How to get the devs on track

Vasten

Force them all to play the game 1 hour per day, on a fresh account to understand how how broken the economy is

And make them use a vpn connected to a random geographical location each time so they can feel our lag pain

You speak like every single dev is guilty. 

Just so you know, most devs play the game, alone, with non admin anonymous accounts. 

But the one giving priority to "stories" are not the individual devs. 

Managers need to test the game, not devs. 

And they could do it professionally with a test team. 

Also game lag can be solved technically. 

But how do you solve the lack of "fun"? 

Thats what they have to give priority. 

not managers, there should be a Quality assurance team doing the tests, and a team to do the releases. test should be independent from managers developers or anyone who is connected to the actual work on the stuff. Thatis a simple thing in normal production, development and research environments. if the one doing it, getting credits for it, and releasing it is one and the same person, yeah you get what you ask for....

The development whent wrong when they stopped listening to the testers and started telling "we will fix that later" "we think that will be no issue" "later when we have..."

and it ended with patches forced although testers kept telling, dont do it.   And finally, if NQ was honest and just did what they told they would do with people breaking rules yeah then there would still be a community that believed in them, now the community knows rules are only for some, patches are thrown in without giving a shit what testers say and reporting issues on stuff like crowded markets or other lag inducing stuff is just neglected.

What should happen? Get those fingers out your ears, the mud out of your eyes and actually listen to the players testing it, and use independent testers to actually make hours doing the boring shit in stead of just copy pasting stuff to test things. Who ever came up with the idea that people who want to play a space civilization simulation game want to spend 99% of their time doing boring shit to be able to actually play 1%.

Now burn me down :)  i will be disappointed if that does not happen.

27 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Now burn me down :)  i will be disappointed if that does not happen.

No burnings, but let's mind the language please. 

To answer some of the questions/comments...

We do have internal test teams, and yes we all play on normal non-admin accounts.  ;) We also have internal playtests on our dev builds.