player has high level AR interface script stolen, ransom has been offered.

ELX987

20 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

You only have their word it’s going to be released Open Source once complete not sold for profit.

rather than returning it to them directly, post it on one of the open source discord’s and give them the link to the post.

therefore you know it’s going open, they get their code back, AND now there is a copy in case they lose it again

You can't extract it from the construct, that's why we have to use BPs. There are some special characters and he said there is some code or data in the databank...

And some update:

The constructs (both S and XS) just disappeared from our base.

Seems like if you are a French lua developer and file a ticket you get fast response time as any issues we file get a generic response only after about 1-2 months.

Still no statement from NQ or anything while the constructs just vanished.

Wondering should we have been like an assholes to just deconstruct it and erase whatever was there as it seems no one cares about regular paying subscribers. God knows why I paid 40 euro to reactivate two of my accounts just a week before...

On 4/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, AlexRingess said:

A feature that isn't well done. And NQ knows that.

Pretty much the case for most "features" at this time. 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, AlexRingess said:

That's why i'm pretty sure that NQ will do something for Elias.

I'd expect NQ will not do anything to recover the code. There is only one person responsible for not having a backup of the code and NQ can't "accommodate a rescue" of the code as they would set a precedent with potential consequence they are not going to want to take ownership of.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

I'd expect NQ will not do anything to recover the code.

You expect wrong. NQ tried to recover code for Elias in first hours (4-5 h from accident) by their admin technical means. But failed to do so (getting only usless corrupted version -- because some unuasal symbols in code). Actual, only working version was returned by pirates.

Anyway, while I was initialy fully on Elias side in this accident emotionaly, took it to heart and tried to help (even thinking about some crowdfunding for ransom and other shennegians), but it seems level of cover NQ (and all sidekicks) ready to provide in "special cases" beyond all expectations and makes all such worries irrelevant, even hilarious retrospectivly. Muck, they even worked on week end for this.

This "vanishing" of constuct is disturbing. If they dare to ban someone of pirates after this, I will not take it easy.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

Pretty much the case for most "features" at this time. 

I'd expect NQ will not do anything to recover the code. There is only one person responsible for not having a backup of the code and NQ can't "accommodate a rescue" of the code as they would set a precedent with potential consequence they are not going to want to take ownership of.

Well you are very much out of the loop then my friend. Because exactly that happened. :)

Not only did they fully cater to Elias's requests they also did so with several attempts and a lot of devtime involved as le_souriceau stated. His ticket was forwarded to the highest ranks in the team it appears, in the fastest manner I've ever seen such a ticket being forwarded and processed. Elias discontent about the situation even triggered a somewhat official statement concerning that case by NQ (in the end no clearing up the siuation tho). In context of absolutely no reaction during or even after the schem sale this is a very interesting development indeed.

1 hour ago, carijay766 said:

His ticket was forwarded to the highest ranks in the team it appears, in the fastest manner I've ever seen such a ticket being forwarded and processed. Elias discontent about the situation even triggered a somewhat official statement concerning that case by NQ (in the end no clearing up the siuation tho). In context of absolutely no reaction during or even after the schem sale this is a very interesting development indeed.

It's called preferential treatment.

Well.. I guess that being in good standing with NQ does provide you special privileges even when you only have yourself to blame for losing code in this case.

It will be interesting to see what happend is next time a random "unknown" player encounters the same or at least something similar. With this action NQ has committed themselves to do the same for anyone unless they want to confirm they will apply preferential treatment for some and shrug it off for others.

Youre also somewhat forgetting NQ has been holding the holy grail of no interference in the game by them very high and made it a promise to themselfs and the whole community. To me it seems there is quite a lot of interference even in regular gameplay/player events (I'm not talking about NQ organized events - even tho also there they should keep true to their "no interference in gameplay" maxim they set themselfs). This makes me wonder how much of this holy grail is actually left...

45 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

This makes me wonder how much of this holy grail is actually left...

tenor.gif

Its not that drammatic, obviously. Still, one can clearly notice preferential treatment -- or at least -- preferential communication (thing that sometimes even more important, when we all starved on this front) here and there. Its happening for long time.

Bit more help and noticebly faster, minor inside or hint wispered -- about incoming features or NQ internal workings. Individualy its not much (and even can be explained by context), but piles on and eventualy there is big difference what "golden boy" and "noname player" can expect on average in similiar situation, being it trouble or just curiousity how development is going. And I'm not talking rumors, some things I'm seen by my own beady eyes or even benefited in inderect way. 

I guess is natural in bad way, because empoyees only humans (and humans are usualy end up with some favorites, personal and collective ones), but still, from standpoint of égalité is quite shitty. Standards can be higher, especialy considering how its important in managing fair (PvP!) sandbox.

Latest development indeed BIG (this time) step in wrong direction.

Thats the difference between a privat friendship circle and a professional endeavour. Even if you have favorites you act upon it equally if youre in an professional environment. We as private customers are in a different position than the service provider and professional part in this. Certainly some rules can be extended/stretched for some constructivism and goodwill, but favoritism that directly punishes one/another side is not the way to go in any case. Being professional doesnt automatically entail being soulless and coldhearted - you can still keep a friendly communication with your customerbase, but you should certainly keep favoritism out of the business when this is very harmful for the business model and concept of the project.

14 hours ago, blazemonger said:

They did, the best they could. And they didn't do that yesterday but friday.

11 hours ago, blazemonger said:

It's called preferential treatment.

Well.. I guess that being in good standing with NQ does provide you special privileges even when you only have yourself to blame for losing code in this case.

It will be interesting to see what happend is next time a random "unknown" player encounters the same or at least something similar. With this action NQ has committed themselves to do the same for anyone unless they want to confirm they will apply preferential treatment for some and shrug it off for others.

I'm what you call a "random" guy.
Few months ago, I crashed my ship on a tower in Alioth. The ship was stucked in the air out of moving tool range.
I gently asked to NQ to help me recovering the ship.
One hour later, the ship (well, it's burnt version) was landed on the ground.
I didn't have to wait for months. 

One month ago, I sent a ticket about the milestones because they don't work as intended.
One week later, I had a response and they fixed the missed milestones (the one I was supposed to complete).

Sorry to say that but as a random, and considering the small number of NQ guys dedicated to that kind of activities, I considere my treatment was done well, but it wasn't what you called a preference treatment. Maybe if I had a name in this game my case would have been treaten faster, but I honestly doubt about that. 

Speculation once again.

Seriously guys, with the amount of salt you carry against this game, I don't understand why you're still here xD

If this game is so bad, go playing another one. Simple.

13 minutes ago, AlexRingess said:

Speculation once again.

People lost all their container contents due to an exploit being used.. NQ did nothing, the response was mostly "too bad and we're sorry but nothing we can do"

People has their landed ships maneuvered and docked, then flown to PVP space and destroyed for loot.. NQ did nothing for those players, they just fabricated a change in process which in turn impacted a lot of players

People fly their ships to markets, lag out and crash, respawning far away from the ship. NQ advises them to find someone to help hem recover it

A member of a "high profile" org is dumb enough to not have a backup of code he is working on and NQ goes out of their way to get his code back. You have the same issue tomorrow and NQ's response will be "nothing we can do".

The problem for me is not so much that NQ acted in this case, it is that they act in an inconsistent manner seemingly using different measures for different players.

The only thing I can think of right now is the quote from Orwell, which I have changed somewhat after reading the posts above:

All DU players are equal, but some DU players are more equal than others.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update:

Both ships "mysteriously" disappeared from our base. We have a "visitor logger". Were surprised to see NQ-Deckard visiting our base...

That Ellias guy that asked me to give him his script back, stopped answering after the have ships disappeared.