Newbie question: Pilot controlled battleship possible?

DocOrange

Hello. as a total newbie in the game I need a long term objective. My question is: Is a pilot controlled battleship with a large amount of turrets possible or does every turret another player controller as in Star Citizen? So do you need a crew for the large combat ships?

Just now, DocOrange said:

So I'm out. Back to the MMO Eve Online where I can fly a Titan solo ;)

Yep. Don't blame ya...especially since operating a turret has no game to it. 

Not like you actually aim...it's just occupying space to occupy space. People complain about there not being enough PvP all the time...but it's so damn boring.

"Mining simulator" is bad...but I'm especially not interested in "sitting in a chair" simulator. 

Only to be shure and not leaving because of a misunderstanding. There is no LUA or whatever possibility to mount - lets say 10 or 100 turrets on a ship and give a command to auto fire all weapons to an opponent? You have to control each single weapon with a real player and the player aims and fires?

21 minutes ago, DocOrange said:

Only to be shure and not leaving because of a misunderstanding. There is no LUA or whatever possibility to mount - lets say 10 or 100 turrets on a ship and give a command to auto fire all weapons to an opponent? You have to control each single weapon with a real player and the player aims and fires?

No, it's lock and fire. No aiming involved. You stare at a screen for hours. Click enemy to autoaim and click again to fire weapons. Thats it. 

Can't fly a battleship with 100 guns solo, you need a Crew to repair too.

9 minutes ago, DocOrange said:

I found exactly this in the following video. So there must be a way to do this.

Solo Ship with 3 guns

Afaik 3 guns is max for Solo. If you can actually do more then im pretty sure it will be nerfed. NQ always wanted this to be a group effort and not a solo game 

1 hour ago, DocOrange said:

Hello. as a total newbie in the game I need a long term objective. My question is: Is a pilot controlled battleship with a large amount of turrets possible or does every turret another player controller as in Star Citizen? So do you need a crew for the large combat ships?

Currently there is a way to exploit a NQ louse end and control both piloting and 1 combat seat. But it involves allot of lua, lowers game performance and is very likely to be "fixed" 

4 hours ago, DocOrange said:

I don't think you need to worry about a long term objective for this game.

3 hours ago, DocOrange said:

Should I spend months building a battleship?

This is a game I used to play in 1989 called M1 Tank Plantoon. If you can make it run then it would be worth checking out before you spend months building a battle ship.

m1_tank.jpg?width=760&height=475

The problem is not that each weapon system requires a separate gunner usually.  The problem is there is nobody to sit in all the chairs.

If you are looking for pvp regardless though I would give DU a hard pass.  The game is just not designed to make that fun.

There is a Work Around.  I Think..

The Location you are in when you enter and exit the pilot seat is usually in the same position, In space, less worry about Gravity, U can have your Gunner seats close to your Pilot seat, and while in space, switch seats Midflight or Fight... Im hypothesizing