NQ has a new CEO .. Discussion

blazemonger

2 hours ago, rothbardian said:

You don't need to trust, but analysis and a bit research is required to understand what's goin' on.

The only thing we require now is a believable, not completely vague and misleading, statement from the company that secretly replaced the head figure of the project.

17 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Realistically all we can do is post speculations and wait. So no change for us, until there is.. :)

We can speculate and we can also see that the previous job listings that NQ had are gone and that the number of employees on LinkedIn for NQ actually dropped.

It's all guesses and speculation.

As I and many others have been saying for 9 months now, this game is repeating Worlds Adrift's mistakes all over again.

So grab the popcorn and hope for a cool server shut down event - but given the quality of other events, don't get your hopes up.

12 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

its all speculation, NQ wont even communicate with us over new updates, let alone negative incidents

It's gone beyond us now.

You're not going to hear anything until the end.

Same as with Studio 38. Same as with Flagship.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/22553-a-letter-to-our-players/

That "announcement" says very little and is very generic in wording but pretty much aligns with what I hoped would happen. It's amazing it took them this long to come up with that. I'm cautiously positive on this but I will need to learn more while it is a step in the right direction.

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/22553-a-letter-to-our-players/

That "announcement" says very little and is very generic in wording but pretty much aligns with what I hoped would happen. It's amazing it took them this long to come up with that. I'm cautiously positive on this but I will need to learn more while it is a step in the right direction.

Didnt this all kick off on bank holiday weekend?

4 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Didnt this all kick off on bank holiday weekend?

It was during the eastern holiday weekend. But still, you have an MMO that goes on 24/7. This message could have been sent days earlier.

BUT let's stay positive, there is a change going on at NQ. Lets hope it will be a positive one.

4 minutes ago, staticsprite said:

It was during the eastern holiday weekend. But still, you have an MMO that goes on 24/7. This message could have been sent days earlier.

BUT let's stay positive, there is a change going on at NQ. Lets hope it will be a positive one.

LMAO you think the sort of person who works for an MMO at the weekend would have the authority to deal with this?

Interesting for me that it was all the usual suspects on here and on Discord making up their lies whilst trying to act 'in the know'.

This was all done the 24th March. I'd agree that this "letter" could have been prepared in advance and kept under wraps to be released yesterday or sooner IF the community found out.

The events of the weekend just show us once more that NQ really has no clue about the abilities, passion and prowess of their community. That they did not even seem to have considered us finding out on our own is a tell tale sign of the old NQ.

Let's see what happens over the next weeks. A change like this does not complete overnight so they will need some time..

But we'll be watching..

14 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

This was all done the 24th March. I'd agree that this "letter" could have been prepared in advance and kept under wraps to be released yesterday or sooner IF the community found out.

The events of the weekend just show us once more that NQ really has no clue about the abilities, passion and prowess of their community. That they did not even seem to have considered us finding out on our own is a tell tale sign of the old NQ.

Let's see what happens over the next weeks. A change like this does not complete overnight so they will need some time..

But we'll be watching..

But you dont play DU, you play SC?  Judging by your social, you havent played DU in years. I just dont understand how anyone could spend less than £100 on something and then feel so entitled that they continue to slag the game off for years after they stop playing it.  Get over it dood, move on, leave us players who are trying to make the game work to deal with it.

3 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

But you dont play DU, you play SC?  Judging by your social, you havent played DU in years. I just dont understand how anyone could spend less than £100 on something and then feel so entitled that they continue to slag the game off for years after they stop playing it.  Get over it dood, move on, leave us players who are trying to make the game work to deal with it.

You'd be surprised how many of the people commenting every single thread in this forum are not playing DU or have played less than 50 hours... I feel the actual people who login to play every day stay out/are not interested in all this BS going on here.

4 minutes ago, Yamamoto said:

You'd be surprised how many of the people commenting every single thread in this forum are not playing DU or have played less than 50 hours... I feel the actual people who login to play every day stay out/are not interested in all this BS going on here.

I really wouldnt be surprised lol.  I have been arguing on and off with this lot for years.  Very few of the main negative posters on here play the game, nor have they done for some time.  Just people who want to see the game fail so they can say - "I told you so"   

Interesting how some seem to not read or worse, read anything as negative, purely based on who is writing it.

This is not about whether anyone plays DU or not, something you would not know anyway and here's a kicker, I have not logged in to SC in about a year. Maybe stop playing this on the person but actually argue a point or post an actual response to someone's opinion.

I would assume we're all here because we want DU to be the great game it can be and enjoy it. That we see things differently is fine and that we argue those differences is fine too. But pretty much dismissing what someone says just because you somehow think you need to dislike a person behind the opinion seems both counterproductive and actually reflects more on you that anything else.

I have serious concerns with how NQ is running their business as it affects the development of a game that could become a trendsetting one. I'd say I generally word my opinion in that way and provide reasons why. I also would say I have actually been one of the ones who took these changes as positive, in part for the very reason I felt things needed to change. And yet some of you keep rehashing the exact same empty arguments that have nothing at al to do with the context of the discussion.

You talk about people being negative and toxic.. please check a mirror to see who they are.

33 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Interesting how some seem to not read or worse, read anything as negative, purely based on who is writing it.

This is not about whether anyone plays DU or not, something you would not know anyway and here's a kicked, I have not logged in to SC in about a year.

Maybe stop playing this on the person but actually argue a point or post an actual response to someone's opinion.

I would assume we're all here because we want DU to be the great game it can be and enjoy it. That we see things differently is fine and that we argue those differences is fine tooo. But pretty much dismissing what someone says just because you somehow think you need to dislike a person behind the opinion seems both counterproductive and actually reflects more on you that anything else.

I have serious concerns with how NQ is running their business as it affects the development of a game that could become a trendsetting one. I'd say I generally word my opinion in that way and provide reasons why. I also would say I have actually been one of the ones who took these changes as positive, in part for the very reason I felt things needed to change. And yet some of you keep rehashing the exact same empty arguments that have nothing at al to do with the context of the discussion.

You talk about people being negative and toxic.. please check a mirror to see who they are.

Sorry who do I dislike?  Taking this a bit personal mate?

To be honest Blaze, you are not the worst offender by a long shot, at least you try to add something constructive to your comments and to be fair, you have stuck to your position.  You never felt JC should be running things and it appears that could now be the case.  I have seen you calling for some calm, so how about we let the dust settle and post up some ideas about how we can turn things around.

Still find it a bit weird people hanging around on a forum for a game they havent played in years lol.  Like having a bad meal at a restaurant and then camping outside for two years trying to put people off. Let it go!!

15 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Still find it a bit weird people hanging around on a forum for a game they havent played in years lol.

Most of these people only stopped playing maybe 4-5 months ago, you are assuming a lot and projecting it across far more people than it applies to in a discussion thread that has no relevance to the point you seem to try to be making.

And yes, I'd say "But you dont play DU, you play SC?  Judging by your social, you havent played DU in years.", besides being factual incorrect and kind of creepy, as it indicates you are actually checking up on what other community members do with their time, is directed to me as a person and well out of line and scope.

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Most of these people only stopped playing maybe 4-5 months ago, you are assuming a lot and projecting it across far more people that it applies to in a discussion thread that has no relevance to the point you seem to try to be making.

See I find 4-5 month odd too.  Could just be me, I just dont get it, if I dont like a game I drop it, go do something else.  People are different though I suppose.

1 minute ago, Moosegun said:

See I find 4-5 month odd too. 

I can understand how someone could have that opinion sure but at the same time it is just that, your opinion or POV. People stop playing games for months, sometimes years for a number of reasons and that does not mean they stop liking or caring for the game. 

That you stop playing because you do not see a reason at the time does not exclude you from having an opinion or the right to voice it just as much as another person may not agree with that (opinion). 

Saying "you can't be part of this discussion or have an opinion on this because you (currently) do not play" really does not fly for me.