The future of DU in a YouTube video]?

Vasten

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Are this gamigo guys the ones that adquired DU(replaced CEO) ? 

Less about the company, more about the process.  It's good to know how these things work and then see what a game like DU does with its own product.  The video is just a heads up to the warning signs of what could happen.  So pay less attention to what is said in public forums by PR people and pay close attention to what the company actually does with both it's workforce and pricing model.

I'm not going to watch that video, but i'm guessing it's about Rift.

Gamigo didn't kill Rift.  They bought it after it died of old age, so they could do a little "Weekend at Bernie's" with it to squeeze out a few more dollars.

Rift was an awesome game, at it's peak.  Nothing really new or original about it, but it was a fun EQ/WoW clone.

DU is going to need eight years of success under it's belt before you can start drawing parallels though.

cant blame the likes of gamigo at all, if anything we should be thankful they put the misery out of these games, as it frees up real resources which are people to do something new ... also it makes room for competition, improvement and innovation. ?

as for the idiots raging on about "thier games "dying and being ripped off,  well no sympathy from me...