Ship for repair and refuel

realMod

Will there ever be an option to not have an Avatar taking care of repair and refuel?

For me this is always not fun having to do that using an avatar.

This idea is more for stranded ships.

Have a "beam" or something like this take care of the repair and refuel, together with a payment option.

There is this other topic of rest stops:

1 hour ago, realMod said:

How do the ingame "repair units" work?

They repair Voxel damage from PvP combat. They also remove damaged elements and replace then with new ones from your stock.

Problem is they destroy your damaged elements, and you can’t tell them not to remove them. So generally you repair all the elements, then you start the machine repairing the voxels on your ship, and come back in three hours.

NB:. You need to take a snapshot of your ship in good condition, as the repair machine just repairs tomthat state.

Just a player so no idea how/if they plan on improving them, but ideas I’d like to eventually see...

1. Have scrap, the higher level the faster your elements are automatically repaired

2. Have a menu for each element and be able to select at which level of remaining lives you want to repair vs replace

3. Have RDMS set so for example I can set a price for each honeycomb and each element used, and if they agree it repairs their ship and I get paid, so people can run repair shops. 

• 4 weeks later...