An official warning to Nicolas Granatino

I see you couped JC.  I would like to leverage an official warning too you. I see you are a ex finance guy.  Please I must warn you if you give into your base instincts and go for the money grab with pay 2 win elements.  We the community will bring this house of cards down on you very fast.  This is our world , welcome guest.

Edit - Ok maybe I was a little too heated with my OP sorry for that.  We the community are invested in this game and are a pack of growling wolves guarding over it.

3 hours ago, ManfredSideous said:

I see you couped JC.  I would like to leverage an official warning too you. I see you are a ex finance guy.  Please I must warn you if you give into your base instincts and go for the money grab with pay 2 win elements.  We the community will bring this house of cards down on you very fast.  This is our world , welcome guest.

He's not really an "ex-finance guy".. He is the guy who's company funded Novaquark so far.

He's not a guest, he is the boss of the company developing DU now.. I'd say we are the guests in his house really.

Also, the chances of him breaking up the company and selling it are a bazillion to one in relation to him making DU a P2W game..

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

He's not really an "ex-finance guy".. He is the guy who's company funded Novaquark so far.

He's not a guest, he is the boss of the company developing DU now.. I'd say we are the guests in his house really.

Also, the chances of him breaking up the company and selling it are a bazillion to one in relation to him making DU a P2W game..

O yea well you smell funny ?

5 hours ago, ManfredSideous said:

Edit - Ok maybe I was a little too heated with my OP sorry for that.  We the community are invested in this game and are a pack of growling wolves guarding over it.

dude, whatever you're smoking, please share some with the rest of us ?

The community, as we knew it, left after .23r dropped at a really bad time. JC's insisted on doing things his way, and the greater community revolted. That is NOT the way to foster goodwill.

I'll continue to watch how things unfold, and if they fix things, I may be back to DU. I just hope Nicolas Granatino does right by both the company and the players. Only time will tell.

Don’t know anything about the guy, but first thing I found was from the guardian from 2010.  

seems he tried to go back on a financial agreement he made with a partner and then got royally slapped down by the UK Supreme Court. 

interesting that his profile picture looks identical to his picture in the newspaper from 11 years ago.  

could well be a vampire. Though he is still only in his mid 40s. 

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2010/oct/20/banker-fails-challenge-prenup-heiress

The 'warning' was a bit over the top if you ask me, and maybe a bit to late. I mean, the damage has already been done long before JC left/got pushed out, and most players are now busy playing other games.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, CptLoRes said:

The 'warning' was a bit over the top if you ask me, and maybe a bit to late. I mean, the damage has already been done long before JC left/got pushed out, and most players are now busy playing other games.

Just wish you would all go to those other games forums, rather than trying to destroy a game you no longer play, all very vindictive.  I cant remember EVER hanging around in the forum of a game I had left to put it down, for me it displays the worst of human nature.

You really think comments in a forum will make people stop playing a game? The only thing that will make players leave a game, is the game itself.

And some of us 'old timers' still hanging around, just shows how desperately we wanted the game to succeed. But after years of constructive criticism being totally ignored (in a NDA pre-alpha test forum no less) and watching the things we tried to warn about actually happen, all that is left is frustration and some twisted hope that maybe, just maybe. Or put in other words, if I actually didn't care about this game, I would have left long time ago.

3 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

You really think comments in a forum will make people stop playing a game? The only thing that will make players leave a game, is the game itself.

And some of us 'old timers' still hanging around, just shows how desperately we wanted the game to succeed. But after years of constructive criticism being totally ignored (in a NDA pre-alpha forum no less) and watching the things we tried to warn about actually happen, all that is left is frustration and some twisted hope that maybe, just maybe. Or put in other words, if I actually didn't care about this game, I would have left long time ago.

Your idea of 'caring' for something appears to be continuing to kick it until it dies.

I will admit there is a certain degree of "sunk cost fallacy" that makes me stick around.

But I have also always made a point to give NQ credit when they do something good. Like the mesh server improvements and amount of work they managed to do in a relatively short time-frame before the 'beta' release. But sadly that does not happen very often.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

I will admit there is a certain degree of "sunk cost fallacy" that makes me stick around.

But I have also always made a point to give NQ credit when they do something good. Like the mesh server improvements and amount of work they managed to do in a relatively short time-frame before the 'beta' release. But sadly that does not happen very often.

Fair play, would just love for people to only post constructive criticism not destructive.  People highlighting a problem and then outlining a tangible solution is cool.  We dont need people starting fires because they like watching things burn.