Hey I just got the Game, and dang did you all forget to optimize the New Player area.

CougarOne

I can't play this game,  I am well bummed out.   The lag is real,  I dont understand all the stutter in movement but it makes it unplayable for me.  I tried different resolutions  everything  and this is just crap, Maybe take another look at your new player area and optimize it a bit or do something, last thing you want is for new players screaming holly mother refund now.   

any tips or suggestions would help.  my pc is pretty good I7  its not my pc  but man,  what a bummer.   

Hi and welcome.. 

The game will need some time to load all voxel data and some districts wil be laggy as no real optimization is done yet.

I'd suggest using the #-help-game-assistance channel on the DU Discord to get more "live" assistance.

The game has a rather big initial learning curve but once you get over that it gets more clear quickly. Also, check THIS page which has some suggestions regarding getting started and talents you should train.

Tutorials are accessible through any "Surrogate VR station". If you follow the introduction, once you get to Sanctuary and are asked to buy items, add the VR station (or build one in your nanoformer) and place it on your initial construct, you can then use that to access tutorials.

Firstly welcome!  so nice to see someone new start the game.  Org's can help new players have a look out for some and of course use a VR terminal to do the tutorials.  What system spec's do you have?  I used to have 16gb ram but upgraded to 32 and saw a massive difference.

good luck!

Honvik

Premier of the Empire Org

OKay i adjusted some of the settings,  and waited a bit  i was able to do some of the tutorials.     The building tutorial  killed me,  the whole copying the cylinders changing them,  changing the vortex.  copy the vortex,  copy the vortex square,  copy a row of vortex squares  turn them around ,  turn them vertical.      I lost it.  Yea,  no thanks,   I hit esc  and quit game.  holy mother,  maybe i will come back some other time,  but man,    that gave me the biggest headache.   

28 minutes ago, CougarOne said:

OKay i adjusted some of the settings,  and waited a bit  i was able to do some of the tutorials.     The building tutorial  killed me,  the whole copying the cylinders changing them,  changing the vortex.  copy the vortex,  copy the vortex square,  copy a row of vortex squares  turn them around ,  turn them vertical.      I lost it.  Yea,  no thanks,   I hit esc  and quit game.  holy mother,  maybe i will come back some other time,  but man,    that gave me the biggest headache.   

New player experience in DU is among the worst I've ever seen in any game. 

Tutorials break all the time. Lag is unbearable. Even the nature of the tutorials is wrong -- Go to Sanctuary, find a tile 10-15 minutes away from the market by speeder, then go back and forth to the market several times until done. Sure, some players know to skip this whole arc and settle on Alioth, but the average new player doesn't. 

This game has some enormous tech debt that needs to be settled before they can even think about release. 

Hello and welcome aboard. Sorry to hear you had such a rough arrival. 

We know the starter area is rough, the team is working on ways to reduce the lag as well as make the tutorial a little easier to digest. But these things take time. Right now, if you like, we can move you away from the starter area to get you started, just open a request here: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us