Farewell DU..When the VC takes control the end is nigh

Vasten

Farewell DU I barely knew you

I love this game, i will be so happy if it survives

But venture capital is part of the angel investor, VC, PE chain.... they are all focused on exit strategy... to hope they will try to build and a run a company is a fools dream. Vc is all about the exit

The VC taking control is near certain death.. it means they no longer will sit in background, the only thing a VC knows how to do is prepare for and execute their exit strategy

I guess all we can hope for now is an M&A exit, and the slim chance the game is picked up by someone who will finish it off.. but I'm not holding my breath..

I guess it's time for starbase.. funny that the VC takes over right as starbase early access is about to come out.. maybe their industry consultants are telling them starbase will eat up much of the tiny market du has left.

Regardless.. I prefer du.. but starbase looks like it actually has a GAME.. fps shooting, cutting into hull and killing pilot, pvp, etc... so even if I as a highly technical player would prefer the du model, I think it may appeal to a much broader player base and have a much larger market

Oh DU... I hardly knew you

Before making wild assumptions, please learn the concept of Venture Capital, especially vs Private Equity.

PE is the kind of investment that will take control to split up and sell off parts of a company if it fails (or not, if the parts of the company are a better ROI than keeping it in one piece)

VC is the kind of investment that supports and drives growth for (new) companies with eth goal of making them a success or walk away if that does not happen.

Currently the only thing that is know to be true is that JC resigned and NQ is the new CEO of Novaquark. Anything else is purely speculative. The one thing that should not happen is for us to start writing off NQ and with it DU based on this speculation. That is a self fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/020415/what-difference-between-private-equity-and-venture-capital.asp#:~:text=Private equity is capital invested,potential for long-term growth.

KEY TAKEAWAYS:

• Private equity is capital invested in a company or other entity that is not publicly listed or traded.
  • Venture capital is funding given to startups or other young businesses that show potential for long-term growth.
  • Private equity and venture capital buy different types of companies, invest different amounts of money, and claim different amounts of equity in the companies in which they invest.

18 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Before making wild assumptions, please learn the concept of Venture Capital, especially vs Private Equity.

PE is the kind of investment that will take control to split up and sell off parts of a company if it fails (or not, if the parts of the company are a better ROI than keeping it in one piece)

VC is the kind of investment that supports and drives growth for (new) companies with eth goal of making them a success or walk away if that does not happen.

Currently the only thing that is know to be true is that JC resigned and NQ is the new CEO of Novaquark. Anything else is purely speculative. The one thing that should not happen is for us to start writing off NQ and with it DU based on this speculation. That is a self fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen.

Actually no

Ai, VC, and pe all operate on the same principle

Yes, invest and drive growth, but ALL plan to exit in relatively short term

Traditionally ai invest smaller, then comes VC, often ai cashes out when VC comes in, then pe or a large Corp comes on and VC sells out

Sometimes the company is successfull enoigh to stand alone, and they buy the vc out, but this is rare

Most fail and trigger an exit strategy

I know this because I am well educated in this field, I am a certified financial advisor, go to many ai and VC forums and industry events

The mantra of ai and VC is "exit exit exit". They dont run companies.. they flip them like a day trader flips stocks

And they are very strict about cutting losses and getting out according to a predefined schedule