Rotation, View Angles, and chat movement

Madrummer

My biggest request would be hands-down that the Rotation tool needs more axes to rotate around.  Holding Alt or Control should allow you to move it over the other two axes.  As it stands, you can do all the rotations anyway, but you have to really, really cheese it by placing it up against voxels, rotating, then moving with arrow keys and page up/down to get the element back in place.  It really, really can't be that hard to add some modifiers to give extra axes of rotation to a selected element.

After that, I see absolutely no reason why you can't look at +/-90 degrees.  What's this 75 degree limitation when looking up and down?  It is SO frustrating for placing things accurately and for pasting objects or working on ceilings, designs, or carefully placing stuff.  PLEASE please please give us the full range of view up and down!  I really don't care about seeing my own space suit, I'd rather have it hidden and get full head movement, at least when in build mode or when holding the mining tool.

This last one is more of a QOL than an actual improvement to game features, but I'd like to still be able to auto-run and have the chat window open.  It would make those long sprints back to your last death location or between long areas much nicer if you could chat with your buddies or in general channels while doing so.

Any thoughts on these?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have any screenshots from it. What your REALLY asking for is a piece of UI that connects itself to what your placing, has handles near the object for multi-axis rotation and handles on each of 6 sides to try and drag it. Something like that was done in Daybreak Games Flopped LandMark. It was insanely innovative and worked really well, would really like to see that here as well.

The first is fiddly. On the one hand it is a thing that would make building stuff easier, on the other builders capable of getting weird stuff to happen more easily tends to help them sell their skills, so I am a bit conflicted there...

Definitely want those last two though, they should be both easy to do and would very much improve things.