Late to the party

Goonch

So I'm 3 days new today. I had never heard about this game til it popped up on YouTube recommended when I was searching out Star Citizen.
Space you say? Build your own ships you say?  How could I say no?  SO I gave the 3 month subscription a shot.  Being a successful avatar in Second Life gave me the ability to drop some of that good fortune into Star Citizen. SO it only seems natural this would be a perfect fit for me... somewhere between the two.  I would say the game does remind me of the earliest days in Second Life, some of the same problems and some of the same hopes for something still to come.
Unfortunately, I came in the same day someone else was stepping down.  So who knows were I will be when my initial subscription ends..  I dont break easy so I doubt the learning curve will get me.  In SL, I owned (Rented Servers) 30+private islands and was a decent in-game script hack. Im hoping I can get my teeth into some scripting in Dual Universe soon too, I have a bunch of idea's, but I need to find the scripting limitations first ...........I have 87 days left in my subscription  You have 87 days to tolerate me

2 hours ago, Goonch said:

So I'm 3 days new today. I had never heard about this game til it popped up on YouTube recommended when I was searching out Star Citizen.
Space you say? Build your own ships you say?  How could I say no?  SO I gave the 3 month subscription a shot.  Being a successful avatar in Second Life gave me the ability to drop some of that good fortune into Star Citizen. SO it only seems natural this would be a perfect fit for me... somewhere between the two.  I would say the game does remind me of the earliest days in Second Life, some of the same problems and some of the same hopes for something still to come.
Unfortunately, I came in the same day someone else was stepping down.  So who knows were I will be when my initial subscription ends..  I dont break easy so I doubt the learning curve will get me.  In SL, I owned (Rented Servers) 30+private islands and was a decent in-game script hack. Im hoping I can get my teeth into some scripting in Dual Universe soon too, I have a bunch of idea's, but I need to find the scripting limitations first ...........I have 87 days left in my subscription  You have 87 days to tolerate me

Welcome and enjoy. Currently the game is pretty fun (imo) if you like mining and building/scripting, but there is a lot more to come hopefully this year, such as territory warfare and asteroid mining. 

If you need any help, there are a lot of good folks on Discord. See you in game :P

3 hours ago, Goonch said:

Welcome.

If you need a spaceship blueprint I can gift you one of mine (visit my YouTube Channel to see the ships).

Bear in mind that if you get the L-Core blueprints, you will have to buy the elements and materials which cost 100+ Million Q though :)

Welcome ! Never too late to a party ! Its just getting slowly better

Also playing second life ! There your builds are more precise i think with mesh and 3d modeling stuff , I also suggested audio per hex in idea box like SL.

I used to play SL back in the early noughties.  Loved it. Only stopped visiting when my favourite haunts (blade runner city being the most notable and a place called Paradise Island, I think) disappeared. 

I tried it again when my Oculus Rift arrived with patches to make it VR capable. And there there was a new project SL2 or some such, but the magic was gone for me and SL was a mere shadow of its former self. 

The amazing creativity on display from individuals and real organizations like Sony and IIRC even Gap had an SL presence for a bit. 

IMO, SL was pretty much the perfect VR.  I always imagine wha tit would have been like today if it had continued to flourish instead of the 2D web. 

that’s why I love DU so much. It reminds me of the early days of SL!

I look forward to seeing what you can build with DU’s versatile voxel tech (once you learn it’s foibles).