Map marker issues and voxel placement issues since latest patch

Matches42

As per title, some things are a bit wonky since last patch that I haven't seen mentioned;

* When I attempt to place a map marker, it places the market at the mirror-opposite location on the planet; I click a location North of the equator, my marker is placed South at the exact mirror-opposite spot.  This has resulted in some interesting, though annoying, mini-game happy fun time that I would rather not ever do.  It's a lot like playing darts, drunk, suspended upside-down from a ceiling.

* On voxels; When building, voxel placement outlines (blue or green ghost box) are not there, but I can see the hue of their existence....just not the ghost-box itself.  It's a guessing game until you place the voxel.  I click on a spot, and I can see a hue (blue or green) of the ghost-box, but can't actually see anything else; no voxel, no selected shape, no area that the voxel will deploy.  Can't see anything until I finalize it.  Did I just make a rectangle, or giant sphere?  *click*  Ah... a giant wedge.  

Anyone else having these issues or any suggestions as to how to fix either issue?

7 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Can you submit this in a ticket with some screengrabs please? (also send me the ticket number please). Thank you!

"Your request (48965) has been received" and I'm assuming that's my ticket number.  TIL screenshots fail to capture my mouse pointer, so my shots of the map placing my marker in the wrong locations just looks like my map..... with a marker.  Wildly unimpressive, but I assure you, it is near impossible for me to pick a spot, mark it, and set destination without 10 to 15 different attempts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Map marker placement it still borked, btw, nothing has changed; trying to place a marker on the upper half of my map places the marker on the bottom half of the map.  Setting a destination is a guessing game; it's not a feature, it is a bug.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:50 AM, Jizzlobber said:

Map marker placement it still borked, btw, nothing has changed; trying to place a marker on the upper half of my map places the marker on the bottom half of the map.  Setting a destination is a guessing game; it's not a feature, it is a bug.

I will try follow up, but please understand fixes aren't instant. Reports get reviewed, then prioritized and put into a queue for programing/fixing etc. Then testing before release. It won't be that fast (we all wish it could be :) )  Thanks for the reply. 

43 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

I will try follow up, but please understand fixes aren't instant. Reports get reviewed, then prioritized and put into a queue for programing/fixing etc. Then testing before release. It won't be that fast (we all wish it could be :) )  Thanks for the reply. 

I appreciate the reply; I have gotten used to clicking where I want to go, then clicking where the marker gets placed, then clicking around 5 or 6 times to get closer to my intended target location, then remembering that the marker's elevation is based upon the incorrect map marker location resulting in my actual marker being placed +/- 200 ft above or below ground..... but it is wildly annoying. 

Also, if you don't mind, poke them on my voxel issues?  I still can't build anything, in a game about building stuff, due to the fact that I only randomly get a ghost-box preview of where my voxels will get placed, and just for a moment before it disappears again.  Seriously.  I built a landing pad last night... just a big square, but it took me an hour because I had no idea what shape I was laying down, or how big outside of a guess in relation to mouse drag and how many times I punched the 'e' key for the (hopefully) correct voxel shape.  That was just to make a big, single-voxel thick square = 1 hour of backspacing, attempt to place, backspacing, attempt to place, backspacing, attempt to place.....close enough, copy/paste until finish, then trim to fit.  Imagine trying to build a ship without getting to see the shapes you are trying to make, lol, no way.    

6 hours ago, Jizzlobber said:

actual marker being placed +/- 200 ft above or below ground..... but it is wildly annoying. 

This was the case yesterday when I went to help a player (repair his ship). He gave me the coordinates, which I followed and when I came there, the marker was 200 meters below ground, so I thought "WTH" - is his ship below ground?
It turns out no - the ship was some 200m to the side - just the marker gets borked.

15 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

This was the case yesterday when I went to help a player (repair his ship). He gave me the coordinates, which I followed and when I came there, the marker was 200 meters below ground, so I thought "WTH" - is his ship below ground?
It turns out no - the ship was some 200m to the side - just the marker gets borked.

Glad it's not just me!  Hopefully they reported the issue so it isn't just me; I feel like if I am the only person having a problem, it won't get fixed.  Same with my voxel issues; If I am the only person, I doubt it will get fixed and I'll be forced to drop the game due to my inability to actually build anything in a ship-building game.  The map problems I can overcome, not being able to see where my voxels will deploy, and what shape is selected, is a real killer.  

On 4/12/2021 at 12:03 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

Okay "fixes take time" is 100% fair. There's a lot involved not just with fixing something but with testing and deploying that fix. 

However....NQ has got to get into a more regular release cycle.

There's no reason a paid online game should have 3-4 month release cycles like DU has today.

Small patches with fixes should be rolling out at least every other week -- a month at the longest. You can't leave major bugs unpatched in the wild just because you don't want to do deployments more than 4-5 times per year.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, HypershotJ said:

I am having the issue with map marker not placed where my mouse pointer is..  ill click in the center of the planet and my marker is either way north or way south of where my mouse is.

This bug happens when graphics mode is set to OpenGL instead of DirectX.  If you're not on Windows 7 (which only supports OpenGL with DU), set graphics to DirectX and restart the game before using the map heavily (scanning territories, etc).