PTS incentives

TonyTones

Loving the communication NQ!    Reading the news, I see you would like people to dig a-lot on the PTS, there might need to be some incentive for that in order to get a large number of people to do it. Idk what or how but just an idea. Also incentives for bug hunting and reporting would be cool.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see? 

I think bug reporting is easier to say pay x amount of quanta or talent points (tp probably better) on the live server for the first x amount of reports. I say first x amount of reports because an org or someone with alts can find 1 bug and report it a hundred times. Potential downside here is if there are ancient bugs that aren't being fixed yet for a reason, there will be tones and tones of new reports flying in. The amount of quanta/talent points would be a tough one. If quanta, I would pay enough for bug reporting to make it worthwhile to chase down bugs, so maybe 5m per bug that's legit and only to the first 5 people. Talent points maybe a day's worth. I think that's in the 150k range. 

For actions like digging or flying or building on the PTS, That's a bit trickier because you'd need to quantify the work someone did. If there was some way to track that someone is active on the PTS and not just afk, then maybe they get something for that. Not perfect, but probably the easiest way. For compensation, that depends on how it's measured. If hours can be tracked then a rate per hour can be figured out. The catch is, veteran players will not see it being worth it unless its a couple mill an hour but making a couple mill an hour on the PTS would make spending time on the PTS the preferred money making method for new players. That pretty much just leaves talent points that are applied to the live server character at half the rate or less. So for example if you do something for an hour on PTS, you log back into live and see 2k (or whatever) new talent points. This would probably need to be done by hand though so that's a-lot of dev time unless a system was developed.

Ideally there would be cosmetics so that the PTS can't impact the live server. There's always a middle currency between money and the thing you want so maybe PTS time and bug reporting can reward some of that currency. Maybe special tester skins you can only get as a tester. 

Knowing that this is all difficult, maybe just an in-game list of notable PTS contributors is enough to get some people interested.

I'll probably get some heat for the answer but that's what I personally think. thanks for the response

On 4/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, NQ-Naerais said:

Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see? 

It’s going to be hard to convince people to dig on the PTS as grinding isn’t a fun part of the game.

...But since a lot of us spend a lot of time digging anyhow, if there was a way to measure how much we mined on the PTS and then shove the ore we mined onto our account on the regular server, maybe waiting for us in one of our market containers I’m sure you could get a lot more people making holes all over the PTS.

Yes it would be abused. Because the location of a mega on the PTS is the same place as it is on the live server, so people would mine both. But I don’t see this as that much of a issue, because you already know people are going onto the PTS which they effectively have unlimited resources, buying huge amount of scanners, and doing bulk scanning and using that to find megas they then go and mine on the regular server already. All this would do would encourage them to dig a hole on the PTS as well.