Guess that's it

TonyTones

With the new head of NQ being an investor. Maybe we can try to look at the company in a way he is likely to be looking at the company. He has hinted at gaming being the future in entertainment so there's some hope there but NQ has lost quite a bit of money. The financials paint a bleak picture and its either go deeper in hopes of saving it or get as much back as you can. Every day that goes by with no announcement tells me they have no respect for the time and energy we have invested. They may be trying to avoid a panic but that ship has sailed. If you throw in .23, .24 (no missions) and the last 3 months of almost no coms despite promises stating otherwise. I'm starting to think It's unwise to be invested in this project (as a player). Purpose of this post? More noise for NQ to see we would like answers. If no response comes of all of these posts by various people, its GG DU

Finding a game dev who respects their customers is as rare as finding a narcotics dealer who does. They are out there but it's very rare. The idea of making a game these days is to get people hooked, take up their time and get as much money as possible. Why would anyone be surprised at this? It's not like the movie industry where you have a customer who will view your work once or twice. It is exactly like the drugs industry. There are more gaming addicts now than heroine addicts, without question.

Expecting them to care how much time we invested is about as silly as expecting a dealer to care how well you roll joints.

I don't expect a dev to cater to us but this situation is a bit different. Unlike EVE for example, they require us to support them through this dev period to make it to release. Plus this game takes a large amount of hours to get anywhere as you probably know. The point is I'm not going to sink hours grinding to get to a position when it's looking like this game won't last long enough for me to finish another project.

I understand man. I am not advocating anything. I am not even being caustic towards the devs for this. I don't blame someone wanting to provide the best life they can for their family by using a skill they have taken time to learn. It is simply the way things are. Gaming is a drug and globally worth billions. As soon as any commodity becomes that valuable customer satisfaction does not take a front seat. The true question is not how can we make the end user enjoy them self. The question is how can we make them hooked for as long as possible.

To be honest they could have raised extra funds through skins/cosmetics to boost their overall funding.  Anyway where does it say their financial's are bleak?  Just want to look it up for reference.  DU overall has so much scope and we all wonder what would have happened if they had even double the funding!

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

https://discord.gg/3vM5SSfV

57 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

@Triopalite

All we know for a fact is that JC resigned as president/CEO of NQ and the CEO of the main Venture Capital investor in Novaquark has been appointed as new CEO. JC still owns 27% of Novaquark.

Cheers for that.

It's not a good sign, but we'll see.

32 minutes ago, Triopalite said:

Cheers for that.

It's not a good sign, but we'll see.

Who knows, given JC’s handling of the situation it could end up better.  

Since Chris Roberts’ brother Erin stepped in, SC has been moving a fair bit smoother... Erin is more pragmatic than Chris and less of an out and out perfectionist-micromanager. 

Erin is ostensibly only the production lead in Foundrry 42 in the UK but that is the studio in control of the whole project so he is now the de facto producer of SC.  

there’s been a marked reduction in empty waffle and pie in the sky technobabble and an increase in meat and vegetable core functions and game loops. 

All good, if you ask me. 

they just need someone a bit more grounded in reality handling DU, someone who can prioritize properly and know what needs to be done first and also can handle the players fairly, without bias. 

21 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

they just need someone a bit more grounded in reality handling DU, someone who can prioritize properly and know what needs to be done first and also can handle the players fairly, without bias. 

Nail head meet hammer.. well said..

4 hours ago, Honvik said:

To be honest they could have raised extra funds through skins/cosmetics to boost their overall funding.  Anyway where does it say their financial's are bleak?  Just want to look it up for reference.  DU overall has so much scope and we all wonder what would have happened if they had even double the funding!

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

https://discord.gg/3vM5SSfV

That was the plan.  At JC listed different color lights as a future cosmetic.

considering how many cosmetic packs Space Engineers has released.  It’s pretty safe to assume that cosmetic packages do quite well in space building games.

the only thing is that selling cosmetics in an “released but declared unreleased by the devs” game is trashy, and will get called out on social media.

Likewise cosmetic items are probably less valuable in Dual Universe than SE, since to actually ducking build them you’re going to need an industrial infrastructure that less than some single digit percentage of the community has access to (IE: if you even want different colored blocks it’s a different schematic, and still need to grind up all the precursor/input items which need even more grinding).

11 minutes ago, XKentX said:

and NQ has 180k euro left to burn out of initial what 22 mil ?

Looks to be the case, ya. Though the 22 came over time. It shows they clearly do not have enough sub income to pay the bills so someone needs to cover expenses and maybe cut some costs until they do. Or sell it, idk