Where is everyone?

Xsarec

2 hours ago, EasternGamer said:

What would an A/A+ be in Mining, Ship Building and Infantry combat? Why is ship building a C-? Sounds like it's not the game for me since I consider DU's ship building A+ at least, and that's practically 99% of what I do in the game at the moment.

Lets just say DU is getting F to F- in everything but Mining.  In mining it is marked absent.  Maybe a C- for ship building, neither game is great at it but for completely different reasons.

3 hours ago, TonyTones said:

Why aren't capital ships viable?

Because Medium fighters are the current meta.  For a capital sized ship you could make 4 fighters and you would only need 2 of them to take a capital ship.  Armor plating and turrets have a long way to go currently.  They work, just not great.  If they ever get the ship lock-lasers, torpedo and missle mechanic working properly then I see large ships having a huge purpose as carriers or artillery batteries. 

At least there is no reason for murder cubes.

8 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

From DU Kickstarter when I backed it:

uP9UfQB.jpg

They also promised high tier ore in pvp zone, and only Sanc moon was safe. Whats your point thats not what the current game is. Thats the problem everyone is living on some "potential" of what DU can be.  But the reality is, in its current form its dogshit.

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

They also promised high tier ore in pvp zone, and only Sanc moon was safe. Whats your point thats not what the current game is. Thats the problem everyone is living on some "potential" of what DU can be.  But the reality is, in its current form its dogshit.

The point is I backed it because of those points among other things. That is why I am a Ruby Founder. I cannot "unback" it now, and am not commenting on what the current state is.

7 hours ago, Revelcro said:

Lets just say DU is getting F to F- in everything but Mining.  In mining it is marked absent.  Maybe a C- for ship building, neither game is great at it but for completely different reasons.

You didn't answer my question. What is A/A+? If it doesn't exist yet, adjust your scale. I also disagree with you on ship building. I don't want to assume, but it's probably because you can't make something look nice in Dual Universe. 

Combat in Dual Universe is very placeholder at the moment for me. As for the combat, it's a far more realistic depiction of what space combat could be in reality. It's not the most action-packed, but when you're encouraged to keep distance and high speeds, people will do so. And, considering people can push 12G's in acceleration, close quarter combat makes even less sense because you're talk 117.6 m.s^-1 velocity change every second. Considering in games like Space Engineers the max speed is less than that...