Mission system is badly needed (hauler for ressources / delivery jobs)

realMod

16 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

Currently (I believe) you can give somebody permission to pick up stuff from the market for you (May benorgs only, haven’t tested). The problem is this gives them the ability to pick up every thing you have in every market.

plus there is no way to ensure they deliver. Missions I assume would have insurance for them not completing mission, bond, etc.

How about the packaging? And Dropoff would in in a "read-only" container?

Reputation system? If someone steals on purpose -> impact.

I sometimes think this is re-inventing the wheel.

Or how is it done in other games?

16 hours ago, UnscriptedVert said:

Why doesn't NQ implement a Drone Based Delivery System ? Picture it in your mind for a second. Look at Star Wars as an example. The sky is full of tiny ships, and most look like cargo shuttles.

I posted this in the IDEA section of the forum.

From my understanding DU is about human beings interaction.

On purpose there are no NPCs, compared with other games in the same setting.

So there are possibilities for people who want to engange in the trucking business.

26 minutes ago, realMod said:

So there are possibilities for people who want to engange in the trucking business.

That I can understand. It's why I added player created drones as an added content idea. So even if NQ didn't want to create NPC drones, players still could. But it's just an idea.

4 hours ago, realMod said:

Sure, that's one idea DU has....but it's more of an aspiration than a real design. 

NPCs fill an important role in most every MMO ever made. They are an integral part of the design and economy.

For most games, NPCs are how currency is "printed" into the game. Right now, the only way fresh money is created in DU is through a daily login bonus and ore bots. 

DU wanted a game where "players do everything", but the role that NPCs fill was never really considered -- they didn't create some alternative concept that would make the game work better without NPCs. "Could they make DU work without NPCs?" isn't really the question....it's "would DU work better with NPCs?"

I think it would. 

They should be created by players to tie industry, building, and PVP all together. NPCs could help create more security and order around denser pockets of civilization, give pirates more opportunities, create conflicts between orgs as they attack rival NPC ships, and give builders/industrials more things to build and maintain. 

At least IMO, NPCs would help DU a lot more than they would hurt it -- the only real argument against it is "well NQ wants it to only be players"...but why? What does that actually do for the game beyond making it feel empty...? 

22 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

Currently (I believe) you can give somebody permission to pick up stuff from the market for you (May benorgs only, haven’t tested). The problem is this gives them the ability to pick up every thing you have in every market.

plus there is no way to ensure they deliver. Missions I assume would have insurance for them not completing mission, bond, etc.

There is a box for collateral in the missions system that was on the pts

5 hours ago, realMod said:

How about the packaging? And Dropoff would in in a "read-only" container?

Reputation system? If someone steals on purpose -> impact.

I sometimes think this is re-inventing the wheel.

Or how is it done in other games?

You just described what they had on the PTS already built.

NQ has brainwashed the mission system from the players minds like it was never on the pts 3 months ago.