse

3 hours ago, sysadrift said:

It's very refreshing to see something like fetch return. 

I think. 24 hours cool down is too much. 

With restrictions announced (having to be on groud, only in planet, 4km range) it should be like once a hour or so. 

1 hour ago, Aranol said:

I play this game for 2 years and I or anyone in my corporation never use fetch for a legit reason

You want a medal? 

Fetch is needed because some crap that happens is not player's fault. 

When game freezes on ground approach and next frame you got is already you being dead. Thats not a simple "player that crashed on a planet" 

When game freezes, and lua stops responding on hover activation its not that player's fault. 

When game does not render and when it does, your ship is blowing it self up underground its not that player's fault. 

Abuses are abuses and exploits are explots. But NQ has to give support to player trapped in DU bugs. Independent on how many ppl exploit it afterwards. 

I feel this is a good step forward. 

And also "lol" at "live support" 

Because it reminds me of "life support"

When i 1st read the title the 1st thing that came to my head was DU, laying on a hospital bed full of tubes, with a NQ dev, dressed as a doctor saying "350V, Clear! ... PezzZzZzed"

Abother saying "its still flat lining!" 

"Increase to 400v, Clear!... PezzZzZZed" 

I am happy to see NQ actively engaging with the DU community again. Knowing that the support is there if you need it restores confidence in the game. I am not really sure how a player could use one fetch command per day as a exploit or /unstuck to teleport in any reliable way as an exploit. I still play every day, and am glad to see some of these safety nets restored.

I would also like to agree with the gentlemen's message from above though. Sometimes the ticket system does seem like a black hole

10 hours ago, Aranol said:
  • I play this game for 2 years and I or anyone in my corporation never use fetch for a legit reason

I play this game since the very beginning and I had many occurrences when I would have needed both /fetch and /unstuck functions.
One example being when I went to a District, but it did not load. So I landed and re-logged (so that the District would be visible again) but after relogging I found myself, ship and all INSIDE the District building underground.
There was no way to get out - either me or the ship.

Another one is when because if lag my ship kept sliding and not stopping until I fell in a 2km deep crevasse and I had to contact Support to teleport my ship out.
BTW, there were MANY other ships on the bottom of that crevasse - see, they would have needed both functions.

The game urgently needs to generate resource consumption.

-You have to increase the cost of manufacturing fuel, warp cells and scraps.

-We must prevent the parts of the ships from being used eternally, allowing the repair with scrap to only be able to repair the object to the minimum point of use, to allow it to fly to the base or market where it can be replaced.

-It is also necessary to implement pirate NPCs in PVE environments so that players can learn to fight, design combat ships, without having to directly enter PvP, and at the same time create a quanta generation environment as well as ship loss.

-It is also necessary to include a maintenance cost of the TCU, to avoid the false colonization of territory by players who will not play again and to generate a demand for resources, since this maintenance could be through fuel or some similar product, type energy cell.

Thanks for the chance to voice my opinions.

It is great to perfect the game. Kudos for that.

After starting at the very beginning, it is time to increase the travel and exploration of the game.

For a number or years now I have traveled to every planet and moons dozens of times. I have made and traded millions of Quanta of products.

I have mined until I cannot mine any more, designed ships, and now tend to leave the game for days at a time.

I believe it is time for DU to give us something new:-  a new planet, asteroid mining, something to explore, a new solar system with all your new perfections there and not in the current one. Please - something- anything!!!!!

I really enjoy the game but it is currently THE MOST BORING GAME compared to Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, No Man's Sky and relevant games.

I think it is time to keep your long termers interested and give us Hamsters something new to feed on!

On 4/16/2021 at 7:30 PM, Peckem said:

I have mined until I cannot mine any more, designed ships, and now tend to leave the game for days at a time.

Me too ! I feel exhausted since i played 4 months  exactly continuously 16 hours a day or more... and now i feel exhausted i need some rest so i probably will be joining day by day or something but its not the content that made me so tired . It is that i tried to master the game so quickly and at some point i cannot play as i played before . If i rest for some time a week or two i think i will be able to come back and play more . It is a first person 3d game and that is hard sometimes for players like me it gets dizzy sometimes... I remember the time i ve built my first  large static core and when i climb up to 130 m i got dizzy its so realistic omfg !

Of course new things are welcome to come in DU that will spread the load of boringness ...

Habitant

Habitants Organization

On 4/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, Peckem said:

I really enjoy the game but it is currently THE MOST BORING GAME compared to Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, No Man's Sky and relevant games.

I think it is time to keep your long termers interested and give us Hamsters something new to feed on!

I don't agree on this. It is all about projects and meaning. For example we have an ongoing project that approx. require 3-5 years to complete if everything goes well planned. So no time for boring, but planning, surviving and planning again. Unborrowed vision is the key!

But hey a new planet, asteroid mining, something to explore, a new solar system would be great of course. But if we look past 3 years of DU evolution/progress we can easily see a great success story of a small metaverse company.