Killer Voxel Dust - Please can it be removed/changed?

ADCOne

I would have reported this as a bug but I feel this is actually working as intended and so I putting this here as a suggestion instead. (sorry if this should have been a bug)

So I have started making my second take off strip on a mountain (I seem to be able to land easily enough without a landing strip) and the issue I have with these is: Once you flatten the desired area, and 'dig out' the mountain left above this I am finding quite a few tiny specs of voxel's left over and I cannot really see them on my screen at all, which makes finding them an issue. I only need to remove them because hitting these in a ship is like hitting the planet surface (which will obviously cause me issues if I leave them). Currently I am using my ship and the move tool and basically waving my ship around until it hits one of these bits of dust and then I know I need to keep moving around until I can see it and remove it (Can take ages).

Essentially I think this is not the most fun job and based on the fact realistically dust should just fall to the ground: it would be nice if these could be removed when they get to silly sizes or changed to not affect ships when they hit them (Ship would pass straight through them). I'd never know they were there as it is if they did not affect the ship, since I cannot see them except on the random occasions they are shown.

I have uploaded a private link video to YouTube to show what I am talking about (Sorry no audio I forgot to check it was working when started recording):

https://youtu.be/zn7oBBWlxZs

Thanks for considering this one :)

ADC

NQ should absolutely get a system into the game which will allow you to find and remove micro voxels. I do not think it should be as easy as pushing a button and poof but there needs to be a way to find these to then find a way to remove them in game. 

It's one of those long standing issues that NQ really never has even addressed in the slightest.

Also the new Maneuver tool limitation does not help trying to find these Voxels, I assume this was designed to stop abuse of the tool. Though I am not sure how you'd abuse it since it took so long to move anything any real distance, with this tool.

5 hours ago, ADCOne said:

I assume this was designed to stop abuse of the tool.

While it was used as an excuse to nerf the tool, the reasons behind it make zero sense as there is more ways to achieve the same and frankly, using the tool is the least intrusive or impactful to either the game or other players and certainly the only non permanent one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I managed to die to one of these Voxels today (traveling about 60KPH) I was just trying to get to a new part to the take off strip I have been making, fortunately I have a respawn point on my ship so I did not have far to travel. The good news is I could see the Voxel I hit and removed it when I found it (really quickly) and I assume this is due to the changes they have made to Voxels recently and its working well, I found every Voxel blocking my ship today and it looks like I have found all them that affect my ship on the take off strip. (have swung my ship around to test). So I am pleased with the changes to Voxels today. :)

Also on a side note I have found a better way to remove Voxels so there are less random tiny Voxels left behind. They way I have been doing it is to use the levelling tool at the level I want the floor to be first, then I use it just above the bottom of Voxels above, which makes a floor of voxels at that level. I repeat making floors of Voxels until there are only Voxel floors left. At this point I simply use the mining tool to remove these floors of Voxels (Going round the outside) and it seems to produce far less tiny Voxels to find. It also leaves none of the vegetation floating in the air, which is am improvement and certainly makes me feel more confident that I have not missed any tiny Voxels (Unlike my previous works).

My last thoughts on this is regarding the moving tool for the ships. It just seems wrong that I swing my ship around my head a couple of times and when its almost exactly where it start I get the message it's moved too far form its starting position. I certainly feel it would be better to have the game record the position where I actually started moving the ship form and allow up to 200 Meters (based on how wide my take off area's are) of distance before this message shows up (Then a longer timer might be needed to prevent abuse of this before you can do it again).