This forum.

Jinxed

Whose great idea was it to have the edit and share buttons at the top of the post?

Say I write a post, I then proofread it a few minutes after posting (need time to reset the brain to notice one’s own mistakes)...

Then I have to scroll all the way back to the top of the post and click on a pull down menu button to reveal the edit function, then click edit. 

or say I read a post and want to share it... I have to go back to the top of the post and click. 

yeah, I know it’s not a big deal, and the white knights will say: but you’re just lazy. 

Still, the point stands that it seems as little thought has gone into the forum ui as the skills ui. 

At least the quote button is at the bottom. Lol. 

42 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Regardless of color scheme, using a serif font for the relatively small text sizes in a forum is a big nono. But we are back to sans serif now, so I can live with this.

It was serif? I think your client likely missed a font reference or something... Haven't really seen a serif font on a web page other than the New York Times. LOL.

Not sure I entirely agree. Back before discus and Facebook plugins, I used to build website and forum solutions for customers using tools like phpbb and yaBB strapped onto MySQL/MariaDB.

More recently I get requests to build Vanilla and Discourse solutions and while they are free im not sure they were actually any better than this.

The problem with many forum ms is that they remain off-the-shelf and generic in many cases because customers who request solutions based on free software are not usually willing to fork out money for “pointless” customization.

there is nothing wrong with this forum. It is one of the better ones, IMO. It’s just that it has not been customized for ease of use. 

The fact that a drop down menu has only option rather than just having the option itself as an icon and aforementioned ridiculously unergonomic user flow are prime examples. 

I very, very much doubt that just switching to another, different forum solution would be any better since most are generic and thus unoptimized on install and would likely suffer the same NQ treatment of “install and ignore” as this one.